Double Departure (Part 1)

Tug-of-War

     Siwon's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Super Junior and Jump Girls are gathered at the airport to say goodbye to Melinda. She has to leave soon, but I'm hoping that I can catch her alone for a moment.

     Everyone had helped her with her bags, and she said something about forgetting a bag, but that everyone else could go on and wait for her.

Odd. Seems like the last time I was alone with her it was because she forgot something. 

     "Maggie, do you need some help?" I ask, trying to be polite.

"Oh, aniya (no),oppa, but thank you."

     "Well, do you have a minute to spare?" I say, holding my breath.

She looks up at me curiously. 

     "Um, sure. But not too long. The plane leaves soon," she answers.

I reach into my coat pocket and pull out the medium sized box.

     "Maggie, I can't understand what you're going through right now, but I figured if I can be of any help, I will."

I hand her the box. Her eyes grow wide as she pulls out the bronze locket with Jeremiah 29:11.

     "I know that you've told me scripture has helped you a lot, and I can testify to that much in my own life."

She stares at it for a second then looks up at me.

     "O-oppa...it's...it's. Thank you."

I smile casually, then she surprises me by throwing her arms around me and engulfing me in a hug.

     "It was no problem. Anything for a friend."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maggie's POV

     I get out of the hug I just gave to Siwon and look up at him.

"This is truly a blessing. I will think of the promise inside of the locket, and I will think of you every time I wear it," I say. I fasten on the locket and cradle it in my palm.

     "If you ever need me, just let me know. If you're sad, need prayer, or just want to yell at someone, ring your oppa," he tells me.

My eyes start to burn. I guess I've just realized how fortunate I am to have so many great people supporting me right now. It's too bad that they'll be half an ocean away within a matter of hours.

     He looks concerned. "Oh, I'm sorry. Ah, what did I say?"

I shake my head. "Nothing, oppa. I'm just glad you're here, but I'm also sad that you'll be so far away."

     He gives an understanding half-smile and hugs me. His strong arms surround me, and his warmth radiates trough the chilly air to me. I return the hug, wanting to stay like that for awhile, but realizing that I have to go.

     We both look at each other and back out of the hug.

"Should we get going?" Siwon asks.

     "I think so."

We begin to walk, and he grabs my hand. We walk like that until we get to the door. Surprisingly, it wasn't that awkward.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryeowook's POV

     I was wodering what was taking Maggie and Siwon so long. Was she okay? Was Siwon too slow in helping her?

The doors open, and I see Maggie and Siwon walk in. She appears to be fine, but there's something around her neck. I realized it was a locket upon further inspection. 

     Wait a second- were they holding hands? 

"Shake it off, Ryeowook," I told myself. "It's only a friendly thing. It has to be."

     She begins to say goodbye to everybody, and she finally makes her way to me. Her eyes appeared to be red, and I hoped Siwon hadn't upset her. 

She comes to hug me.

     "Aigoo, oppa. I'm going to miss you so much. Don't forget to call."

I shake my head. "Of course not. I promise I'll remember to call. Your big brother is here for you." 

     She smiles, giving me one last hug, and saying, "Saranghaeyo (I love you), brother."

"Nado saranghaeyo (I love you too), sister," I whisper.

     She walks off. I'm never going to wash this jacket again. It's one of the last hugs I have from her. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maggie's POV

     After saying goodbye to Ryeowook, I have said goodbye to everyone. Mi Hi comes up for another hug just before I leave.

"Goodbye, Miso-ah," she says. She grips me tightly, but I don't mind. It's the hugs like these I'll miss.

     "Goodbye. Take care of yourself," I say, gripping her hand.

I feel her start to let go, and she pushes a pair of birght orange, large, fluffy socks into my hand.

     "For good measure," she grins. 

After I let go, Heechul yells, "Group hug!" and everyone gathers around me, squeezing me in a standing dog-pile like formation.

   I begin to head toward the terminal, and I see a figure quickly running into the doors.

"Did she leave?" it asks.

     "No, but she's about to," Heechul says to it. "Run. Fast."

The figure quickly comes closer to me as if in a dream, and I see the familiar features of Hankyung.

     "Sorry I'm late," he says. "I had to say goodbye."

"It's fine. One more hug will always do me good."

     He hugs me. "Have a safe flight," he tells me. 

I nod. "I will. Thank you."

     He squeezes my shoulder. "Take care, Maggie."

Ryeowook looks on, but as soon as he notices my glance, he averts his eyes.

     A few minutes later, I've gone through security, and I'm on the plane. The attendant announces takeoff, and slowly, the plane starts to rise. 

I look down at the ground, watching my friend and the landscape of the country that helped me get so far grow smaller and farther away.

     "Goodbye, South Korea, " I say.

 Once I begin to calculate the length of my flight, I realize that soon, I will have an even bigger mountain in my path. if leaving my friends was this hard, heaven knows what the next excursion entails.