The Family is Back!

My Assassin Oppas

 

 

 

The car sped fast, past the drivers who were once driving peacefully only to be disrupted by a fast-driving car. Jiyong, although receiving a lot of curses from drivers he had passed by, never once slowed down. He stepped on the gas to further drive faster, his eyes never leaving forward and his hands never once loosening on the wheel.

 

When he arrived at the airport, he didn’t even care to park it on the right place and didn’t even turn the engine off. He just rushed out, not even caring to close the door behind him. He ran towards the door, past the passengers who gave him an incredulous look. He didn’t even notice them as his eyes were forward after hearing the announcer about the last call for Jeju and in five minutes the gates are to be closed.

 

Jiyong never spared a breath as he rushed towards the people lining up for the scanner. Without hesitation, he pushed the passengers away and passed the scanner. He left the place while the attendants and security guards were screaming for him. He seemed deaf as he let his eyes search for the one girl who made him like this.

 

He went passed the second scanner and was about to arrive at the departure lounge. However, two pairs of arms caught him, stopping him from further running away. He kept on struggling, succeeding a few seconds before more pairs of arms stopped him.

 

“DARA!” he shouted, earning looks from the few passengers who were already walking towards the closing gate. “DARA!”

 

Not seeing Dara anywhere, he let himself to be dragged, already losing his energy as he bent his head and cried.

 

“Dara…” he whispered.

 

“Jiyong?” a panting voice called behind them.

 

Jiyong lifted his head, his eyes wide as saucers as he saw Dara in front of him, trying to catch her breath, with a few security guards trailing behind her.

 

“What are you… doing here?” she asked in between breaths.

 

Seeing Dara, who seemed fine and without a luggage in hand, Jiyong pulled himself away from the arms that were holding him. He walked towards Dara.

 

“Dara…” he whispered, before trapping her into a tight hug, feeling her warmth with him, as more tears fell from his eyes.

 

Dara was still panting but she raised her arms as she hugged him back, seeing how pathetic he looked like as he ran past her when she was about to leave the airport. Fortunately, she was able to see him and even took the initiative by following him even passing by a bunch of strict guards.

 

Jiyong leaned away and cupped her face. “Where were you? Why did you leave me?”

 

There was a small smile on her lips as she answered. “I never left you, never will.”

 

“You scared me!” he shouted and then leaned his forehead with hers.

 

Dara saw the fear and desperation in his eyes. She his back and placed her hand on his nape. “Don’t be. I’m here, will always be here. That’s a promise.”

 

As she said this, he placed his hand on her nape too as he neared their faces until their lips touched and they kissed passionately. Dara felt the tears that kept on falling and she cupped his face while they were still kissing and she wiped the tears away with her thumbs.

 

After a while, they leaned away from each other and he hugged her tighter than last time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They walked inside a nearby small café as Dara found out that Jiyong hadn’t taken his breakfast yet.

 

“Okay, sit here and wait for me. What do you want to eat?”

 

“I’m coming with you,” Jiyong said.

 

Sighing, Dara led the way towards the counter. They waited in line behind a few customers.

 

“What do you want to eat?” Dara asked, as she stared at the line of menus in front of them.

 

However, Jiyong didn’t answer but instead interlaced his fingers with Dara’s. Dara looked down at their interlaced fingers and then looked up at him.

 

“Is there something wrong?” she asked as he shook his head. She pinched his cheek with her free hand. “Don’t worry, I am not going anywhere without you,” she said, tightening her hold on his hand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong didn’t let go of her hand even as they were already seated at the table. Dara didn’t have a choice but to sit beside him instead of across him. And because he didn’t let go, she also fed him as it was only his left hand which was free. Even though Dara protested because she said they were in public and it was embarrassing, she gave in to his request.

 

“Okay, drink carefully,” she said as she led the glass of chocolate milk to his lips. When he finished drinking, she helped him wipe off the smears on his lips. “Full yet?”

 

Jiyong laughed and pinched her nose with his free hand. “You’re even treating me as a baby here. Didn’t you just say it was embarrassing?”

 

“I got used to it,” Dara said, chuckling. “So…” she slurred and stared at him from head to toe. “Is this the new trend? Pajamas and slippers?”

 

Jiyong glared at her as she laughed hard.

 

“The slippers you’re using are even mine. Look. It’s written there… Da. Ra,” she said, looking down at his feet and then looked up at him. “Your hair is even tousled.”

 

He pinched her nose harder this time. “Don’t you have anything to do but tease me?”

 

“Ow!” she complained and slapped him on his arm and then laughed. “What made you think that I was going to leave, you idiot?”

 

“I overheard the hyungs’ conversation this morning. I didn’t realize that they were only talking about Cheondoong leaving to Jeju. Is he going back to his family? Then, how about you?”

 

“Yes, he’s going back to his foster family. He was gone for three years already, looking for me,” she trailed off and continued. “To be honest, Cheondoong told me he was going to bring me to Jeju to his family whether I liked it or not, after finding out that we’re a family of assassins.”

 

Jiyong gasped. “Then, what made him change his mind?”

 

“Well, that…” she trailed off, scratching her nape and looking down at their interlaced fingers. She then looked up at him. She brought her other hand and clasped his in between hers. “Jiyong, tell me… what are we?”

 

Jiyong looked into her eyes, seeing the confusion in her eyes.

 

“I mean, even though you’re an annoying guy, you’ve been caring, sweet, protective, always been there for me, worried for my safety, showing desperation and being pathetic every time I seem to hurt you unintentionally, even showing jealousy at times. I mean, besides being annoying, do you think that those are the characteristics of a mere brother? Do you only see me as a sister?”
 

 

Jiyong brought his hand to cup her face. He then placed a quick peck on her lips and leaned his forehead with hers. “Is that a good enough answer for you?” he asked. Because of the lack of answer, he continued. “I’m sorry I’m confusing you. I’ve always seen you as more than a sister. I’ve seen you as a woman. I care for you. I’m being sweet to you. I’m being overprotective and everything unintentionally. I’m not intending to show my feelings, afraid that you would only reject me. Maybe you’re just seeing me as a brother. I’m afraid to hear your answer.”

 

Jiyong leaned away and sighed.

 

“My feelings just show, even though I don’t intend them to be. I love you, Dara,” he said as he stared at her.

 

Dara smiled at him and his face with her thumb. “I didn’t know my feelings grew each minute being with you. One day, I woke up worried of you, scared that you’ll be away, scared of what my life has to be without you. I was afraid I would die without you. Later on, I realized, I fell in love with you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong and Dara went home, going back to their normal states. They decided not to reveal their feelings to the older brothers yet, unsure of how they were going to accept this kind of thing. They already guessed that Kush and Teddy wouldn’t take this lightly. Although they were hoping for otherwise, they were just making sure.

 

With all of the family members present, they lounged in the living room, with the television on but no one watching.

 

“Really, that was epic. If you have just seen his reaction, Dara, you could have laughed you’re a$s off too,” Kush said and then he stood up. “WHERE THE FCUK IS DARA?!” he tried to imitate.

 

Teddy then stood up. “No! he did it this way,” he said and went to the foot of the stairs, leaning one of his hands on the railing. “WHERE THE GODDAMN FCUK IS DARA?!” he imitated and then seeing this, Kush dropped to his seat to laugh once again, along with Teddy and TOP while Dara just chuckled. Jiyong reached out to him and punched him by his gut.

 

“Wait until I’m fully recovered, hyung! You’re going to regret this,” Jiyong hissed, but unable to chuckle along with their laughter.

 

Although in pain, Kush continued laughing, holding on to his painful gut. “That was truly epic!”

 

“He even went out in his pajamas!” Teddy followed and laughed again, already having tears in his eyes for laughing too much.

 

“HYUNG!” Jiyong shouted, but the hyungs seemed deaf as they just continued laughing. Even Kush was already on the floor, rolling and laughing around.

 

When the laughter subsided, they settled on to their seats. Kush still hadn’t recovered though, and once in a while, through the silence, would just suddenly laugh aloud.

 

“So, Dara, it’s good you’ve seen him at the airport,” TOP said.

 

Dara nodded. “I was on my way out and I saw someone familiar running past me. He didn’t even notice me!” she exclaimed and laughed a little. “It was a sight too, to be honest. The next thing I knew, he was being held by security guards.”

 

“They must have thought he was a madman!” Kush continued and laughed again, earning a kick from Jiyong. “Ow! Why am I the only one tortured here? Even Teddy is messing up with you,” he complained but still kept on laughing.

 

With the laughter inside the house, the usual family atmosphere returned – the atmosphere Dara missed for a few days after being held into hostility by her oppas. She could just be thankful to Sanghyun, who finally gave in to her request.

 

“You, be a good girl, okay?” Cheondoong said.

 

Dara smiled and nodded. She hugged him once and leaned away. “Thank you, Sanghyun, for everything.”

 

Cheondoong ruffled her hair. “Like you said, who am I to dictate your feelings? Just be safe here. I know Jiyong-hyung will protect you with all his life,” he paused as they heard the call for boarding for his flight to Jeju. “In a week or so, I am going to return with my family. You’re going to meet the people who raised me into this grown handsome man.”

 

Dara laughed and slapped him on his arm. “Yeah, whatever. Hurry, the plane might leave you.”

 

Cheondoong hugged his sister once again and kissed her hair. “Take care,” he said before walking away.

 

He turned around before entering. Dara waved and smiled at him. “Take care!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The door to his room slowly swung open. He looked towards the door, sitting up, thinking it was a burglar. Fortunately, Jiyong wasn’t able to sleep yet. Well, he had been up for a few hours already. After a while, a head poked in.

 

“Can I stay the night?” Dara asked.

 

Jiyong chuckled; waving his hand to let her in. He lied on his bed again and patted the space beside him.

 

Dara lied down, with his arm as her pillow. She then wrapped her arm around him and looked up. “I can’t sleep.”

 

“Me neither,” Jiyong whispered. “Are you sure they’re all asleep?”

 

Dara nodded. “I can hear all their snores, even Kush-oppa’s, even though his room is the farthest from mine.”

 

Jiyong laughed. He wrapped his arm on her shoulders and drew soothing patterns on her skin. He sighed then. “This is the most difficult mission I have ever had.”

 

Dara looked up. “What is?”

 

“This,” he just said, looking down on her. “I’ve been thinking of ways on how to tell them about us.”

 

Dara sighed too, also scared on how they were going to react to this. She could only wish they would accept them.

 

After a while, Jiyong felt Dara’s even breathing. As he looked down, he saw her sleeping tightly, her cheek on his chest as he continuously her hair. She swept her hair away that was covering her face and kissed her forehead. “Good night, Dara.”