Raindrops

Forbidden Love (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Miyoung sat comfortably on the steps by the back porch and watched as the man she loved the most did his daily routine stretching and exercise. This was not the first time she would see the young man with only the bottom part of his clothing on but she would tend to blush everytime she saw him baring his chiseled torso. Taeyeon noticed the girl eyeing him again and decided to a little bit. He got up into a handstand and slowly trotted all the way to her, still in an apparent daze. She did not notice him coming closer and when she realized that the young man was already sitting in front of her, she felt a light peck on her lips. Miyoung blinked her eyes several times, feeling those butterflies in her stomach again. Before she could comprehend what had just happened, another light peck landed on her lips. And then another one came. And another, until the young man in front of her managed to smother her lips full of small and sweet kisses. Taeyeon gave his yeochin a very long kiss and hugged her by the waist, lifting her as they spun in the middle of the green grass. The girl held tight on her love’s back, giggling and squealing as they continued to spin around. The young man eventually lost his balance and fell on the ground, shielding his beloved from harm and letting her lay on top of him. They both stared at eachother affectionately.

 

“Stop looking at me like that, Taeng-ah~. You are making me feel weird~.” Miyoung hid her flushed face behind her hands, the deep stare the young man had on her made her feel shy. Taeyeon slowly pulled her hands away and put them on his chest. She could feel the slow and steady beat of his heart and swore that hers beat in the same rhythm. “Why is it that everytime you look at me, you manage to make me feel so special~?”

 

“You are special, Miyoung-ah~. Without you, my life would be darker than the night~. Just by looking at you, my day becomes brighter~.” Her heart skipped a beat as she listened to the young man’s sweet words. “And everytime you smile, it makes my heart beat a thousand times faster~.”

 

“Aigoo~! Here you go again with your sweet-talking~! Hajima, Taetae~!” True enough, that same smile that Taeyeon loved seeing was plastered on the girl’s face. “You are going to make me turn into jelly if you keep on doing that~.” She pinched her namchin’s nose lightly and pecked it. Miyoung laid her head down on his chest and closed her eyes, feeling the warmth that her lover gave. “I feel the same way too, Taetae~. I have never been so happy~.”

 

“Hmm.” Taeyeon looked into the sky and remembered the day he asked the girl to be his. Ever since that day, the life of loneliness he had was replaced by something full of happiness. “Miyoung-ah~?” She rested her chin on top of her hands and looked at him. “Do you think we can leave your umma for a while~? It has been a while since we spent some time alone~.”

 

“But are we not spending some time alone right now, Taetae~? Umma is inside and we are here at the back with no one disturbing us~. Jamkkanman, do not tell me­—?” Miyoung eyed her namchin closely and gasped when she saw him smile sheepishly. “Ouh~! Byuntae~! My Taetae is such a byuntae~!” The girl slapped the young man a few times on his shoulder and backed away from him. “If I had known that you were like this, I would never have said ‘yes~!’”

 

“Mwo?! What are you talking about, Miyoung-ah? How did I become a ‘byuntae?’ I was just thinking that we should go to the village and spend some time together~.” Taeyeon sat up, obviously confused at the sudden outburst of the girl standing in front of him. “Yah, were you thinking about me taking you away and—?” The young man’s eyes went wide when realized what his yeochin was talking about. “Yah, jamkkanman! Where are you going?”

 

“Far away from you, you byuntae! Aigoo~! How I ended up getting together with a person like you, I will never know!” Miyoung quickly ran back inside the house with those particular thoughts still lingering in her mind. She had not even reached the first step when a hand caught her by the wrist. “Yah! Let me go, Kim Taeng! I do not want to go anywhere with you or be near you, for that ma—Mmph!”

 

“Will you quiet down and listen to me for one second? Ah, chincha~. I barely said anything and this girl suddenly thinks that I was going to do ‘that’ to her? Jeongmal-iya~.” The young man covered the girl’s mouth and mumbled out in disbelief. It was easily understandable that such thoughts would come to mind, which is very normal for people their age. But the thing that baffled Taeyeon was that Miyoung actually accused him of being such a dirty-minded person. “Algesseumnida. If you do not want to go anywhere with me or be near me, fine. I will go by myself. Honestly, you only want to spend time with her and she thinks you are going to do something bad. Mwu-yah?”

 

Taeyeon went back inside the house, mumbling out his frustration and left the girl, dumbfounded and frozen where she stood. After a while, Miyoung went in as well and went to check on the young man, only to meet him outside of his room, his knapsack hanging over his shoulder and going towards the kitchen. He walked straight, pretending to not notice the girl and asked permission to go to the village from the girl’s mother. Miyoung’s mother was shocked that he just came out of nowhere to ask permission and nodded without even knowing the reason why the young man was leaving. She looked at her daughter, silently asking her what happened to him but the girl also did not know what was wrong. It took a while, but the mother understood why Taeyeon left with a very sour face and gloomy aura surrounding him. The young lovers had just gone through their first argument. Though it was not something serious, she knew that the two of them should still talk it out. She told her daughter to run after him and Miyoung did so without any second thoughts, having finally taken in what just happened between her and her namchin. She ran out of the house and saw the young man already halfway towards the village. The girl chased after him but she did not notice the small rock on the road and tripped, scraping her knee. Miyoung felt stinging pain coming from her leg and began to tear up when she saw the blood. Taeyeon heard sobbing coming from behind and when he turned around to look who it was, he hurriedly went to the girl.

 

“Miyoung-ah? Miyoung-ah? Gwaenchana?” Miyoung recognized the voice and immediately wrapped her arms around her namchin. The young man cupped the girl’s face and wiped her tears away. He saw blood on the girl’s hand and it made him worry. Taeyeon quickly checked for any injuries on his yeochin and saw the rather large abrasion on her knee. “Yah, you should have called out to me. De, let me take a look at it.”

 

“Andwae. Do not touch it. Chincha ahpa-yo.” The girl protested on letting him look at her wound, but Taeyeon knew that of he did clean and dress it, it would get worse than it already is. He took out some medicinal plants from his knapsack and grinded them on some nearby stones. Miyoung tried holding off his hands when he was about to apply the ointment as her tolerance for pain was quite low. “Andwae, Taetae~. It is going to hurt~. Please, do not put anything on it~”

 

“It will hurt even more if I do not put this on. Now hold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter