Runaway

Mine To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the meantime...

“Did you find him?” the man in the swivel chair asked. His voice was low and dry, as if he was exhausted.

 

“I'm sorry sir, but we've searched everywhere.” The head bodyguard lowered his head and waited for a usual booming voice to fill the room. But instead the same desperate tone replied with an urgent order.

 

“I won't accept any excuses. I want him, now!”

 

Sensing the urgency of the master, the guy had no choice but to obey. He had to find him... as soon as possible. He would gather all men at his disposal if necessary.

 

Inside the car...

 

As we pass through the different chains of stores, boutiques and bazaars, I notice that the streets are more crowded than usual. People are bustling around the sidewalks, walking to their own destinations for today. I envy them for they seem so sure to where they are going. I silently wonder when am I going to be like them; with a goal set in mind, and a heart that will hold back nothing.

 

When will I have the courage to face the unknown tomorrow? When will I live like every moment counts? Because I know that every time, at the end of every day, there will only be ME. No one else, no warm hugs, no questions about how's my day and all--- nothing. When can I learn to smile again and just be... just be happy?

 

When will I really live? When I have nothing to live for?

Then I saw something, a familiar sign which took me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter