Finally

Forbidden Love (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yuri silently made his way through the dense forests of the mountain. He had not expected that there would be guards posted at every entrance of the village so he had to use the forest plants for cover. Walking through either of the entrances knowing that he was supposed to be guarding the Jung family mansion would immediately alert whoever was in charge of his presence and in turn, notify Siwon. Like a shadow in the night, he got into the village without alerting even a single villager but that was not the least of his worries. As Yuri reached his friend’s house, more guards were waiting for him, just as he predicted. The young man thought of a strategy and the simplest one he could think of turned out to be the perfect plan. Animal gathered into a ball and wrapped in paper was his distraction. He threw it towards the men on guard, splattering it all over their faces. The horrid stench drove them away and Yuri took the chance to run quickly and get inside the house unnoticed.

 

“Now, what was Taeyeon looking for again?” After a little retracing, he remembered what he was there for. Yuri searched every nook and cranny of the almost demolished house and found his quarry under one of the floor boards where the altar formerly stood. “There! Good grief! Hard to believe that midget took so much trouble hiding this measly sword.” While examining the weapon, Yuri saw something else in the compartment. “Portraits? This must be his parents. Taeyeon would probably want these back too.” After stuffing everything in his sack, Yuri sneaked out of the house, but someone was waiting for him. Someone he expected to be at the other end of the country.

 

“Yuri? I thought I assigned you to look after Jung-seonsaengnim’s family?” Siwon was back from his travels, successfully coercing the feudal lord of the southern country into his corrupt cause. “And where are the guards posted here? I made sure that no one was to leave this house unguarded.” Yuri panicked and almost lost his cool. Luckily, he remembered that he was granted permission to leave by Lord Jung today.

 

“I needed a little time off to relax, Siwon. Do not worry, I have Lord Jung’s full permission as long as I come back within the day.” His superior pondered for a bit but he accepted the reasonable explanation. “And those guards here? They are probably slacking off because when I came here, there was no one in sight. I think you should teach them a lesson or two. We do not want to risk having slackers in our ranks.”

 

“True. I will definitely give them a talk when they return.” Yuri sighed in relief, thinking that he was off the hook, but the older Dragon ninja would want news from his fellow clan member. “How goes life with the Jung family? I hear that their only daughter, Sooyeon, has quite the attitude.”

 

“She does, and quite frankly, it is the sole reason why I do not like my assignment there.” The young man suddenly remembered the way Sooyeon acted towards him the past day. He felt sorry for her, not out of pity, but out of care. These feelings have been bothering him since then. “But a Dragon ninja always puts his duty first, meaning I honestly have no choice.”

 

“Just like a true member of the Dragon clan. I expect nothing less from you as you are head of the hunter sect.” The young man despised how Siwon acted all high, just like he was the clan leader. He so wanted to remove the older man’s tainted hand from his shoulder but he had to keep his cover up. “By the way, what news do you have of that traitor, Taeyeon?”

 

“I have nothing, so far. It is either he has hidden himself so well that even the best tracker would not be able to find him, or he died after that great fall.” Yuri saw the smug look on Siwon’s face which could only mean that he knew something else.

 

“Heh. Do not underestimate that man’s uncanny ability to get out of even the smallest hole. He is not dead and I swear to the Gods that when I find him, I will personally end him.” Siwon left without another word, but he was followed by the piercing stare of the young man left behind.

 

“You and your lackies will get what you truly deserve soon, you bastard. Soon, Siwon. Soon”

 

Taeyeon and Yuri met in a small alley by the eastern side of the village and the bestfriends talked about what they should do next. Their main objective was to overthrow Siwon and show his true colors. The odds were against them. No two warriors, even those coming from the Dragon clan cannot defeat an entire battalion of soldiers from all around the country. Their only hope was to gather brothers and sisters who despise and would gladly go against Siwon’s rule. Taeyeon knew just who to find and planned accordingly. First, Choi Sooyoung. A relative of Siwon’s but knows what his family member is really up to. Second, Lee Soonkyu. The most talented kunoichi in the Dragon clan who was banished by none other than Siwon for going against him. Finally, Seo Joohyun. The former head of the fighter sect, known for his great prowess in the frontlines and left the clan in exile when Siwon took charge.

 

“Now, Yuri. I want you to listen to me very carefully, brother.” Taeyeon requested his friend to give his utmost attention. “These three people are the only ones who can help us get Siwon away from his power. All we have to do is find them.” He brought out a large map from his knapsack and placed markers on certain spots. “I have asked around the village and these are where people have last seen them. The way the villagers described what they saw fit perfectly on their background.”

 

“Good. Atleast we know where to start looking. But Taeyeon, how do expect these three to go with us easily? They probably know that you have been branded as a traitor and will definitely see of it is true, brother.” Taeyeon pondered on what Yuri said. It is true that they would want to know the truth and by that, fighting is inevitable. “I guess there is no other choice, is there?” Yuri saw how his friend shook his head and got his answer. “Well, we better get a move on while we have the chance.”

 

“No, not now. It is too early and from what my gut is telling me, that bastard has also sent out hunters to dispatch them.” Yet another odd has gone against them. Yuri felt hopeless but he was cheered on by his bestfriend. “Do not fret, my friend. We shall start looking after the festival and by that time Siwon’s men would have returned and received the lashing they deserve.”

 

“You are right. Sometimes I do not understand why I think too much on the simplest problems.” Taeyeon gave Yuri a playful knock on the head as the two went to join the parade. “Ah, de. I almost forgot. Here.” The younger man searched his bag for three particular items and handed them to his clan brother. “And you were right. Your house was a complete

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter