Head-First Reactions

Tug-of-War

Heechul's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     What the heck did I just do? Did I really just put my arm around her? I hope I didn't creep her out. But she doesn't seem to be pulling away. 

Just to make sure she's not uncomfortable, I pull my arm away.  I nervously laugh as the waitress comes over to take our orders.

     I order some ramen, and she orders some kimchi. The waitress takes our menus and goes to place everyone's orders.

"So, just so you know, I'm straight," I tell Hyun-Ae.

     "Well, I suppose that all went to show that you are," she replies. 

I laugh nervously, yet again, wondering if she meant her laughing spree, or my un-planned half-hug. Everything appears to be going better for the people toward the end of the table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryeowook's POV

     To be honest, I wasn't so sure about sitting next to Maggie, but I quickly realized that she's just as shy as I am.

After Siwon got us to start talking, we've had a nice conversation. She's told me a few stories about her life in the United States, and she's asked me a bit about Korea. We started to talk about our education, and I got an interesting story from her.

     "Well, I came here, planning to major in psychology," she said, "But then, I met some people who were studying music, and we became freinds. I went in, completely convinced that I'd be one of the best psychologists the world's ever seen, but my friends happened to over-hear me singing, and told me that i should come to audition for SM Entertainment, and I didn't expect to be accepted so quickly. Apparently, I'm a good dancer, too. I was afraid they would reject me because I'm not remotely Asian, let alone Korean, but they took Caucasian-old-me," she said, smiling.

     I can tell she's not of my ethnicity, because I can see her European features in her large, hazel-eyes, and long, auburn-red hair. It seems to suit her perfectly.

     What am I saying? She's eight years younger than me, and seems very dedicated to her business. I guess there's nothing wrong with admiring her pretty looks, though.

     "Well, I'm sure Caucasian-old-you must have had a lot of talent to get into SME," I reply.

She smiles. "Thank you, oppa. Sorry if I bored you with the story."

     "Andwe (no), it's been very interesting," I answer.

Our food comes, and I get ready to eat. I notice that she is bowing her head to pray, and Siwon should do the same. I bow my head, too. I think maybe I should be thankful to God for what I have more often. 

     We all look up and start eating, talking amongst ourselves here and there.

I'd like to get to know Melinda better, but the way she smiles at Siwon when he talks to her makes me think I shouldn't get too close. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Melinda's POV

     Ryeowook appears to be very sweet and interested in my life. He's also been very helpful in answering my questions. I see him as a person who could be a very good friend that I'd like to get to know.  I don't usually make friends with other quiet people so easily, but something is different about him.

     It seems sudden, but I have a good feeling about him. Even if he's just a freind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyun-Ae's POV

     I hope I didn't make Heechul uncomforatble earlier. I try to make small talk as we eat.

"So, do you like the music industry?" I ask.

     What the heck, Hyun-Ae? Of course he likes the music industry. He works there!

"Well, yes. It has its ups and downs, and some days you wish you weren't here, but once I see the fans, everyone who supports me, and the profession I love, I could never see myself leaving," he says. "

     "I see. Was it hard to be away from the guys during your enlistment?"

"Oh, yes. They all become like brothers after awhile, and I missed them very much. But I'm glad to be back now," he replies.

     We reach for the salt at the same time, our hands touching. His fingers are so long and thin, but beautiful.

Beautiful? Really? They're fingers...friggin' fingers.

     "You can go first," he says.

"No, you can," I say.

     We end up not using the salt at all. His phone rings, and he gets an excited look on his face. 

"I'm sorry. Do you mind if I take this? It's a good friend I haven't talked to in a long time," he asks.

     "Ne, of course,oppa," I reply. "Have a nice talk."

"Kamsa hamnida (thank you)," he says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Two chapters in one day...sorry if this one's too short/not good. I'm in a writing mood, and I wanted to move the story along. Plus, it's been a few days since I've posted, so I figured I'd post extra for all of you lovely, patient readers. I hope you enjoy this chapter, and  no major spoilers, but let's just say Heechul's phone converstaion is going to tie into the sotry/...PLOT TWIST!!!! Anticipation slowly creeps up on you... 

PREPARE FOR CHAPTER 9!!!!!! haha.

Thank you so much for reading. Please comment and subscribe if you like this story.

~Rachael :)