suspiciously specific denial

Camp Gay

Sungmin threw his head back, a sultry moan rolling off his tongue as he drowned in delightful bliss. With eyes shut tight, he bit his fist to keep himself quiet, but that proved to be easier said than done. His limbs squirmed around all over the place and beads of sweat made his face glow—if he could stay in this moment forever, he would, Sungmin decided.

“Ugh, Sungmin, I’m losing it,” Sungmin jumped as Heechul barged in (without any warning), eyes full of dread and helplessness. “I can’t stand another minute in this camp if it means having to see Siwon’s stupid, gorgeous face all the time.”

“Heechul!” he scolded, bringing the sheets up to his (clothed) chest. “Don’t you ever knock?”

Heechul tugged one eyebrow upward, “There’s no door.”

“Well, at least say something before coming in,” he muttered. “What’s the matter now?”

“Eunhyuk and Donghae can’t take their freaking hands off each other and they can’t seem to go one second without swapping spit, and they have the actual nerve to do in front of me.” He complained loudly, his arms flailing about to emphasize his frustration. “And worst of all, Siwon comes and things have become so bad between us that we can’t even say one thing to each other without things turning awkward.”

“Oh, that’s nice, honey—”

“Nice? Are you even listening?” Heechul retorted, earning an exasperated groan from the younger. “Sungmin, this is bad. No, actually, it’s beyond that. It’s awful. Terrible. Worse than breaking a nail!”

“That bad, huh?” he clucked his tongue. “You know what, honey? Why don’t we take this outside? Some fresh air would do some good for that mood of yours. Go on, I’ll be right out.”

Heechul rolled his eyes, “Alright, fine. But if I didn’t know better, I’d swear you were trying to get rid of me.”

Sungmin forced out a chuckle, “That’s crazy, honey. Why would I do that?”

As soon as Heechul was out of eyesight, Sungmin let out a big sigh of relief, “The coast is clear.”

Kyuhyun’s head popped up from under the covers, hair disarray and tongue hanging out like a thirsty dog, “I can’t believe he didn’t realize I was under here.”

“Consider yourself lucky,” Sungmin chuckled and lovingly his boyfriend’s hair. “Oh, and might I just say, you were doing a terrific job down there…well, at least until Heechul came in and you bit me…”

“Hey, I was startled,” he shrugged and brought his lips to Sungmin’s nose. “I’m sorry, Minnie. Did it hurt?”

“Yes, but…I kind of liked it.” He admitted, piquing Kyuhyun’s interest as his eyebrows rose. “But try not to sink your teeth in too hard next time, okay?”

Kyuhyun smirked, “We’ll see.”

Sungmin’s (presumably dirty) reply was muffled as Kyuhyun quickly captured his lips into a sloppy (but still pretty hot) kiss. He moaned as Kyuhyun’s skilled hands made their way to his , squeezing and massaging his cheeks in all the right places (Sungmin was unsurprisingly surprisingly very sensitive in the area).

“Sungmin, where ar—Kyuhyun? Where’d you come from?” Heechul came back in, but stopped short of saying anything else when he started putting the pieces together. “Oh my God…oh my God, you were under—oh my God!”

“We really need to start locking that door.” Kyuhyun muttered.

“We don’t have a door,” Sungmin pointed out as he sent a death glare towards the counselor. “Seriously, can you be any more of a ?”

Heechul’s mouth fell agape as he squeezed his eyes shut in disgust. “What are you, animals? It’s 9AM in the morning!”

As Heechul ran off, (presumably to wash his eyes out with soap), Sungmin turned to his boyfriend, a playful smirk dancing on his lips. “Animals…that sounds interesting. I can be the naughty little bunny while you can be the hungry tiger looking for something to eat.”

“Right now, your lips are looking pretty delicious,” he said, sweeping away Sungmin’s bangs before planting another big, sloppy kiss on his (already) swollen lips.


“So, Wonnie,” Donghae called as he broke in the high heels that Sungmin gave him, attempting to keep himself from falling as he strutted around. “Have you talked to Heechul lately?”

“Um, no, not really,” Siwon was gracious enough to hold out his hand to his long-time friend for balance. “Why do you ask?”

“No reason,” he shrugged, letting out a small squeak when he almost lost his footing. “Well, Heechul’s been staying in our tent for a while now and Hyukkie’s too nice to say anything, but I can tell he’s getting a little peeved.”

Siwon replied with an awkward quip. “So, he must be cramping your guys’ style, huh?”

“I didn’t know people still say that.” He said, the blankest look upon his face. “Do people still say ‘bummed out’ too?”

“Um, I don’t know. Do they?”

“Do they?”

“I don’t know.”

“I don’t know either.”

“I see I can still expect a sophisticated conversation out of you.” Despite Siwon’s obvious sarcasm (which Donghae failed to pick up on), in all honesty, he had missed having these conversations with Donghae. Donghae was a relief from all the snooty people he had to put up with for his parents’ sake. When he was with Donghae, everything was so simple; the most complicated they had ever gone was when they somehow delved into a discussion about the difference between muffins and cupcakes. “Donghae, do you ever wish you could just…I don’t know…change things?”

“What do you mean?”

“What if I was born into a different family? A normal one? One where my parents aren’t so judgmental and homophobic—one where everything is just easier.” Siwon squatted on a log just to bury his face in his arms. “Everything’s just so complicated. And because I’m such a coward, I’ve hurt the one person who may actually be good for me.”

“Wonnie, are you talking about Heechul?” Donghae tilted is head to the side, almost losing his balance again in the process.

“Yes, Hae, I am,” he sighed in misery. “I know the Bible’s against it and all—”

“Against what?”

“You know, two people of the same in a romantic relationship.”

“That’s silly,” Donghae scoffed immediately. “If two people like each other, then why does anything else have to matter? Take me and Hyukkie. We’re very much in love, and besides each other, we don’t really think about anything else. Is that wrong, Wonnie?”

“No, it’s not,” he shook his head. “I really admire you, Hae. I can’t believe I’m actually saying this, but I could learn a lot from you.”

“Well, Wonnie, if you ask me,” he started. “If you really like Heechul, then—whoa!”

“Then what, Hae?” Siwon asked frantically. “What, what should I do?” He turned to look at his friend, and his eyes instantly widened as he laid eyes on the twitching mess on the hard ground.

Eunhyuk’s going to kill me…


“It hurts, it hurts, owie, owie, owie!” Donghae complained as Siwon carried him (bridal style) into his and Heechul’s tent. He would’ve brought him to Donghae’s own tent, but in fear of Eunhyuk’s wrath at seeing his boyfriend in pain, Siwon ultimately decided against it. “Siwon! Kiss it to make it feel better!”

“Um, no, I am not doing that.” Siwon refused awkwardly as he propped some pillows for Donghae to lay his sprained ankle on. “I’ll leave that to Eunhyuk, thank you.”

“But, Wonnie, it hurts!”

“Shh!” Siwon clamped his hand over Donghae’s mouth, muffling the rest of his complaints. “Hae, be quiet or else they’re gonna hear you!”

“Wonnie, I think we should tell Heechul about this. He knows all about this medical stuff.” Donghae suggested as he wriggled around in pain, only making the ache in his left ankle even worse.

“No, we can’t! Because that would mean talking to him! And that would mean looking into his pretty eyes and pink lips and—no! I can’t do it!” Siwon refuted as he carefully removed the straps of Donghae’s heels and slid it off his foot. “Goodness, Hae, this looks bad.”

“But are the shoes okay?” he asked, bringing his head up to check.

“Yes, Hae, they’re fine.” Siwon rolled his eyes. “Can I get you anything, Hae? Water? Nemo? A sleeping pill, perhaps?”

“Wonnie, you don’t have to drug me,” Donghae said. “Just kiss it to make it better.”

“I told you, Hae, I’m not doing that.” He reiterated.

“Fine, then I’ll just have to tell Hyukkie—oh Hyukkie!”

“Shh!” Siwon frantically slapped his hand over Donghae’s mouth, practically smothering him as he did. “God, you really are a .”

Donghae gasped, “You said the B word!”

Siwon’s eyes widened as he realized that what his friend said was indeed true. “Oh my gosh…”

There was no other person better fit to be the epitome of a saint than Siwon. He was always polite, always courteous, always well-mannered. He was nice to the rudest people and he never lost his temper, no matter how frustrated he was. Kyuhyun and Donghae thought Siwon was physically incapable of swearing, especially since the closest he has ever gotten to saying anything offensive was ‘gosh darn it’, ‘fudge’ and ‘female dog’.

“I didn’t mean to,” Siwon insisted, his ears turning pink with embarrassment. “It just slipped out.”

“Wonnie, you’re normal!” Donghae rejoiced, seeming to have forgotten about his injury until his foot shifted and he let out another cry of pain. “Owie, owie! Wonnie, what do we do?”

“I don’t know, I don’t know,” he paced around, torn between seeking medical help and protecting his own well-being. “The only people we can tell are Sungmin and Kyuhyun, but I don’t think they’d be of much help because they’d most likely just e in front of us…”

“I have two questions.”

“No, Hae, I am not telling you what e means.” He dismissed. “Did you ever even crack a book in school?”

“Okay, I have one question.” He said. “Why can’t we tell Hyukkie? He’ll know what to do!”

“Yeah, right after he kills me in my sleep.” He shuddered. “I’ve seen your boyfriend’s muscles, Hae, and I don’t wanna risk it.”

“But, Wonnie, I’ve seen you , and as much as I love Hyukkie, your muscles are much bigger.” He assured him. “So, I think it’d be a pretty fair match.”

“Hae, you don’t get it.” Siwon said. “I’m a pacifist; Eunhyuk’s probably not.”

Donghae blinked in confusion, “I don’t know what pacifist means.”

“How do you even get dressed by yourself?” Judging by that snarky remark, Donghae could tell that Siwon had been spending a lot of time with Kyuhyun lately…or perhaps he had gotten it from Heechul. Who knows?

“Donghae? Where are you?” Eunhyuk’s voice from the other side of the tent made the both of them jump, one in surprise, the other in joy.

“Hyukkie, I’m here!” Donghae answered, biting Siwon’s hand when he tried to cover his mouth again.

“Donghae?” he asked, his voice, as well as his footsteps growing louder. “What are you doing in Siwon’s tent?”

“Wait, Hyuk, don’t come in!” Siwon blurted out.

“Siwon? You’re there too?” Eunhyuk’s tone filled with suspicion. “What’s going on? And why can’t I come in?”

“Because…because Siwon’s !” Despite not exactly being his shining moment, Siwon had to admit, that was the fastest that Donghae has ever thought.

“Really? Let me see!” was Eunhyuk’s first response. But then it sunk into him, “Wait, why is Siwon ? Hae, please don’t tell me you’re too.”

“I’m not, Hyukkie,” he replied. “Wonnie just needed to show me something.”

“Show you what exactly?” Siwon could just imagine Eunhyuk writhing on the other side.

“Something personal,” Donghae said, earning a swat on the shoulder from the jock.

“What are you doing?” Siwon asked in a half-whisper.

“Well, I can’t say that I’m , because Hyukkie’s already seen me .” He explained, speaking of it as if it was the most normal thing in the world. “And you’re the only other person here so…”

“Why does anyone have to be ?” Siwon asked, tugging upward one eyebrow.

“Should I come back?” Eunhyuk asked. “Hopefully, when everyone is fully-clothed? Or at least until Siwon is willing to show me his privates…”

“Yes, Eunhyuk, do come back.” He sent him away hastily, but not before asking him to bring the first-aid for his ‘something personal’.

After Eunhyuk had slipped in the first-aid kit through the small opening in the tent, Siwon perused through the little box for something remotely useful for Donghae’s swollen ankle. The closest thing he found was a hot pack, and so, finding no other way to tend to it, he pressed it against the injured part, only eliciting a loud cry from Donghae. This, perhaps inevitably, sent Eunhyuk running back to accuse Siwon of molesting his baby Hae.


“Whoa, Donghae’s screaming and you’re out here? Has hell frozen over?” Heechul remarked as he joined the sulking boy by the campfire. “Shouldn’t you be in there, hitting his prostate or something?”

Eunhyuk scoffed, “Siwon’s with him.”

Siwon’s hitting his prostate?” he asked with one eyebrow raised. “So hell really has frozen over.”

“I don’t know what they’re doing in there,” he said. “You don’t think Donghae would cheat on me, do you?”

“I don’t know about Donghae cheating on you, but I do know that Siwon wouldn’t sleep with him, since he’s a guy.” He sighed bitterly. “Plus, I don’t think Donghae is stupid enough to have with a straight man right in front of you.”

“I guess you’re right,” Eunhyuk placed his head on Heechul’s shoulder. “What do you think they’re doing in there?”

“Why don’t you ask them?” he asked.

“They won’t tell me anything,” he said. “The only thing I know is that Siwon’s in there.”

“WHAT?” Heechul screeched, nearly blowing out Eunhyuk’s eardrums. “Donghae gets to see him and I don’t?!”

“Well, in all fairness…”

“No, Hyukjae, no. Nothing about this is fair.” He snapped, rising to his feet and flailing his skinny arms in the air. “If things were fair, then I’d be right in there in that tent with Siwon and I wouldn’t be hurting so much and I wouldn’t be screaming my lungs out right now!”

Eunhyuk hadn’t realized how shrill Heechul’s voice could be until he heard a ringing in his ears—after Heechul had stopped ranting. “Are you done?”

“No.” Heechul opened his mouth to speak, but closed it again when he realized he had nothing more to say. “Okay, yes, I’m done.”

“Heechul, honey,” Eunhyuk managed to calm him down as he squeezed the older man’s shoulders. “If you can’t be Siwon’s boyfriend, have you ever thought of just being his friend instead?”

“I don’t know if I can,” he chewed on his lip in thought. “I mean, how do you do something like that?”

“It’s easy if you’re good at hiding your emotions.” He shrugged. “Besides, it’s not like you’re in love with him or something…are you?”

Heechul’s eyes widened, “Am I?”

“I asked you first,” he said. “Are you or aren’t you?”

“I don’t know,” his gaze dropped to the dying flames of the campfire. “How can you tell anyway? I mean, are there symptoms or something?”

“Heechul, haven’t you ever been in love before?” he asked. Eunhyuk waited for an answer, and his eyes widened once he read the nervous expression upon the counselor’s face. “Oh my God, you haven’t.”

“Shut up,” his cheeks turned pink. “I don’t see what’s the big deal. Love turns people into mush, and Kim Heechul has no intention of becoming mush.”

“I’ve seen you cry when you chipped a nail; I’d say you already are mush.”

Heechul glared at him, “I heard that.”

“Well, I said it loud.” He smirked smugly.

Before Heechul could claw Eunhyuk’s eyes out, the two froze in their positions once Siwon came out of his tent. The color in the teenager’s face drained when he happened to lock eyes with Heechul, who found it hard to look away despite the discomfort he was feeling.

“Um, I’m gonna go now…” Eunhyuk quietly excused himself as he made his way inside Siwon’s tent. “Because…you know…this is really awkward…oh Donghae!”

“Hyukkie!” Donghae greeted cheerfully. “Hyukkie, I hurt my ankle really bad. And it’s not because of Siwon, not at all.”

“That is a suspiciously specific denial.” Eunhyuk remarked warily. “What really happened?”

“Siwon promised me ice cream if I kept quiet,” he revealed. “But he took care of me a lot, since he was there when I fell and stuff…”

“Oh, honey, what were you doing anyway?”

Donghae was slightly embarrassed to admit it, “I was kind of trying out Sungmin’s heels. Apparently, I’m not very good at wearing them.”

“Don’t worry, Hae, these things take practice.” He assured him while his hair. “But, you’re okay, right?”

“Yeah—”

“Siwon didn’t violate you or anything, did he? Not that I’m saying Siwon’s a and stuff, but you are pretty hard to resist…” he grabbed Donghae’s favorite plushie and quite seriously ordered him to, “Show me on Nemo where Siwon violated you.”

Donghae chuckled, “Siwon didn’t violate me, Hyukkie. Though I did kind of violate him a little.”

Eunhyuk stared at him, squinting in disapproval, “You need to stop spending so much time with Sungmin.”


“Do you think he’ll hear us if we…?”

“Honey, he’s asleep, not dead.”

“But if we’re really quick…”

“Can’t risk it. You’re underestimating how loud we are when we’re having .”

“You two do realize that I’m still awake, right?” Heechul finally interjected, annoyed. “And Kyuhyun, as much as I need the pick-me-up, you should probably stop groping my .”

Kyuhyun quickly retracted his hand, mistakenly thinking it was Sungmin’s he was rubbing. “Do you really have to stay in between us?”

“Give me a break,” he said. “It’s the only place I found comfortable.”

“How convenient that it happens to be right in between us,” Sungmin remarked blankly. “Ever thought of taking your sleeping bag and spending the night outside?”

“And risk getting bitten by mosquitoes and dragged away by bears?” Heechul scoffed. “As tempting as the latter sounds, no thank you.”

“There are bears here?” Kyuhyun asked, a hint of fear in his voice. But he quickly pulled himself back together and cleared his throat, “I’m not scared.”

“That’s a suspiciously specific denial.” Heechul teased, to which Sungmin reacted.

“That sounds like something Eunhyuk would say,” he said. “You know what would be really suspicious though? If you and Siwon—”

“I am not in love with Siwon!”

“Now that’s a suspiciously specific denial.” Kyuhyun smirked, despite the fact that no one could see him in the dark.

“You know what? You two are driving me insane.” He growled. “There’s a thorny bush right outside; why don’t you two go hump behind it?”

“Thorny bush?” Sungmin asked curiously. “That sounds interesting.”

“Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” Kyuhyun asked.

He smirked, “I’m way ahead of you, hon.”

“I hope you get pricked by the thorns!” Heechul let out a big sigh of relief as the two scurried out and presumably took his advice. The pleasure he took in the brief silence was soon broken once he heard moans coming from the two silhouettes right outside the tent.

Little did he know that not only was the silence gone, but his solitude was going to be too soon.

“Heechul?” Siwon peeked in, startling Heechul as he was the last person he ever expected to see. “I think we need to talk…”