First Meeting

Tug-of-War

     Author's note: hello everyone. Sorry for the horribly annoying teaser.... but anyway, here is a new chapter! Thank you for your patience, and enjoy! :)

P.S. I might start switching points of view for characters, but unless the POV is indicated by "So and so's Point-of-View", just assume that it is the point of view of our main character, Melinda, also known as Maggie, Melly, Mels, Miso, and maybe some other names...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          The vast sight of the SME interior overwhealmed my senses briefly. I was an eighteen-year-old girl whose career had just started, and here I was, ready to be publicized with one of the most popular boy bands in South Korea. I was truly amazed.

     "This is amazing, sin;t it?" Mi Hi whispered to me.

"Ye (yes), it is. I can't wait to meet everyone," I told her.

     We got to the main desk. 

"Hello. I am Mi Sun with the Jump Gilrs," Mi Sun told the receptionist. "We are looking for Mr. Sung Ji-Hu."

     "Yes, Mr.Sung said you would be coming," the receptionist said. "Please wait for a moment."

She made a call, and once she hung up, she told us, "Mr. Sung said that the group you are meeting with is on the tenth floor in conference room 10A."

     "Okay. Thank you very much," Mi Sun replied.

"Woo-Jin will show you there," she said, motioning to the young man in uniform.

     "This way, please," he said while directing us toward the elevator.

Once we got to the tenth floor, Woo-Jin led us to conference room 10A where Mr. Sung was waiting for us outside.

     "Good morning," he said.

"Hello, Mr.Sung," Mi Sun said while bowing. She then motioned for us to do the same,a nd we all did.

     "I am Sung Ji-Hu, Super Junior's manager. I am pleased to meet you."

"As are we," Mi Sun repleid. "These are our members,Chung Eun Kyung, who is 25."

     "Nice to meet you, sir," she said and bowed.

"Park Hyun-Ae, who is 23,"

     "Hello, Mr.Sung," she said, also bowing.

"This is Yoon Mi Hi, who is 18."

     "Thank you for having us, Mr.Sung," she said with a bow.

"And this is Melinda Callsworth, our member from the United States, but she has taken the name Chang Min-Seo, but we also call her Miso."

     "I am honored to meet you, Mr.Sung," I said, and made sure to bow.

"And I am Kim Mi Sun. I am 25, and I am the leader of the band. Thank you for everything, Mr.Sung," she said, along with bowing.

     "It is nice to meet all of you. The Super Junior members are excited to meet all of you," he told us. "So, let's get the meeting started. Follow me, please."

We all followed Mr.Sung in. We introduced ourselves to Mr.Sung's boss, along with their producers and some of the SMe officials. Mr. Sung then adressed the band.

     "Everyone, these are the members of Jump Girls. We are to treat them with respect and be professional. Alright?"

"Ye," they all said in agreement.

     Mr. Sung then intorduced all of the members. 

"This is our leader, Park Jungsoo. Thenb we have Cho Kyunhyun, Kim Ryeowook, Lee Donghae, Choi Siwon, Lee Hyukjae, Lee Sungmin, Shin Donghee, Kim Youngwoon, Kim Jongwoon, Kim Heechul, and finally, Henry Lau and Zhou Mi, who are members of Super Junior M, the mandarin subgroup, but they wanted to meet you all,too."

     Each one of the members stepped forward and gave a,"Hello" or, "Nice to meet you" with a bow attatched. 

"Let's get to the meeting," one of the producers said.

     We started with the song production, meeting the song writers, seeing if some of the members wanted to take part in that process, and organizing recording schedules along with rehearsals. Eun Kyung and Hyun-Ae were faithfully taking notes the whole time. I prefer to keep stuff like that in my head. It gets jumbled on paper if I try to translate my whisps-of-side-thoughts into text. 

     After everything was arranged, we scheduled the next meeting, finished the current one, and shook hands. We all said our goodbyes, but after we left the room, one of the members spoke up.

     "Would anyone like to go out for a celebratory lunch?" Jungsoo (aka Eeteuk) asked.

All of the Super Junior guys agreed, and all of the Jump Girls agreed unanimously. 

     "Hyung, we have some things to gather," Sungmin said.

"Oh, yes. That's right. How about we all gather our things and meet out in front of the building in ten minutes?"

     "That sounds good," Mi Sun said. "Is that alright, girls?"

A synchronized "ye" came from all of us.

     Everyone dispersed, and I began to follow. Suddenly, I realized that I left my bag in the conference room.

"Tell the girls not to wait for me, Mi Hi. I'm just grabbing my bag quickly." I told Mi Hi.

     "Alright," she replied.

I looked around quickly for my bag, and when I came back out, everyone was gone.

     "Apparently they didn't need a full ten minutes," I said.

I started to leave, but then realized that I was lost in such a large building.

     "Stupid Maggie," I told myself.

"Do you need help?" a voice called.

     I turned around, and there behind me was Choi Siwon.

"Oh, thank goodness, Siwon oppa. That is your name, right?" I asked.

     "Yes, it is. Are you lost?"

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks. "Ye, oppa. I'm lost. I feel quite stupid."

     "Don't feel stupid," he said. "Many of the members got lost in here the first time we arrived. Just follow me, and we'll be out of here soon."

"Kamsa hamnida (thank you)," I said. 

     We approached the elevator, and the door opened.

"After you," he said.

     "Thank you."

We stood in there for a short ride. He spoke.

     "Did you find your things?"

"Yes, I did. Thank you for all your help again, Siwon oppa. Did you happen to leave something in an un-obvious place like I did, if I may ask?" I said.

     "Aactually, no. I don't mean to sound like a stalker, but I heard you saying that you had to look for your bag, and I wanted to make sure you got out of the building alright," he said.

     "Thank you. That was very kind. You didn't have to do that, though."

"I wanted to. I'm not trying to suggest that you're weak or un-intelligent, but I figured being alone in a new place, and being a woman and all, though most of the people I know at SME are good people, I wanted to make sure you were safe. It's almost like something I'd do for my sister," he tells me.

     "I understand what you're saying. Thank you."

We quickly glance at each other in silence. His face is happy and smiling, in a protective way. We stay like that for a moment, until I look away. I hope I wasn't rude doing so.

     "There you guys are," Mi Hi said.

"Is everyone here now?" Jungsoo asked.

     "I haven't seen Hyun-Ae," Mi Sun said.

"Yeah. And Heechul isn't around either," Kang-In said.

     "They'll be down soon, I'm sure," said Eun Kyung.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Hyun-Ae's Point-of-view:

     I rushed down the hallway of the SME offices. Our first meeting with Super Junior had gone well. I was carrying my binder full of papers and clumsily tripped myself, sending tthem flying every which way.

     "Great, just lovely," I exclaim and, flustered, start re-organizing my papers.

"I'll help you with those," a voice says. 

     "Oh, you don't have-" but he starts picking up the papers anyway.

Once he finishes helping me, I look upon my helper.

      "Thank you, oppa," I say, because I had seen him a few minutes before in the meeting.

"It was no problem. I like to help people whenever possible," he says, smiling. His tone is sincere and kind.

     "I should get going," I say. "My friends are probably looking for me."

I thank him again as I begin to run off, only to trip myself again. Suddenly, I feel a pair of hands steady me. Then I get a better look at his face. Handsome features, gorgeous eyes, and a smile that seemed concerned for me. But this was not the face of my long admired EunHyuk. This was the face of Heechul, Kim Heechul. I never thought I'd see him like this, in this way.

     "Are you okay?" he asks.

"I'm fine. Only bruised my dignity."

     He  chuckles. "Alright. Be careful."

"I will, Heechul oppa. Thank you."

     This times I walked off with some coordination. And don't ask me why, but I had a feeling that I wouldn't forget that smile of genuine concern for awhile.

     He followed me into the elevator, and the space between us felt smaller than it actually was. The doors opened again, and we were on the first floor. 

     "There they are," Maggie said as we came out of the building. 

"Alright, if this is everyone, let's go!" EunHyuk said.

     We all got into our vans and left for the restaurant we agreed on going to. I watched Heechul get into the van and watched their van travel behind ours for the whole trip.

     "Ooh! Noona's got a crush!" Mi Hi said.

"No...I'm just...bored. I feel like watching their vehicle," I said.

     Mi Hi chuckled. "I wonder who it is," she teased.

I rolled my eyes, blowing off her not-so-misdirected observation. I continued re-playing the past few minutes in my head, wondering why I felt this way about someone who helped me with a task almost anyone would help with. 

     "Dang it. He's not leaving my mind anytime soon, is he?" I thought. "Oh well, i might as well enjoy the fantsay, but I still have to be professional," I think to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note: Ooh! We all know who Hyun-Ae's "helper"/secret guy/crush is!!! Aah! What does everyone think so far? Leave a comment if you like. :) Thanks for reading.