Stares

Learn To Fall

"What are you looking for?" Sunhwa's friend, Chorong, yells at the girl peeking inside a senior classroom.

Sunhwa ignores her and continues to search the rooms for that familiar face that has been helping her for the past week.

Chorong heaves a sigh as she pulls on her friend's collar from behind, "Hey, you've been acting really weird."

"I just need to find someone..." Sunhwa pouts in defeat. Maybe Changmin was lying to her. Maybe he didn't really go to Joseon High with her or... "Maybe he's a dongsaeng!" she picks up and tries to get out of Chorong's grasp but it was no use.

"He? Who? Who's he?" Chorong curiously asks and lets go of Sunhwa's collar, causing the latter to fall flat on her face.

"Chorong-ah..." Sunhwa groans and gets up on her knees. Chorong helps her up and asks, "all this craziness, for a boy? How can you not tell me about this?"

"I don't want anyone to know." Sunhwa replies, dusting her skirt.

The bell rings and the girl has never wished for the best timing.

 

Class ends that day and Sunhwa immediately heads home rather than hang with her friends at the nearby cafe.

"Sorry I can't, I have to study-" she excuses before entering the car.

 

She arrives at her house and "Changmin's already in the study", her mother tells her. 

Sunhwa fixes her hair and gathers her things then proceeds to the study room.

"Hey~" she greets and he acknowledges her presence. They sit across each other like they usually do.

She brings out her list of homework and he helps her through it. 

"This might not mean what the writer literally wrote, if you were in the character's-  will you put the mirror down?" Changmin stops his explanation as he stares at Sunhwa who was busy checking her pores out in the mirror.

Sunhwa ignores him.

"Sunhwa-sshi..." he groans, "Am I boring you with my discussion?"

The girl finally turns to him for a moment but resumes looking at the mirror, " Wh-what? N-no, of course not! I can concentrate better while looking at the mirror~" she says.

"But you have to listen..." he sighs grabing the mirror from the girls hand, "or would you rather just read it on your own?"

The girl pouts and a slight smile fell on Changmin's lips. He brushes it off and continues his explanation.

A few minutes into the essay Sunhwa was writing, Changmin notices that she keeps glancing at him.

"Sunhwa-sshi, stop staring at me and finish your essay." Changmin nonchalantly says as he continues on reading his textbook. The girl he addressed immediately looks back down on her paper then starts scribbling.

"Whatever's bothering you... ask away." he answers the silent question in the air. Sunhwa immediately drops her pen and gives her full attention to Changmin.

"I-I... can I have my mirror back? Just for a while, real quick..." she says in a small voice and Changmin laughs while handing the mirror over to the girl.

Sunhwa immediately raises the mirror and wipes the tip of her nose.

He rolls her eyes and lets out a chuckle. Girls are all the same, he thinks, putting face over brains.

She side glances at him and states, "I'm done with the essay, by the way."

Changmin takes the paper and read through it, "Quite good, congratulations."

"I learned from the best" Sunhwa replies, attention still in the mirror.

The boy puts the paper down and gathers his things, "We're done for today, I'm glad to see you improving Sunhwa-sshi, see you next week."
 
Sunhwa stands up and follows him out the door, "Thank you, Oppa~" she says.
 
 
Changmin gets home and collapses on the sofa.
 
"How was your tutor session?" Yunho calls out from the kitchen.
 
The younger man turns around and lies on his back, "It was okay. Wait... where are you?! Are you cooking???" He sits up and turns to the kitchen.
 
"Nope... I went to the grocery a while ago, just putting things away." the older guy chuckles as he puts the last pack of ramen on the top shelf.
 
Changmin lies back down and sighs. Yunho sits on the edge of the couch and looks down at his younger brother, "So, how's the girl?"
 
"Very pretty, nice skin, she's quite vain though, but very-" "I was talking about the studying." "oh."
 
The melodic laugh of Yunho resounds in their small apartment as Changmin turns his back on him and hides his head under a pillow, "Hyung shut up!"
 
"What is this? Is my dongsaeng-" a pillow hits Yunho's face interrupting his sentence.
 

 

 


 

 

Chapter 2^^

Thank you to my 3 subscribers!

piratess, luv4jj and DBSKxSECRET_lover_39