The Good News

My Assassin Oppas

The warm breeze of the afternoon somehow calmed Jiyong. He had his eyes shut but he could hear his surroundings, especially the soft hum from the woman who he was with right now. His hair was being gently by warm hands. Sometimes he grabs one of them and just lets it rest near his heart after kissing it gently.

 

It was fine until something wet dropped on his cheek. He opened his eyes and looked up. The woman to where his head was lying on had her eyes straight towards the field. But he could clearly see the tears that were falling on her cheeks.

 

He sat down and cupped her face. “What’s wrong, Dara? Why were you crying?”

 

Dara saw the drop of tear that was on his cheek and she wiped them off. She then smiled and shook her head. “I’m just thinking of things.”

 

“What things? Are they happy or sad thoughts?” he asked.

 

“Happy thoughts,” she answered. “I’m just thinking back at how much shocked I was when your fangirls did a 360-degree change as they seem to support us after all those cold shoulder they gave us. I’m also thinking back at that night, on how you tried to fight for the two of us.”

 

Jiyong held on to her hands tighter and brought them to his lips to kiss them. “I am going to do anything, everything, for us. Now, don’t cry.”

 

“I’m just overwhelmed. I never expected you would do those kinds of things,” she said. “You were in front of the house, kneeling and begging for their acceptance. You don’t know how worried I was that night.”

 

“I knew,” he said. “You have been telling me that for days now.” he then chuckled humorlessly. “But, really, that night, all I had in mind was not to get out of my spot until they forgive us. I just knew they would accept us.”

 

“Yeah, and that resulted to your fever that day and your headache. Look at how stubborn you were,” she said.

 

“But I know you love this stubborn guy,” he said as he leaned his forehead with hers.

 

She chuckled as she slapped his arm. But what he gave her was a peck on the lips, shocking her and once again, slapping him by his arm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, two pairs of glaring eyes watched them from a far. Her arms were crossed over her chest and it almost seemed like smoke came out of her ears and nose as she saw the two lovebirds dating on the soccer bleachers despite the ongoing classes. He should be mine, she thought.

 

All of her plans failed, if not backfired – unexpected visit to their home, intimidating her in their classroom in front of their classmates, and even the well-thought-out-but-also-failed plan of throwing all the gifts from his admirers and tell everyone that it was Dara who threw it.

 

I guess it’s time, she thought as she walked away from the place, a smirk on her lips.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara went downstairs after changing back to her house clothes. She saw Teddy and Kush were on the couch, watching a TV show. They seemed to have just arrived from somewhere. They looked tired as they were just sprawled on the couch. It was already almost evening but Teddy seemed really tired to even go to the kitchen to prepare their dinner.

 

Dara smiled as she had a plan. After what happened lately, she didn’t get to see the both of them as they were also busy from their missions. TOP, too, hadn’t come back home since. Maybe he was out in his mission too. Jiyong was also out today, after sending her home from school.

 

She tiptoed towards the two who were oblivious. She then went and dropped herself in between them. She linked her arms with his brothers’ and pulled the big guys towards her.

 

“You alright, oppas?” she asked as she stared at the back and forth.

 

Kush and Teddy smiled as they saw the usual smile Dara had. Teddy ruffled her hair as Kush tickled her on her sides.

 

“I can bully you as much as I want,” Kush said, laughing as Dara was already on the floor, helplessly laughing while being tickled. “Jiyong isn’t here for you.”

 

“Kyaaaa! Oppa! Stop it. HAHAHAHAHA!” she laughed. She was able to stand up and ran towards Teddy who was about to go to the kitchen. She went and hid behind him and used him as her shield.

 

“Teddy-oppa, help!” she screamed as Kush still tried to reach her despite Teddy being her shield. “Kyaaaa!”

 

“SSSSSH!” Teddy shushed the two who immediately stiffened on their spots. Teddy was scowling at the two of them and Dara flashed out a peace sign and motioned to zip her lips. “You two are noisy!” he said and stared back and forth from Dara to Kush. He then stared at Kush longer and raised his eyebrows maliciously. Kush seemed to get it and he counted to three before they both started chasing Dara all around the house.

 

Dara screamed as she ran and laugh at the same time, satisfied that the old family atmosphere came back and thankful that the stricter older brothers were able to accept Jiyong and her. She couldn’t have asked for more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara’s class finally ended and this was one of those days when she had to go home alone as Jiyong ditched class for his missions once again. Fortunately, she didn’t have troubles with his evil fangirls anymore as they had seemed to accept the both of them after Jiyong clarified to them that they didn’t share a drop of blood.

 

Casually humming to herself, she stopped on her tracks as a black Ferrari was parking in front of their school. It wouldn’t have attracted much of her attention if it wasn’t for the guy in a black suit who was staring straight at her.

 

She diverted her gaze as she continued to walk. Her heart was pounding fast in her chest as she was already nearing the car.

