Cheondoong or Sanghyun?

My Assassin Oppas

Dara pouted as she stared menacingly at the guy in front of her. Just like him, she was wearing a big, black sweater with its hood over her head. She was also wearing a cap. And to think that it was nighttime.

 

Jiyong fixed his cap and then smiled as he pinched her nose. “Much better.”

 

“Do you have to go this far?” Dara asked.

 

Jiyong nodded. Dara was about to open but he cut her off. “Now don’t go on complaining to me. I gave you a ride and even helped you with the dinner for your dear Cheondoong.”

 

Dara hissed. She didn’t really have anything to do. Jiyong seemed so firm.

 

“Oh, yeah,” Jiyong said, getting off his motorbike. “Let me meet this guy.”

 

“Aren’t you going to be late for the meeting?”

 

“My client hadn’t cal—“ Jiyong got cut off when his phone rang. He picked it up from his pocket and saw that it was his client. “Okay then, I’ll come pick you up later. Behave yourself.”

 

Dara watched as Jiyong got on his bike again. Just then, there was a drop of rain from the sky. “It’s raining,” she whispered as she looked up the sky. “Be careful.”

 

“I will. Now go inside. You’ll get drenched,” Jiyong said as he kicked the engine to life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara looked around as she felt conscious. She felt all eyes were on her. Why? Well, because of her clothes, maybe? Hell, yes! It was because of her clothes that Jiyong made her wear.

 

Dara shrugged. At least she feels safe. Her eyes wandered as she looked for one particular waiter. She hugged the bento box near her chest as she slipped in between the crowds of people.

 

She approached the bar where a bartender who looked approachable enough was working. “Excuse me? Is Cheondoong here?”

 

The bartender made a double-take on her as he took in her appearance. Although hesitant, he left his work station for a while and went to look for the wanted guy.

 

After a while, someone appeared in front of her. “Glad to see a strange-looking woman looking for me.”

 

Dara smiled up at him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wow, are you sure these are homemade? These are delicious,” Cheondoong exclaimed. They were currently at the farthest table of the club where only a minimal noise of the crowd and only the soft music could be heard. Fortunately, Cheondoong’s shift was finished so he already changed into casual clothes.

 

Dara chuckled. “You look like you never ate for a year.”

 

Cheondoong straightened up and nodded. “Specifically, I had never eaten homemade food for three years.”

 

Dara widened her eyes in surprise. “You’re kidding right?”

 

“Of course not. Why would I kid about something like this?” he asked.

 

“Why haven’t you eaten homemade food for that long?” she asked, genuinely concerned.

 

“Ah, never mind that. Tell me how you cooked all these.”

 

“I didn’t. Jiyong helped me prepare them. He actually gave me a ride here,” she explained.

 

“Jiyong? Was he the one who saved you a while ago from that gunshot?”

 

“Oh, yeah. Weren’t you hurt? I was originally going to ask you that tonight but I forgot,” she said while chuckling. “I hope you’re fine.”

 

“Ah, neh. I’m fine. I was able to duck immediately after I heard the gunshot. I called for you a while ago because I saw you going to that suspicious man. I should have pulled you away from there instead. But I figured I wouldn’t make it up in time. It was fortunate that your brother arrived just in time.”

 

Dara nodded. “Yeah. It was really fortunate. But I was really worried of you. I thought you were hurt. But Seunghyun-oppa also checked up on you.”

 

He nodded. “So, noona, I wasn’t able to ask you that question I wanted to ask you.” Cheondoong said.

 


“Oh yeah, what was it?”

 

“At the park, when you were treating me and Seunghyun-hyung, he called you Dara. Was it your name?”

 

“Omo, I haven’t introduced myself yet? How rude of me,” Dara said. “Neh, I’m Dara.”

 

“’Dara’ is an uncommon name.”

 

Dara nodded. “Neh. I wonder why I was named like that. Actually, my full name is –“

 

Cheondoong’s phone interrupted her. Cheondoong hissed as he picked up the call. “Excuse me,” he said, hurriedly getting off his seat, knocking his bag that was placed behind him on his seat. But he wasn’t able to pick it up as he was hurrying off.

 

Dara stood up and went to Cheondoong’s fallen things. His bag was open so his items which were inside his bag were also spilled – a pair of glasses, a perfume, a handkerchief, and something else beneath it. A part of it was peeking and upon seeing it, her heart thumped hard on her chest. With shaky hands, she picked up the handkerchief.

 

A little red robot.

 

A sob got caught up in . It was a familiar plastic red robot. She remembered how it was held by her brother while they were inside the cab, while he kept on playing with it, not having the slightest idea that at that day, they would be separated.

 

The robot was missing its left arm, the color seemed faded, and looked old. But she couldn’t be mistaken with it.

 

“S-Sanghyun. . .”

 

“Noona?” a voice came.

 

Dara looked up. Cheondoong was looking down at her, shock apparent on his face. She stood up, bringing with her the red robot.

 

“I-Is this y-yours?” she stammered.

 

Cheondoong looked down at the robot. He met Dara’s eyes and nodded.

 

Dara hastily pulled something from beneath her shirt and something else from her pocket. She showed them to him.

 

Dara need not any words before Cheondoong could understand her. He looked at her again. Mirroring her expression, tears started to fall from his eyes.

 

With how Cheondoong reacted, she knew, and with more tears falling from her eyes, she whispered. “S-Sanghyun,” Dara said, cupping his face. Her thumbs began tracing his eyebrows, then his nose. Then she went on to touching his hair. “Y-You’ve grown so well, Sanghyun-ah,” she said, wiping the tears from his cheeks.

 

“Sandara-noona,” Cheondoong’s shaky voice came. He continued crying. The emotions he felt were mixed up – happiness, longing, surprise. He didn’t miss any second as he wrapped Dara in his arms and embraced her tight to himself.

 

Dara went on the younger guy’s hair and back. She, herself, was crying and she couldn’t take the overwhelming emotions she was feeling. She was indeed happy, having met her brother after a long time of searching for him. There were a lot of questions but those could wait. She wouldn’t waste any more time, feeling her little brother’s presence in her arms.

 

Like a little boy, Cheondoong cried in her arms, trembling. Dara tightened her hug, smiling through the tears. “I missed you, my baby brother,” she said in shaky voice. “I missed you so much.”