five and two fourths men

Camp Gay

“I can’t believe you convinced me into spending the whole summer at camp.” Sungmin rolled his eyes with disgust as he blew on his freshly-polished nails. “This is why I hate you, Hyukkie.”

“Are you forgetting that your latest eyecandy will be in attendance as well?” Eunhyuk had his iPhone on speakerphone because he learned the hard way that it was impossible to hold the very expensive phone and dye his hair at the same time without getting a slab of red on the screen. He made a mental note to scrape it off later. “You should be thanking me, Minnie. This gives you three whole months to drool and ogle at him all you like.”

On the other end, Sungmin gave out a very dramatic sigh. “Yes, but that boy is still convinced that he’s as straight as a ing ruler. Plus, I hear he’s gonna drag along that halfwit Lee Donghae.”

“Good,” he replied. “I need something to do besides putting on sunscreen and mosquito repellent. By the way, can I borrow your pink boots? I don’t have any decent footwear for camp; unless you can use pumps and rhinestone-covered sandals for hiking.”

“Ew, we’re gonna go hiking? I didn’t sign up for that!” He whined, bouncing in his seat in annoyance. “And no, you cannot borrow my pink boots. I’m gonna use them for myself and anyway, I don’t want your big clown feet to stretch out my favorite pair of shoes.”

“Well, boohoo, you . My feet are no bigger than yours.” He hissed. “I guess I have to borrow from my sister. Ugh, do you know how y she is when it comes to sharing? Seriously, I’m probably the only good soul in this family.”

“There are so many things wrong with that sentence.” Sungmin continued to dab on more glitter on his nails. “But I don’t want to waste my perfect voice pointing them all out for you. Let me just clear something up, did you just tell you me you’re gonna do Lee Donghae during camp?”

Eunhyuk smirked as he put his wet hair in a plastic cap. “Why, yes, Ming. Unlike you, I actually have plans this summer.”

“Are you ing out of your mind? That boy’s even straighter than my Kyuhyunnie!” He told him. “They’re dating those airheaded cheerleaders; personally, I don’t know what they see in them. It’s certainly not their s, considering they have none.”

It has always been Eunhyuk’s duty to assure Sungmin that he was prettier than any girl on their school’s cheerleading squad and that nobody can beat his rack (because Sungmin, being the gayest gay of all the gays in their school, had convinced himself that he actually had s). Sometimes Eunhyuk would forget to tell him and he had to deal with Sungmin’s sulking all day. And when a diva like Sungmin was upset with you, it was worse than going on a one-way trip to hell. “I know that, Minnie, but hey, who doesn’t love a challenge? Don’t you get it? It’s up to us to bend those rulers.”

A determined twinkle suddenly shone in Sungmin’s eyes. “I like the way you think, Hyukkie. Cho Kyuhyun and Lee Donghae are going to this camp straight, but thanks to us, they’ll be leaving it gay.”

“Sounds like a plan,” Eunhyuk was more than pleased with the idea. “Anyway, I have to go now, Minnie; we’ll pick you up tomorrow, okay?”

“Okay~” he sing-sung. “Make sure to look pretty tomorrow. After all, we’re gonna see our babies; we have to look our absolute best.”

He scoffed. “Oh, please, Sungmin. Consider it done.”


“Hi Minnie, ready to go? My mom’s in the car waiting for u—are you wearing a wig?” Eunhyuk’s eyebrows wouldn’t stay down as he saw Sungmin prance around in his bedroom, with hair that went past his shoulders, a sparkly star taped below his eye and in a short, backless dress that just screamed .

Sungmin turned the volume down on his speakers which were blasting a Beyonce song that Eunhyuk failed to remember the name of. “No, my hair grew ten inches over the course of one day—of course I’m wearing a wig, you idiot.” He sighed at his best friend’s ignorance.

“But…why? I know you’re really trying your hardest to look as feminine as possible, but I really thought you were already pretty enough with your normal hair.” He said while admiring the soft strands of Sungmin’s wig.

“Aw, what a sweet thing to say, honey,” he smiled and pinched the younger boy’s cheeks. “But are you forgetting Operation: Bring-Out-Cutie-Kyu-and-Pabo-Donghae’s-Inner-Gay? I told you, we need to look our absolute best.”

“I can’t say I care very much for that nickname you use for my Hae. He’s not an idiot.” He protested.

“Oh, sweetie, the boy can’t even put two and two together without having to use a calculator.” He looked at him pitifully.

“Yah, that was a rumor which, by the way, you started, in case you’re forgetting.” He poked at the she-man’s chest, which made him realize that not only was he wearing a dress that was so short that you could see up his if he bent down, but he was also wearing a brassiere that he assumed was completely stuffed with tissues.

“Oh…right.” He paused for a short second. “But you gotta admit, Hyuk, that rumor spread like wildfire. Even the teachers believed it.”

“Yes, and if I recall right, the reason you did it in the first place was to drive Kyuhyun away from Donghae, but instead you just downright pushed him into his arms since he’s now his Math tutor.” Eunhyuk glared at him with his hands on his hips.

Sungmin groaned. “Do not remind me,” he started to fan himself with his hand. “Anyway, I’m loving the new hair, Hyukkie. Just the perfect shade of red; very good, I’m proud of you. You’re finally learning.”

Eunhyuk chuckled sarcastically before tapping his Hello Kitty wristwatch. “Can we go now? My mom has next to no sense of direction which means if we waste any more time, we’re bound to miss the bus to camp.”

“Fine, fine.” Sungmin was very fond of rolling his eyes, especially when he was around Eunhyuk. “I feel so excited, you know? It’s like we’re going on a field trip with all these hunks for three whole months; are we in paradise?”

Sungmin had Eunhyuk carry most of his things; not that he couldn’t (because Sungmin was actually quite strong), but because he didn’t want to risk ruining his newly-manicured nails. But Eunhyuk, who was carrying six of Sungmin’s bags, had to pull him away from the door once he realized he was still crossdressed, which caused him to drop everything he was carrying in the process.

“Wait a minute, you’re not going out looking like that, are you?” he asked, panic flickering in his eyes.

Sungmin looked at him strangely, “Why, what’s wrong with it? I happen to think this dress is cute; my mom picked it out for me.”

“I know it’s cute, but…ugh, how do I say this—honey, we’re already outcasts, being the only two openly gay guys in school. What do you think the kids at camp are gonna think when they see you dressed like this?” he asked, shielding his face with his hands in case Sungmin attempts to claw his eyes out.

“Hyukjae, I believe we stopped caring about what other people thought of us the minute we walked down that hall with our pinkies locked together.” Whenever Sungmin used Eunhyuk’s real name, he knew he was in for a lecture. “Why should we start caring again now?

Eunhyuk sighed. “Min, you know my mom doesn’t know yet…”

“So? I’m the one in the dress, not you.” He pointed out, subconsciously starting to twirl his hair as he grew more impatient.

“I know, but if my mom sees you like that, she might start getting suspicious of me and start snooping around; the next thing I know, she’ll have discovered my DVD box set of and the City or all the make-up I hide in my dresser or—”

“Or the notebook you’d filled up with doodles of Donghae’s name.” Sungmin nodded, beginning to understand his point. “But you know what, I think it’s about time you come out to your parents. I mean, your sister knows. I know. The whole schools knows; why can’t they?”

“Sungmin, it’s a bit more complicated than that…” he chewed on his lip nervously. “Can’t you please just slip into a pair of pastel jeans and that cute, fluffy pink top we bought at Forever 21 together?”

“Oh, yes, because that would be less gay.” He said quite sarcastically. “Yah, I’m proud of who I am. I’m sorry that you can’t be. Anyway, it up. And pick up my luggage, would you?”

Sungmin blew a kiss to his family in goodbye and strutted out the door and into Eunhyuk’s mom’s car. Eunhyuk, who somehow managed to bring out all of Sungmin’s bags in one trip, promptly sorted them out neatly in the car (he was a neat freak) before nervously joining his mom and Sungmin-in-girl-mode in the car.

“Sungmin, I must say, that’s a really interesting choice of clothes.” His mother remarked warily as she started the car.

“Why, thank you, Mrs. Lee.” He grinned brightly while subtly sending Eunhyuk a knowing look. “Your son here helped me pick out these shoes, in fact. He actually has really good fashion sense, in case you didn’t already know.”

“Oh, is that so?” Eunhyuk’s mom sent him a suspicious look through the rearview mirror, one which was worse than the one she was giving Sungmin.

“Um…it's for a bet.” He fibbed clumsily. “Sungmin lost a bet and he has to wear this for the whole day. I was just being a good friend when I went shopping with him, umma.”

Sungmin’s glare was enough to burn holes into Eunhyuk’s skull.


“When we put up the sign-up list, a total of thirty students were more than willing to go. But when they realized you were going to be the counselor…well, we’ve had a few cancellations.” Garam High School’s principal appeared a bit iffy as he looked through the papers in his clipboard.

Kim Heechul took a second to stop filing his nails to sigh. “How many is a few, exactly?”

“…Twenty-five.” He revealed.

“So you’re saying I’m gonna supervise a camp with only five kids in it? Perfect. That just saved me a load of trouble.” He didn’t seem the least bit fazed. “I don’t like teenagers anyway. They’re bratty, they’re annoying and all they ever think about is and money.”

“As opposed to you?” he quipped. “Anyway, this is exactly why we chose you to be camp counselor. As the youngest teacher in the school, you need to be in tune with the students. We’re giving you three months to do the job; don’t make us regret this, alright?”

“No promises,” Heechul shrugged and put his nail filer away in his purse. He turned around and quite accurately, he spotted their bus pulling up. Realizing there was no way to get out of it now, he snapped his fingers and pointed to his bags, which was then picked up by two helpers he had brought along just to carry his stuff around. The principal has however already informed him that they couldn’t go to camp with him, because with the school’s poor financial system, the last thing they needed were two more mouths to feed.

“Let’s just get this over with.” Heechul, in a quite diva-ish manner, clapped his hands to catch everyone’s attention. “Okay, everyone in the bus in five minutes. Chop-chop!”

In a matter of minutes, a total of five students had gathered before Heechul. Heechul wasn’t one to hide how displeased he was as three jocks, one incredibly skinny boy with flaming red hair and a guy in a wig and a dress got in the bus. In his mind, he had already labelled them as five and two fourths men (though his calculation was probably wrong). The last one to enter was the tallest one, and if you asked Heechul, the most handsome one too.

“Are we the only ones boarding the bus?” he asked, almost making Heechul swoon with his deep, manly voice.

“Well, you’re cute. By we, I sure hope you mean you and me, but seeing as there are four other bozos in the bus, I’m guessing you’re not.” He wriggled his eyebrows suggestively. “So to answer your question, yes, it’s just us.”

“Oh,” he glanced around awkwardly, trying to decide whether or not their rather feminine-looking counselor was hitting on him. “Well, then…this could be fun…”

“Couldn’t have said it better myself.” Heechul muttered to himself as he not-so-subtly stared at the tall man’s beautiful .


“Where do you think you’re going?” Sungmin demanded like an angry girlfriend when he realized Eunhyuk was hesitating to take the obviously empty seat next to him. “Come here and sit next to me so we can gossip for the next two hours. I have the sweetest piece of dirt on—oh my effing God.”

“W-what?” Eunhyuk (as well as his pride) shrunk a little as Sungmin stood up and sent him the most menacing look he could possibly conjure. “I didn’t say anything…”

“I can’t believe this. You don’t want to be seen with me, do you?” Sungmin flipped his bangs away from his eyes as he continued to stare his friend down. “What kind of friend are you? More importantly, what kind of gay are you?”

“Minnie, of course I want to be seen with you.” He put his hands on Sungmin’s bare shoulders and started speaking in a honeyed tone. “I rode and got out of the same car with you, didn’t I?”

“Yes, but may I remind you that you spent the whole car ride fidgeting and avoiding my eyes? Not to mention, when we got out, you dashed off quicker than Speedy Gonzales.” Sungmin let out another one of his trademark ‘ughs’. “It’s all beginning to make sense now. You’re ashamed to be seen with me!”

“No, no, Minnie, I love being around you. You’re my best friend. I do everything with you; I tell you everything.” He assured him. “It’s just…when you go out in public dressed up like this, and in front of our future husbands too…I just can’t help but feel maybe, just a little uncomfortable…”

“Well, if you don’t want to be seen with me, then I don’t want to be seen with you either.” He sulked as he turned away. “Just for that, you can go and sit alone and thrash about in your own misery the whole ride there.”

“Minnie, sweetie—” he tried to calm him down but at this point, Sungmin was already set on shunning him (at least until he had something important to tell him).

“Don’t talk to me; I’m mad at you.” He shooed him away as he sat down and stretched his legs out on the empty bus seat next to his.

Eunhyuk had to deal with Sungmin’s mood swings every single day yet he still hadn’t gotten used to it. Disgraced, he, while staring at his feet, took the seat in the next aisle. Without even looking up, he could feel Sungmin’s menacing glare piercing through his soul.

“This seat taken?” Eunhyuk looked up, only to lay eyes on the most beautifully sculptured smiling face ever.

“Um…n-no,” he blushed immediately.

“Good,” he, without even paying heed to the boy’s uncontrollable giggling, sat beside him and held his hand out. “We’ve never properly met before, have we? My name’s Choi Siwon.”

“I-I know.” Shyly shaking his hand, he continued to giggle as he turned even redder. “I’m…I’m…”

“Eunhyuk, right?” he smiled while patting the flustered boy’s shoulder.

“You know my name?” his jaw practically dropped to the floor.

“Of course I do,” he nodded. “Everyone knows you and your friend. I mean, two guys holding hands while walking down the hall and kissing each other’s cheeks goodbye isn’t something you easily forget.”

He laughed nervously as his palms started to sweat. “W-wow…”

“You seem nice, Eunhyuk-ssi.” He said. “I’m sure glad this seat wasn’t taken. I just hate sitting alone, don’t you?”

“Yeah…who does?” Eunhyuk promptly leaned over just enough for Sungmin to see him stick his tongue out. Sungmin’s mouth was wide open in surprise (and envy); it has been that way the second he saw Choi Siwon approach his friend, which ultimately made him regret using the seat next to him for his waxed legs.

Eunhyuk and Sungmin have had many girly discussions about Choi Siwon, who they both agreed to be the most gorgeous and probably the most perfect creature to ever grace the earth. But neither of them really ever got to talk to him, since he usually hangs out with the cool, popular crowd, which just so happened to include the likes of their dream husbands, Kyuhyun and Donghae. So altogether, Sungmin and Eunhyuk never really talked to any of them. In fact, they spent most of their time, if not all, talking to each other and doing girl stuff.

Sungmin sighed, adjusted his stuffed bra and huffily looked away, choosing to divert his attention to the green scenery out the window.

Meanwhile, Siwon’s two closest friends, Cho Kyuhyun and Lee Donghae, sat in the very back of the bus, staring at their friend in disbelief as he continued to make chit-chat with one of the two’s biggest social pariahs in school. There was much space left in the backseat, so both were pretty much wondering why their long-time friend, who also happened to be captain of the football team, chose to sit with the gay guy nobody talked to instead of them.

“I always knew Siwon was weird.” Kyuhyun shook his head disapprovingly.

“Hm…he’s kind of cute.” Donghae remarked without even thinking.

Kyuhyun stared at him incredulously. “Siwon?”

“No, the gay guy.” He hadn’t even realized that he has been staring at the boy’s jutting jawline.

Kyuhyun had to give him a swift whack in the head with the back of his hand to snap him out of his clearly inappropriate (and very homoual) thoughts.


Heechul smirked as he had just gotten the three jocks—whose names he didn’t know—to carry his things off the bus and to the campsite, which they had to walk two miles just to reach. Fortunately, Heechul had remembered to bring earphones, which freed his ears from hearing any complaints and/or protests from the students behind him.

“Hyukjae, you’re now forgiven, so tell me all the juicy details nice and slowly. Was he nice? Did he touch you? Was he gentle?” Sungmin asked his friend quite eagerly.

“Minnie, relax. We just sat together, we didn’t have , for Pete’s sake.” He stated. “And, by the way, yes, he was unbelievably nice, and yes, he touched memore than once, I may add, and finally, yes, he was gentle. Oh my God, Sungmin, his hands were so soft yet so manly—”

“I can’t believe you touched Choi Siwon’s hand.” He pouted. “You’re never washing that hand, okay? It’s got Choi Siwon’s prints on it; who knows when such a miracle might happen again?”

“You think I haven’t thought of that? Oh my God, Sungmin.” He squealed. “He is definitely the best non-gay non-homophobic person ever.”

Heechul finally decided to set up camp a few minutes later (not that he didn’t think of doing so five minutes into hiking, but the places he’s seen were all yucky and dirty). Soon, he found a nice, big rock to sit on and with his legs crossed and his iPod playing his favorite Lady Gaga song, he ordered the five (and two fourths) boys to start putting up the tents.

“Siwon, what the hell were you doing sitting with that gay guy in the bus?” One of the jocks—the skinniest one, to be specific (Heechul had no idea how he landed a position in the football team with muscles as puny as his)—approached the boy Heechul has had his eye on since they last spoke on the bus.

Oh, so Siwon’s his name…

“I don’t see what’s wrong about it. He’s nice.” Siwon shrugged.

“Which one was he anyway?” The third jock, the smallest one with the really nice face, chimed in.

“I think that was the Lee guy…Lee something…” Kyuhyun tapped his chin in thought.

“They’re both named Lee, Kyu.” Siwon pointed out. “I was sitting next to Eunhyuk. Sungmin’s the one in the dress.”

“Oh yeah, I remember now.” The small one nodded. “Eunhyuk’s the cute one.”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes as he hit the back of his friend’s head yet again. “Siwon, help me out here. Donghae here has been acting gay the whole day.”

“But he’s right though.” Siwon said. “Eunhyuk is kinda cute.”

Heechul found his eyebrows knitting together in jealousy as he continued to listen in on their conversation.

“What, and Sungmin isn’t?” Kyuhyun asked, earning strange looks from the other two. Realizing what he just said, he shook his head and waved them off. “Never mind; forget I even said that.”

“Excuse me, but,” Heechul finally made his presence known. “Are you sure you three aren’t gay?”

The three exchanged nervous looks before awkwardly denying the man’s sudden remark. Heechul, satisfied with their reactions, loudly snapped his fingers to get everyone to pay attention to him. Soon, even Eunhyuk and Sungmin, who had been busy giggling over how hot the three jocks looked, were listening.

“Okay, let’s just cut through all the crap, shall we?" Heechul said with a wave of the hand. “Hopefully, these next three months won’t be as miserable as I expect them to be. Welcome to Garam High’s summer camp.”

“Is it? With all the homos here, it seems more like Camp Gay.” Kyuhyun snorted.

“I heard that,” Heechul called. “And I like it. Everyone, welcome to Camp Gay.”