 

“Miss Sandara Park?” the guy called.

 

Dara flinched. The guy had a creepy deep voice but what scared her more was how he knew her name. Slowly, she turned towards him. She then stared at him questioningly.

 

“You’re Sandara Park right?” he asked.

 

Hesitantly, she nodded, causing the guy to smirk creepily. “H-How do you know my name?” she asked.

 

He reached out his hand. “I am Daniel Armand Lee,” he introduced himself. Dara however refused to shake hands with him so he withdrew his hand. “I have been looking for you. I’m so happy I was able to find you finally.”

 

She furrowed her brows. “Why were you looking for me?”

 

“Your father is my uncle. We’re second-degree cousins,” he said.

 

Dara’s eyes widened upon hearing this. There was an unexplainable chill she felt that ran through her spine but she couldn’t hide the feeling of happiness hearing about her father.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara was sitting comfortably at the couch, her head whipping from left to right as she stared at the high ceilings and the luxurious decors and interior designs that the mansion had. She was getting tingly inside, excited with what the stranger said a while ago. He told her she was going to meet her father again. She never really thought about her father after leaving her and Sanghyun behind. She was angry but once in a while, she misses him, yes. But, sometimes, she didn’t really expect that he was still alive or maybe he had a new family. Although there was anger and the feeling of betrayal, the thought of meeting him again right now was indescribable.

 

After a while, a door on the far right opened. She looked at it, waiting for Daniel to come out. He did, and with an old man on a wheel chair with an IV connected to him.

 

She stood up, couldn’t believe her eyes. Was he her father? With tears in her eyes, she ran towards him and bended down to clearly see his face.

 

His face was covered with wrinkles and his eyes were droopy and tired. He wasn’t looking at her even though she was already in front of him. Although she wasn’t sure if this was her father because she forgot how he looked like, she felt a sense of closeness with him.

 

She looked up at Daniel and said. “Is-Is he my father?”

 

Expressionless, Daniel nodded.

 

The tears finally fell down from her eyes as she held on to her father’s old hand. He looked too old for his age. It was just seven years ago but why did he look like a grandpa? It must be his illness, she thought as Daniel told her a while ago that he was suffering from Cancer for a year now.

 

Right now, she was only sure of one thing – she wanted to make sure that he would be able to spend the rest of his life with her and Cheondoong.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At the back of the car, Dara sat uncomfortably while she kept on calling the same number over and over again. For the nth time, he didn’t answer, spoiling the excitement she was feeling on telling him about the good news. She was already getting annoyed at how he had missed all her calls. She leaned back on her seat and decided to just leave a message.

 

Ji, where are you?  Will you be home late? I have good news to tell you. I’ll wait for you at home,’ she texted and then looked out of the window, sighing and thinking where Jiyong would be. She understood that he might be working but he never missed a call from her, thinking that it might be an emergency for her. ‘Maybe he’s in the middle of a fight or something,’ she thought.

 

Before her thoughts could drift off, though, her phone vibrated, indicating a message.

 

I’m at Han River, near the bridge. Meet me here now.’ it was a text from Jiyong. Dara frowned as she reread the message. Why couldn’t he meet her at home though? And why would he text back? It was so not him. He would usually call if she sends a text. Shrugging, she told the driver to take a detour.

 

She was getting excited. Maybe he prepared a surprise or something? Maybe he wanted them to be alone, though the whole family already accepted them? Nevertheless, bearing the good news, she was looking forward to seeing him after a whole day without him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara stepped out of the car after thanking Daniel’s driver. She bowed politely and waved as the car drove away. She walked by the Han River. At night, there were some couples dating, scattered everywhere. She smiled as she thought she and Jiyong would be one of those couples.

 

As she neared the bridge, she saw Jiyong’s familiar car parking. The headlights were on, reflecting on the river. So he might have just arrived too. As she neared the car, she saw, not one, but two figures of people at the hood of his car. She recognized Jiyong’s figure with his back facing her, and another who he was facing.

 

Her pace slowed as she figured out the other person was hugging him, her arms wrapped around him.

 

As she was a few feet from them, she stopped on her tracks. She saw the other person tilted her head so that she could see her face clearly. The woman peeked with one eye on her and then closed her eyes again.

 

“Yoona…” she whispered before tears fell from her eyes and she turned around and ran towards the main road.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong was caught off guard. Roughly, he pushed Yoona away from him. He wiped the side of his mouth where she kissed him. He scowled at her.

 

“What was that?!” he yelled.

 

Yoona shrugged and crossed her arms over her chest. “I told you I could use some comfort.”

 

“Comfort for what?! I only agreed to see you for a while because you said if I will, you would leave Dara alone. Could you at least not use this as an advantage for you?” he said angrily. He fished his car keys and headed to his car. He rolled down his window and glared at her. “Lay a finger on her and you’re dead. I am someone you don’t want to mess with,” he said before driving away, leaving the angry Yoona.