Sweet Beginnings

Forbidden Love (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The warm spring sun shined it’s rays on two people lying on the bed, still deep in their slumber. The cool morning breeze blew through the small window and woke one of the sleeping people. Taeyeon fluttered his eyes open and a bright smile formed on his lips at the first thing they saw. The calm and beautiful face of the young girl he loves greeted him and reminded him that she was finally his. The feeling of how Miyoung enveloped her arms around his waist was one of the best proofs he had. Taeyeon tucked the stray strands of the girl’s brown hair behind her ear to have a better view of her beauty. Miyoung felt the familiar touch of soft hands. The soft hands of the man she had always loved from the sidelines until yesterday night. The night when she heard the words she longed to hear. She leaned closer to Taeyeon’s hand and smiled as she opened her eyes. Miyoung saw those very onyx orbs that captured her heart ever since she laid her eyes upon them. She snuggled closer to the young man and he embraced her tight.

 

“Good morning, my beautiful Miyoung-ah~.” Taeyeon kissed his love’s forehead and enjoyed the sweet scent of strawberries her hair always had.

 

“Good morning, my handsome Taetae~.” He was surprised at what she called him. Miyoung had always wanted to call him that and finally received the chance to do so. She tucked her head in his chest and kissed it.

 

“Ahem, ahem~!” The two lovers heard a woman’s voice coming from the door and looked to see who it was. Miyoung’s mother was leaning on the doorway, her arms crossed in front of her. The stern face she had was soon replaced with one filled with joy as she moved closer to sit on the bed.

 

“Umma, I can explain—.” Miyoung wanted to explain but her mother quickly hugged her daughter as she got up. The girl was shocked but as she realized that her mother accepted what she and Taeyeon were, she hugged her back. “Gomawo, umma~. Chincha gomawoyo~.”

 

The middle-aged woman turned her attention to the young man who was sitting beside her daughter. Taeyeon did not know what to say to her and kept his head bowed low. He felt a hand tap his shoulder lightly and when he looked up, a warm smile coming from the girl’s mother greeted him. Miyoung’s mother was more than happy to accept the young man as her daughter’s other half. She saw how much her only child wanted to be with Taeyeon and would always push her to tell him how she felt. To tell him how much she loved him. The young man bowed respectfully, relieved to know that his beloved’s mother gave him full permission and approval to her daughter’s hand. He received the mother’s full trust, giving all of her faith that he would not do anything to hurt Miyoung. The three people happily sat in the kitchen and ate. Miyoung left the table first to check on the crops. Taeyeon needed to go to the village to meet with Yuri and prepared to leave after eating.

 

“Omoni, please tell Miyoung that I will be heading to the village. I have something to check on and I will not be long.” He closed his knapsack and hung it over his shoulder before making his way towards the door.

 

“Ah, geuraeyo? Jamkkanman, Taeng-ah.” The woman walked towards him carrying a small purse filled with coins. “You should take some money in case you get hungry while you are there.” Taeyeon happily and respectfully declined.

 

“Ani, omoni. I have some of my own coin. You should save this for when you and Miyoung need it the most. I will not be long and will probably be back before noon.” She nodded and patted the polite young man on the head before bidding goodbye. Just when Taeyeon opened the door, a pair of arms held him by the waist. “Mwu-yah?”

 

“Did you really think I would let you leave without even telling me~?” He heard that sweet and husky voice that always made him feel giddy. Miyoung was looking up to her namchin, her eyebrows knitted together and her lips pouting. “Why do you always have to go to the village alone~? And why do you have to go without telling me~? Do you not want me to be with you~?”

 

“Aigoo, Miyoung-ah~.” Taeyeon turned around to hug his yeochin and planted a small and sweet kiss on her lips. “Did I ever say I did not want to be with you~?” Miyoung kept on pouting but deep inside she felt happy from the sweet words. Dozens of butterflies were fluttering in her stomach and it made her hug the young man tighter. “I would do anything and give up everything just to be with you all the time, but I have to go for now~.”

 

“It still does not answer why you have to leave without telling me~.” Taeyeon could feel himself crumbling from the pout and puppy dog eyes Miyoung was giving him. “Are you getting tired of seeing me everyday~?”

 

“How can I get tired of seeing you when doing so is my most favorite thing in this world~?” He saw her eyes twinkle as they turned into those moon-shaped crescents. That eye smile he always loved was beaming at him. “Wait for me, my love~. I will not take long, arasso~?”

 

“Arasso~. Bring me back something from the village and take care, Taetae~.” Miyoung felt Taeyeon’s hand caress her cheek and saw that charming smile that made her fall for him. “Come back safely~. Saranghae~.”

 

“I will~. Saranghae, Miyoung-ah~.” He kissed her deeply before saying goodbye and going on his way.

 

Taeyeon decided to meet Yuri a little earlier to further plan on how they were to find and convince their clan members into their cause. Upon arriving at the village entrance, he saw more than double of the usual Dragon clan ninjas posted and well-hidden among the trees. He did not want to harm a single one of his brothers but upon seeing the yellow colored band tied to their arms, all the hesitation disappeared as he knew they were Siwon’s underlings. The young man took out his blade from the large bag and a scarf to hide his identity. He moved swiftly and silently, going to every spot where there was a guard and slit his throat cleanly. One by one, Siwon’s men fell without even the slightest sound of their demise. As he was about to finish the ninja in command, his adversary proved to be more of a challenge than his fallen comrades.

 

“You killed all of my men. Only a warrior from one of the Nine clans could do such an act. Who in the hell are you?!” Taeyeon kept silent and continued to battle. Daggers were thrown, swords collided and the sound of flesh meeting bone quietly echoed throughout the forest. The young man clearly had the upper hand thanks to his abilities and training. “RRRRAAAAAAAAHHHHH!” The man charged at him, but was blindsided and with one quick of his blade, Taeyeon finished his opponent. “You—*cough!*” He heaved his last breath and fell to the ground.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter