Epilogue: Waking Up Every Day

My Assassin Oppas

Dara felt her hand clasped tightly before she was closed to breaking down. Seeing the grave of her father for the first time in fourteen years was definitely heartbreaking. She, along with Cheondoong, didn’t have any news of his death, didn’t know how he died, if he had an illness or an accident, and didn’t have news of what his life was like after he made them orphans.

 

Cheondoong then wrapped his arms around her as he felt that she couldn’t take it anymore. He hugged her tight as she buried her face on his chest, sobbing aloud. He understood where her sorrow came from. Although it was true that along with her, he was also an orphan left by him, she had the most sufferings especially because of the current events. She was deceived to, made to believe that she found their father, even invested her time in taking care of him, only to find out later on that the person she started to care for was nothing but a mere stranger .

 

The old man, it turned out, was Daniel’s dying father who he used for this so-called mission. It was really cruel, she thought. Why would anyone use one’s father to do some crime?

 

As Dara continued to cry, she felt another hand on her back, patting her comfortingly. “Let it out. Just cry and let it all out,” Jiyong’s voice entered her ears. It was him who took most of his time in Busan, who was able to find their father’s grave after a thorough search.

 

Teddy, with his arm on a cast, turned around with Kush following behind him. They didn’t want to see her crying that much. TOP just bowed his head and let her cries fill his ears, not knowing what else to do when the two guys she needed most were already beside him.

 

“Let it all out,” Jiyong said again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara felt the glare of sunlight even with her closed eyes. Her eyes squinting, she opened them slowly as she finally realized that it was another day. She was still facing the opened window and the light of the sun still glared her eyes so she couldn’t see anything in front of her. She felt a light touch on her face and as the wind caused the curtains on the window to cover the light of the sun, she saw the owner of the gentle hand that was on her cheek.

 

“Good morning,” Jiyong greeted. He was lying on his side, facing her, and smiling at her. He didn’t say anything else as he just stared at her. She didn’t say anything too as she just stared at his face.

 

It was an overwhelming feeling, they said, waking up every morning with the face of the one you love the first thing you see in the morning. Dara could testify that as for several mornings now, she felt the overwhelming feeling as Jiyong’s face greeted her every morning. He never missed a morning as he kept on waiting for her to wake up, not leaving until she woke up, not missing a morning without a smile on his lips to greet her.

 

It had been two years and the same smiles were plastered on their lips every time their gazes locked.

 

“I missed one thing in the morning,” Jiyong broke the silence.

 

“Really? What is it?” Dara asked.

 

“Won’t you scream at my face, please?” he said.

 

Confused, Dara furrowed her brows. “What are you talking about? Why would you want me to scream at your face?”

 

“Didn’t you use to scream at my face every morning in the past every time you find out I once again slept beside you?” he said.

 

A small smile drew on her lips. She remembered it perfectly well. “I would want to scream at your face just for the sake of remembering the lovely past,” she said. “But our baby will get scared,” she said, holding on to her bulging stomach.

 

Jiyong’s hands then went to her stomach. “The little Jiyong inside your womb wouldn’t mind, right?” he said. After a while, he felt the baby moving inside. He then stared at Dara with a surprised look on his face. She was mirroring his expressions too. “He moved. It meant that he agreed.”

 

Dara chuckled. “Shall I scream at your face then?”

 

Jiyong then laughed as he kept on caressing Dara’s stomach, getting excited himself for their first baby. “I promise to love you, little Jiyong. I promise to protect you and your Omma with all my heart.”

 

“Little Jiyong says he’ll protect me better than you can,” Dara said, giggling.

 

“Eh?” Jiyong feigned surprise. “I bet Little Jiyong is stronger than Appa eh?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~ END ~