Wounded

Tug-of-War

Two weeks later

Hankyung's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "Are you sure I'm saying it right?" Maggie asked me.

"Well, after about fifteen times, it's better than when you started."

     We were rehearsing our new song for our next ablum. I ahd told her that I'd feature her in a korean song, but she insisted on doing a song in Chinese with me since she wanted to be accepted by the Chinese audience.

     She groaned. "I don't see how different a q is from a z sound."

"When you're speaking Chinese, it makes a big difference," I tell her.

     "Fine. How about we practice it one more time?"

"I think you need a break," I tell her.

     "I think we need to prac-"

She is cut off by her ringing phone.

     "And what a perfect time for a break. Your namjachingu (boyfriend) probably wants to talk to you."

"Okay. We'll take five."

     "You guys haven't had a good discussion in two weeks. Make it ten."

"But he knows I'm busy," she whines.

     "You miss him."

Maggie stops speaking.

     "Fifteen minutes?" she asks.

I smile. "Perfect."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maggie's POV

     I squeal and answer the phone. "Annyeong (hi), jagiya (sweetheart). What's up?"

"Practicing with the guys and the Jump Girls. You?"

     "Trying to pronounce Chinese words. Kill...me...now."

"You got yourself into it. And what kind of person would I be if I killed my own yeojachingu (girlfriend)?"

     I laugh. "I suppose I did get myself into it. Altough, I think I do have a sweet namjachingu that speaks Mandarin. They say it's easier to learn a language with a person of the opposite gender helping you practice."

     Hankyung laughs. "Yeah. 'Practice.' "

I roll my eyes. "You've been spending too much time with Heechul," I say.

     "Well, I'll be free within the next few days, so maybe I can help you then," Ryeowook says.

"Sounds great, baby. I miss you."

     "I miss you, too. This whole project with the Jump Girls isn't the same without you. I'm taking you out soon."

"When are you free?" I ask.

     "How about Friday?"

"Okay. Cool."

    We talk for a few minutes, and then I realize I have to get back to my rehearsals.

"I'll talk to you later, dear."

     "Okay. Missing you," he says in his cute, choppy English.

I hang up and turn around. hankyung is smiling like an idiot and turns around. He crosses his arms over his chest and starts to rub his hands along his back while making kissing sounds, imitating people making out.

     "Real mature, dude," I say.

"What? I can't have some fun with this?" he whines.

     I sigh. "Let's get back to rehearsing."

 

     A few hours later

     Hankyung and I were both exhausted after the long day of working on the album. I went back to the hotel I was staying at until we moved onto our China tour. I decided to get cleaned up and make a quick stop to the Super Junior dorm to surprise Ryeowook. 

     I knock on the door. No one answers.

"Hmm. Must be out," I think. Wook said we'd hang out on Friday, but I know he needs time to bond with the guys, too. I understand that.

     Once I discover that there's no one at the Super Junior dorm, I decide to drop in on the Jump Girls. A knock on their door reveals that they aren't home either.

     "They must be practicing late," I thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Ryeowook's POV

I almost feel guilty for being here without Melinda. I know I need time with just the guys, but I wish Maggie was here. 

     I peep over at Heechul and Hyun-Ae sitting together at a table. They had been dating for a few weeks before Melinda and I had started dating. It seemd like they had taken to each other quickly.

     "You look nervous, hyung," Sungmin said. "Have a drink."

I shake my head. "Miso doesn't like me drinking," I tell him.

     He huffs. "Man, oppresive much?"

"It's not like she doesn't want me to drink, but she doesn't like it when I get drunk. She doesn't want me overdoing it."

     "One drink won't kill you," he said. He waves to the bartender.

"One beer for my friend, please, on me," he smiles.

     I never like drinking when I'm nervous, because I tend to lose track of how much I've had. But maybe it'll help me relax...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Hyun-Ae's POV

     I felt like I was keeping Heechul away from the guys, but he said that he wasn't leaving me tonight. I had been a bit uneasy lately. But he promised that he'd be with me through all this.

     "So, it seems like everyone's accepted our relationship pretty well. I mean, the fans, the girls, and the guys, too."

"Haha. Now they can't say I'm gay," he laughs. 

     "I know you're not," I giggle. "You may dress in drag at times, but I know you're straight."

"How can you tell?" he says, poking my shoulder.

     "I just know," I say, and give him a kiss.

After a few minutes he says, "I know we just found out, but when are we going to tell everyone?"

     "About?"

He raises his eyebrows.

     "Oh, yeah. Well, let's figure this out ourselves first, and then we'll tell everyone soon. At some point we won't be able to keep this a secret anymore."

He nods. "Sounds good. Whenever you decide the time is right, I'll be right alongside you."

     I smiled. It's such a great feeling to know what I have a loving, supportive boyfriend like Heechul.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Melinda's POV

     I'd gotten the address of the restaurant from Henry. He thought he'd heard me knocking on the door of the dorm and saw me through the peephole. He had been sick that week but decided to let me know where the guys had gone.

     I had invited Hankyung to come with me so we could surprise the guys. As we walked in, the loud noises of crazy, intoxicated people floated to my ears. As I searched for my boyfriend, I was appaled to find that he was one of those people.

     "Hey, pretty lady," he said to me, putting his arm around my shoulder. "Want somma this?' he shoved his bottle toward me, spilling some beer on my coat.

     "Oh, sorry. You might as well take it off," he says sheepishly.

"Babe, I thought we talked about this," I said, a serious look on my face. 

     "Now we're going by those terms, huh fire sprite?" he grinned, tousling my auburn hair. I cringe when I smell the heavy scent of alcohol and vomit on his breath. He's gonna feel the hangover anytime now.

     Hankyung frowned. "I know it might sound innapropriate, but would you like to sit with me instead tonight?" he asked.

I nod. "I'm sure my 'baby' will understand that he was a bit too busy for me."

     I'm trying not to be too upset, but I remember the first time I was around him when he was drunk, and I didn't like it.

At all.

     Hankyung and I were seated after a few minutes.

"So, is he going to be spoken to about this later?" Hankyung asks me.

   I nod. "Oh yeah. He's not getting off the hook easily. I love him, but sometimes tough love is required in a relationship."

     "Oppa, aniya (no)," I hear a female saying.

I look over and see Eun Kyung being caressed by Ryeowook. 

     My boyfriend is caressing my friend.

"Come on. Just one kiss," he says.

     She keeps backing away, but he pulls her in and starts making out with her. She struggles to get away. I want to help her, but I can't stand to watch this anymore. Trying not to let the burning tears in my eyes spill over, I quickly exit from the dining room into the hallway.  A few seconds later, I hear a loud 'SMACK' against human flesh, and I can only assume it was Eun Kyung. I hated anyone hurting my Wookster, but right now, something in me isn't too keen on leaping to his defense. He did this to himself.

     "Miso-ah, are you okay?" Hankyung asks.

After only two weeks of recording together, Hankyung can see right through me.

 I shake my head "no", deciding to be blatantly honest.

     "Do you want to talk about it?"

I am thinking of so many things. I think of how I never acted on my feelings for Ryeowook until recently since I was sufering from so much heartbreak from Steven's death. I was afraid of more heartbreak, but I let Wookie have my heart, ignoring my inhibitions and just followed my heart. There are few people who I ignore my hesitations for, but I did it for him, and now he decides to take my heart and rip in in two.

     I wanted to relay all this, but somehow, these thoughts wouldn't turn into verbal words. I just break down in tears. Hankyung takes my head and puts it on his shoulder, wrapping me in his arms, and just lets me cry it out.

     And even though someone has decided to protect me, I still feel so vulnerable.

I feel so wounded.