Ride of my life...

Mine To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was in my car, ready for any unexpected undertakings. Hmmm... which way? I asked myself.

 

I noticed that the house was closer to the right, so I headed that way. The path led deeper into the forest, but I didn't feel afraid. I was nervous, but I could feel the excitement pulsing through my veins. My nerves seem to be jumpy as I take on with the adventure.

I cut the engine near a long pathway of a woodland garden. I call it a garden because there's no way wild tulips grow abundantly in a certain area without any green thumb caring for it. It was like they were planted to greet expected guests.

 

I left the car, since that was my only choice left. But I brought the keys, my bag and basket, then went for a hike.

 

The view was spectacular. I crossed on a wooden corduroy path that winds through tulips, irises, blue poppies, shrubs and gigantic trees. The scenery was just amazing and the lighting wasn't bad either, so I took a couple of pictures as I stroll towards the unknown.

A good 15 minutes later, I arrived on what I earlier thought to be--- a house. (If that's what you call an enormous structure.) Anyways, I didn't let the size of it intimidate me.

 

I went to the main door and knocked, just as my heart was starting to hammer in my chest. I waited, out of politeness, for someone to answer. But still, no one came to open. There's no doorbell, and the house is huge, so how could someone hear me? I turned the knob and to my surprise, the door clicked open. Sheesh.... what a waste of time.

 

“Hello, is anyone in?” I asked, as I gently--- and silently pushed the door open.

 

The view unfolded what lies ahead. I was elated by the beauty of what I saw. Of course, since my family's line of work was on real estates and buildings, architectural beauty was what I grew up in. I was accust

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter