The Visit

My Assassin Oppas

TOP lazily mopped the dirty tiled floor as he muttered rapidly to himself. “Seriously… why am I even here? Why am I also put into detention? It’s not like I’m a student here too. AISH! Really… Aish! Seriously…” he then gazed at Jiyong who was pacing impatiently on his spot, his mop resting on the far wall and he wasn’t even wearing an apron, a mask, and a pair of gloves just like him! He then stormed towards him. “YA! Why the fcuk are you pacing? You’re making me dizzy! Can’t you just grab your mop and help me out here? Would it hurt you to help me here? I’m not even a student and you know that. You even dragged me into this. HA! Kwon Jiyong, you owe me big time, remember this alright?”

 

Jiyong, with a deadpan expression on his face, stared back at him. “Hyung, we need to take a look at Dara and Yoona. Who knows what they’re doing to each other right now? Maybe they’re now clawing each other’s souls out of the other.”

 

TOP’s shoulder slumped. He couldn’t believe every word he just uttered a while ago was left ignored. He wasn’t even sure if Jiyong heard a single word he just said. He then sighed deeply and stared straight at Jiyong. “Jiyong, don’t you remember what I told Yoona? Do you think after what I told her she will still lay a finger on Dara? You saw how scared she looked like a while ago.”

 

“But… it seems so eerily quiet in there,” Jiyong said, a worried expression on his face.

 

TOP deliberately patted the younger guy’s shoulder and smiled inwardly as the latter didn’t seem to notice that he was still wearing his cleaning gloves. “Jiyong, isn’t that a better sign? It’s quiet in there because they’re working quietly and not scratching each other’s face?”

 

Jiyong then stared at TOP, a hopeful glimpse on his eyes. “Really?”

 

TOP grinned as he patted his shoulder again, causing the other guy to look down at his shoulder and a disgusted look replaced his worried one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

This was Dara’s first time to be put into detention and what was worse? She was put along with Yoona to clean the girls’ restroom. But besides the fact that they’re cleaning a filthy restroom, she was more bothered at how silent Yoona was the whole time they were cleaning. She looked behind her where Yoona was cleaning the toilet, a disgusted look on her face but she seemed to be trying to bear the disgust she was feeling at the moment.

 

Dara frowned at Yoona’s lack of insults thrown at her. She wasn’t used to it. Yoona then turned around and threw the brush she was using on the toilet, catching Dara who was looking at her, but the latter didn’t look away. Yoona was the first one to look away as she started to remove the gloves from her hands, planning to ditch this nonsensical ‘detention’.

 

“I’m sorry for the cut on your lips,” Dara started to say. “And for your broken nail.”

 

Shocked, Yoona turned around and looked at her. She was tempted to throw an insult towards Dara but stopped herself, remembering what TOP told her. She just turned around again to wash her hands.

 

Dara’s lips twitched, realizing her approach didn’t get the insult she deserved.  “I said I’m sorry,” she repeated.

 

Yoona hissed under her breath. “It’s alright. The cut will heal.”

 

Dara’s eyes widened. She then stomped towards her, turning Yoona around to make her face her. “Who are you and what did you do to the Yoona I know?”

 

Hearing this, Yoona couldn’t help but giggle. “What are you talking about?”

 

Dara then placed her palm on her forehead to feel her temperature.

 

“Eew. Get that filthy hand off me,” Yoona said, pushing Dara’s hand away.

 

Dara grinned. “Much better,” she said and turned around, put her gloves back on, and continued her work.

 

Yoona sighed and breathed deeply again before speaking. “I’m sorry for the scratches on your arms and face.”

 

Dara turned to her again, her brow rose. “That was quick. Where did Yoona go again?”

 

Yoona then walked towards her. “Look. I don’t want this as much as you don’t. But, TOP said…” she cut herself off. “Whatever. I don’t want to fight anymore okay?”

 

“You’re the one who always starts the fight.”

 

“But you provo—“ she cut herself off again. “Whatever. I’m sorry for all I’ve done.”

 

Dara scoffed. “This is really something new. I should have pulled out my phone and recorded it.”

 

“Dara, I’m being serious okay? I’m really sorry I tried to snatch Jiyong from you. It’s just that…”

 

“What is it?” Dara asked as Yoona stopped speaking. She felt the heavy aura surrounding them as Yoona said that.

 

“Not everyone knows this, not even Jessica and Yuri, so I hope you’ll never spread it around the school.”

 

“It depends,” Dara said, shrugging. After seeing Yoona turning around, she then quickly said, “I’m kidding. Of course, I won’t.”

 

Yoona inhaled deeply. “I always have this fear of rejection. After my mother died, our once happy family disappeared and my father remarried. My father didn’t have time with me as he and his new wife had kids. So I was always on the sideline,” Yoona said, biting down on her lip to stop herself from crying. “Since then, I had been with different guys who had rejected me after a few days of going out with me. Until I met Jiyong… he was the one who bear with me. Even though I cling onto him a lot, he doesn’t complain. I didn’t complain too even when I found out I was just a fling. That was better than being rejected right?” she paused and then continued. “I didn’t know he had a sister – well, a foster sister,” she said, looking at Dara. “When I knew he had one, I observed how much close you were it was unbelievable that you were siblings. Then I found out you had romantic feelings for each other. That was when I started being a… being a…”

 

“A btch?” Dara supplied.

 

Yoona eyed him. “Whatever. Really, I’m sorry.”

 

Dara smiled. “It’s alright. The important thing is that you learned what’s right.”

 

Yoona had a small smile on her lips. “You still owe me for the broken nail and this cut on my lip,” she said, making Dara laugh.

 

“And you owe me for these scratches and bruises I got,” Dara said as the both of them laughed. When the laughter subsided, Dara remembered something. “That thing that Seunghyun-oppa told you, what was it?”

 

Yoona flinched a little but regained her composure. “He said you’re a family of… you know,” she said, remembering that TOP told her not to say the exact word in case people around would hear.

 

The end of Dara’s lips lifted and she shook her head as she couldn’t believe how they could go to that extent just to stop this madness. “Yeah, that’s true. So, we’re people you don’t want to mess with.”

 

Yoona nodded. “Nevertheless, I hope I will find the will to at least befriend you.”

 

“Yeah, I think that’ll take a long time,” Dara said, earning a laughter from Yoona who seemed to agree.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I told you,” TOP said as both he and Jiyong retreated back to the male restroom to continue their work.

 

“I think I don’t have to worry,” Jiyong said, grabbing the mop and started to work. “But, hyung, aren’t you worrying about Dara?”

 

“What now?”

 

“I mean, she did say she’s with her father now, right?” Jiyong said.

 

TOP nodded. “I was shocked at first too. I mean, she never mentioned him since then right? Maybe she did when she told you about her family, but ever since finding Cheondoong, she didn’t mention her desire to see her father either.”

 

“That’s what I’m saying. Whatever it is, I think we need to see her father too.”

 

“Do you think Cheondoong already know about this?”

 

“I’m going to call him later,” he said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong rubbed the back of Dara’s hand with his thumb. He squeezed her hand as he brought it to his lips. It was already past nine in the evening but they were still at the Han River. They kept the comfortable silence between them as Dara scooted closer to feel the warmth she had missed. They were only away from each other for a day but they already missed each other so much.

 

Jiyong kissed her forehead, causing Dara to look up and smile at him. She gave him a quick peck on his lips.

 

“I missed you,” he told her for the nth time that night.

 

“I missed you too,” she said.

 

“Are you going to come home tonight?” he asked, finally seeing the perfect opportunity.

 

Dara pursed her lips. “Jiyong, I’m sorry I can’t.”

 

“Why? Aren’t we well already?”

 

“We are. But, Jiyong, I found Appa. He’s not in good condition and my cousin, Daniel, said that he only had a month left in his life. I want to spend the rest of his days with him.”

 

He nodded. “I thought you’ll never find your father again.”

 

“I thought so too,” Dara said and then she sat up. “Oh my, what if you’ll come home with me? I’ll introduce you to Daniel-oppa and Appa.”

 

Jiyong smiled. “That’s a great idea.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong looked up at the massive house. It was a mansion. As Dara excitedly pulled him towards the house, he was brought back to reality.

 

“I’m here!” Dara announced. A housemaid immediately met them as she got Dara’s bags.

 

“Ah, where is Daniel-oppa? Can you call him for me? I have someone to introduce to him,” she said to the maid, who bowed and left immediately. Dara pulled Jiyong’s hand as they settled on the couch. “It’s great here, right?”

 

Jiyong shrugged. “I don’t know. I don’t feel comfortable here,” he said truthfully. “I feel like the ceilings would give in and I would be squashed under them.”

 

Dara laughed and cupped her hand on Jiyong’s ear. “I have the exact feelings. Our house is so much better.”

 

After a while, the maid came back. “Miss Sandara, Sir Daniel said he’s not feeling well.”

 

“Oh, that’s too bad. But, is Appa already asleep?”

 

“He’s not. You can visit him if you want,” the maid said.

 

“Great! Let’s go, Jiyong,” she said as they went towards the room.

 

When they arrived, the old man was lying on his bed, an IV connected to him and he was wearing an oxygen mask. Dara was speaking rapidly as she explained her father’s illness but Jiyong just didn’t look away from the old man. The old man had this blank look on his face, his eyes focused into space. He seemed like paralyzed or something.

 

“I’ve been taking care of him since this morning, Jiyong. I’m practicing my nursing skills,” Dara proudly said.

 

“That’s good,” Jiyong said as he stared at Dara who was patting a towel on the old man’s dry skin. He frowned, wondering why the old man was too old, looking like almost a grandpa.

 

“Appa, this is Jiyong right here,” Dara said. “He’ll be my future husband,” she whispered to the old man and then giggled after earning a curious look from Jiyong.

 

“What did you say?” Jiyong asked.

 

“Nothing,” Dara said. “Come on, let Appa have his rest. I’ll show you my room.”

 

After a while, Jiyong and Dara were alone in her room. Jiyong looked around at the enormous room which looked bigger than their living room back at home. He sat on the couch as his eyes never left the surroundings. He was only brought back to reality when Dara held his hand.

 

“The room’s huge, right?” Dara asked.

 

Jiyong looked down at her and he nodded. “Too huge, a family can fit in here,” he commented. “Weren’t you scared last night, sleeping alone?”

 

“I was,” she said sheepishly.

 

“Do you want company tonight?” Jiyong asked, his voice husky as his breath was fanning her cheeks.

 

Dara blinked rapidly as Jiyong kept on coming closer to her. She kept backing away until she felt the arm of the couch on her back. Jiyong put his hand on her nape as he let her lay on her back, him on top of her.

 

“Have I told you how much I missed you?” Jiyong asked; his voice low and husky.

 

Involuntarily, Dara’s eyes went to his lips. Her lips parted. Jiyong smiled as he saw this. He slowly bent towards her and let his lips graze her ever so softly. Instinctively, Dara’s hands met his cheeks and then they moved towards his nape, squeezing it as she pulled him into her, urging Jiyong to deepen their kiss.

 

Dara’s whole body heated as she felt Jiyong’s hand brushing against the contour of her body under her shirt. They never left each other’s lips, making passionate smacking sounds with their lips. After what seemed to be a while, they pulled away from each other to breathe. They were gazing at each other’s eyes, talking with their eyes, telling each other how much they missed each other until Jiyong’s gaze went back to her lips as she teasingly bit it gently.

 

Once more, his soft lips were against hers, his hand tangling with her hair. As moments passed, Dara felt butterfly in her tummies, her brain shut down, and only pure ecstasy replaced what she felt a while ago.

 

Jiyong was here with her. Finally, it seemed like nothing would ever stop the love they felt to each other.

 

“I love you, Dara,” Jiyong whispered as he parted from her for a while. He didn’t give her a chance to respond as he once again kissed her lips passionately.