Eudaimonia... the closest place to my heart

Mine To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I 'm on my way to Eudaimonia. It's an hour drive to the northwest side from our school. It is not a surprise that our city was once called “Lake Town”, for lake abundance is high --- an unusual mark for any country. The school I'm currently in, Lakeside University, is built alongside Lake Cairdeas. Our house was also assembled overlooking Lake Gaire.

But Eudaimonia is different. It is a hidden lake which I discovered when I was still a kid. You see, I belong to a powerful family, so influential that we need to be protected. We own a company called Frame, a large family-owned corporation in the construction and real estate business. It has grown since my grandfather established. Later, my father, his only son, was the one who continued the legacy and grasped his lifelong dream, to be in the international level. Today, the company is in its summit of success, thanks to my late dad.

But there are lots of people who thirst for supremacy. I was kidnapped when I was 8, but I managed to escape and ran into the lake. It was my blessed sanctuary for 10 hours. The abductors didn't find me but they too, was never found. I didn't tell anyone where I hid that night. I was afraid that if I would, I will lose a place, a place that could only belong to me.

As I arrive at the roadway to the forest, I made sure that the tires of the car would not leave any tracks. Then later on, I finally arrived. I parked on my usual spot beside the oak tree. As I got off, I brought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter