Closer

Forbidden Love (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon took a little longer getting back to the farm. Yuri was right as there were Dragon clan ninjas on guard at the main entrance of the village. It was a good thing his bestfriend told him earlier when they caught up with eachother. The young man took the road where his friend directed him at but there were also some of his clan members stationed there. Taeyeon had no choice and hitched a ride with one of the cattle feed carts. He hid in the thick feed piles on the cart and slipped by the ninjas. He waited until he was about halfway through the road home before he got off the cart. It was already dark and after making sure he was not followed, Taeyeon continued on his way. He arrived and saw Miyoung’s mother trying to feed her still sick daughter, but the girl did not have enough strength to even sit up. Taeyeon could not help but be worried.

 

“Omoni, go and get some rest. I will look after her for now.” The woman smiled and nodded before leaving her daughter in the care of the young man. Taeyeon touched Miyoung’s forehead and felt her temperature. “Your fever has gotten higher. Wait here, I will prepare some of the medicine for you.” He stood to go to the kitchen but a hand held on to his wrist before he could take a step.

 

“Wait, do not leave.” Miyoung’s voice was hoarse due to her constant coughing and sore throat. Taeyeon sat beside the bed and held the girl’s hand. “Do not go. Stay here with me for a while.” He nodded and granted her request. “I did not see you leave today. Umma said you went to the village to buy something. What was it?”

 

“De, I did. You have been so sick these past few days and I thought of buying medicine for you.” Taeyeon pointed to where the small box of herbs was. Miyoung was touched on how much he cared about her. She let out a few hard coughs which prompted the young man to come near her. “Your cough has gotten worse as well and you have not eaten in quite a long time.” He caressed the girl’s cheek. The girl smiled and leaned into his touch, feeling the softness of his hand.

 

“I will be all right. I am quite the strong girl, if you have noticed.” She still had her same cheery disposition even though she was ill. “How about you? Have you eaten anything since you left?” Taeyeon nodded and was surprised that Miyoung was worried about him even though she was the one in bed. The girl was shivering even though she was wrapped in the thick blanket.

 

“Wait here. I will go and make something hot for you.” Miyoung grabbed hold of his wrist again but Taeyeon insisted that she stay on the bed. “Do not worry. I will not take long.” She nodded and the young man went to the kitchen.

 

Taeyeon prepared a simple porridge for Miyoung. She could not taste anything due to the cold that accompanied her fever so he thought porridge would be best. He also took some of the herbs from the box and boiled them to make tea. Taeyeon could hear Miyoung’s painful coughing and got more worried about the girl’s condition. He quickly finished preparing the food and the tea and went back to Miyoung’s side. Since the girl was too weak to get up, Taeyeon helped her sit up and placed the cup of tea in front of her lips.

 

“Here, drink this.” Miyoung shook her head and backed away due to the tea’s unpleasant scent. “I know it does not smell very nice but it will help you get better. Drink it? Please?” She could not say ‘no’ to the young man, especially while doing that cute pout. Miyoung held her breath and drank some of the tea but her face scrunched up as the taste was as horrible as the smell. “Hmm, looks like you do not like it’s taste. I guess the herbs are too strong even though you have that cold. I will make it sweeter next time.” She smiled on how he looked after her.

 

“Thank you, Taeng. But you do not have to do all of this.” Taeyeon only smiled and shook his head, telling her it was fine. “I do not want you to get exhausted because of me. I will get better soon. You do not have to do this.” The young man chuckled at the girl’s persistence. He pinched her nose lightly and went back to the kitchen. “What are you going to do now?”

 

“Just stay there. I made porridge for you and you have to eat it. You are probably feeling hungry right now.” Miyoung felt guilty that her current condition made Taeyeon work hard but she was at the same time happy on how he sincerely tended to her.

 

“That porridge better be good. I cannot smell anything from afar due to this irritating cold.” Taeyeon chuckled at Miyoung’s little demand. He came back with a bowl of the thick porridge and prepared to feed the girl. “Aish, I forgot I cannot taste anything as well, but it does look pretty tasty.” She sat up with a bit of help from the young man.

 

“You will know when you eat it.” He placed the spoon in front of Miyoung’s face. “Say ‘ahh~.’” The girl hesitated at first as she expected she would not be able to taste the porridge but she opened and ate it anyway. “How does it taste? Oh, right. Pabo Taeng.” He chuckled at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter