Play... date?

Learn To Fall

Changmin stands at the gate of Sunhwa's house. Waiting for anyone to open up.

He waits for a few minutes then rings the doorbell again.

Sunhwa's mom, Sooyeon, steps out of the door, her hair a bit of a mess and her jacket falling off her shoulders.

"Eomoni, are you alright?" Changmin asks.

Sooyeon hurries to the gate and opens it, "Ah, yes I'm fine. Changmin-ah, I don't think you'd be needing those today." she points at the books he's holding.

The boy raises an eyebrow at her, "Should I go?"

"No! No... I meant, there's a situation right now and we're in a hurry. It will be really helpful if you could just help Sunhwa in there for a while. We'll be back soon." Sooyeon explains while ushering Changmin to the door.

The door opens and an older man pats Changmin's head, "Don't let them break anything."

The couple speeds away in their car and Changmin enters the house, "Sunhwa... what were your parents-"

Their usually clean and organized home had toys scattered on the floor and there were 4 kids running around.

"YAAHHH! Get back here!" Sunhwa screams as she ran after them. She stops for a breath and turns to the door, "Oppa!" she waves and runs to him. 

"Thank God you're here! I can't handle 4 kids..." she pouts at him.

Changmin looks around and the kids were now settled in front of the TV suddenly interested with the toys placed on the coffee table.

"I'm not very good with kids either." he sighs. "Why are they here anyway?"

Sunhwa turns to the children, "well... these are Jiyeon and Jooyeon, their mom, who just happen to be our neighbor, is giving birth. Their parents left them here." she says as she points to the girls.

"And the two boys,  are my mom's friend's sons, Leo and Yongjae, she had to bring her eldest son to an academic competition but her husband is out of town so... yeah." she continues to explain as she watches over the kids.

"NOONA I'M HUNGRY!!! I want cookies!!!" screamed one of the kids named Leo.

One little girl nods and squeaks a, "me too!"

Sunhwa looks helplessly at Changmin, "What do we do?"

"Well... do you have ingredients for that?" Changmin questions.

Sunhwa heads towards the kitchen while saying, "I'll check. Could you just watch them for a while?" 

Changmin nods leans on the wall.

A little girl pulls on his shirt and gestures for him to go near her. He squats and the little girl, Jiyeon, gives him a quick kiss before running away.

A laugh emits from the boy as he stands back up.

"Oppa... We have it." Sunhwa calls out from the kitchen.

Changmin goes closer to the kids, "Hey. You want to make cookies?" he asks.

The kids nod in unison and their faces light up.

"Come with me." he tells them and lead them to the kitchen. Jiyeon pulls on his hand and holds on to it. He looks down and smiles at her. Her face turns bright pink and she looks away from him.

"You want them to make cookies?" Sunhwa asks.

Changmin shrugs his shoulders, "Hyung does it when his friend's kid is at home. They both don't do the job well but at least it keeps them occupied for a while."

The girl just nods and puts the needed equipment on the table. As soon as she's laid all the things on the table she instructs them on what to do. 

"O-oppa... help please"

Changmin looks at Jooyeon who's having trouble reaching something on the table. He picks her up and places her on the chair.

Suddenly a piece of dough flies across the table and on to Jooyeon's hair. The little girl turns her attention to wear the dough came from and sees her sister sticking her tongue out.

Jooyeon grabs a piece of dough and throws it at Jiyeon before Changmin could stop her.

"FOOD FIGHT!" Yongjae yells and starts throwing the dough at everyone. Leo, Jiyeon and Jooyeon follow suit.

"YAH! YAAAAAAHHHH!!!" Sunhwa calls their attention but  nobody's listening to her.

Changmin grabs the bowls away from the children to stop them but they just found other things to throw.

Icing. Syrups.

"Yaahhhh! Stop!" Sunhwa screams and she wraps her arms around the two boys, pulling them off the chairs and on to the floor. They run away and she chases them. 

The girls stop throwing things and start tasting the things on their fingers.

Changmin carries both of them and bring them to the bathroom.

"Wash your hands." he orders but the girls run out instead.

The young man sighs. This wasn't what he was paid to do. 1 week worth of tutoring doesn't compensate to one day with unruly kids.

"Oppa!!!" he hears Sunhwa scream and he runs to the living room. He sees Leo and Yongjae pulling on Sunhwa's hair.

Changmin quickly holds both boys' wrists, "Hey! HEY! YAH! Stop that."

His action caused the boys to come after him instead. They start kicking and punching him but they don't really get to reach him.

The two boys cross their arms and pout.

Leo gives Changmin a glare.

Sunhwa sighs and stands up, "C'mon girls lets get you cleaned up. Oppa could you... the boys... thanks." she grabs the girls hands and ushers them upstairs, "oh their things are in that duffel bag behind the couch."

---

"Well... at least they're not fussing anymore." Sunhwa comments while washing the things they used earlier.

Changmin glances at the children watching TV with juice boxes in hand, as he wipes the table, "Yeah. We should've thought of that earlier." he then walks beside her and leans on the counter as he tosses the cloth on the rack.

Sunhwa catches him staring at her and she looks back, "what's wrong?"

"Stay still" Changmin says, "there's something..." he reaches out to her and gently pulls something out of her hair before tucking the strands behind her ear. "Just a bit of candy sprinkle." he smiles.

The young lady feels her face heat up and unconsciously giggles as she placed her attention back to the dishes she's washing.

Her heart swells more as she hears the young man beside her chuckle too, "oppa..."

"Hmm?" he hums facing her.

"Do you wanna-" the sound of the doorbell ringing stopped Sunhwa from finishing her sentence.

Changmin turns to the door, "Well, I guess your parents are back. I better get going." he says, "See you in school"

Sunhwa stomps lightly then resumes with washing the dishes.

---

Yunho enters the apartment and a savory smell catches his attention.

"Changminnie." he calls softly while walking towards the kitchen, "what's up?"

Changmin slouches over the pot he was stirring, completely ignoring Yunho.

The older man leans on the doorframe and crosses his arms, "Changdola. You're cooking. What's upsetting my little brother?"

"First of all, I might be younger than you but I am taller  and two I'm just hungry." Changmin glares at him for a while before returning to his cooking.

"Is this about that girl you're tutoring?" 

"No."

"C'mon Changminnie, I'm your hyung you can tell me anything."

"There's nothing to say."

"Are you developing feelings for her?"

"No."

"It's fine. Is it because you've never dated?"

"Shut up."

Yunho slumps his shoulders in defeat, "Whatever. Just don't come crying to me when she finds someone else." he says as he leaves for his room.

Changmin sighs, "Well hyung, it's better that way." as he places the ramen on the table and starts eating. 

---

"Unnie... I want to have your boyfriend." Jiyeon yawns as she settles on the bed.

The older girl chuckles at her statement, "What boyfriend?" she replies.

"The oppa this afternoon."

"He's not my boyfriend."

Jooyeon lies beside her sister and looks at Sunhwa too, "but he saved you from the boys who were being mean to you and pulling your hair."

Sunhwa tucks the girls under the comforter.

"That doesn't mean he's my boyfriend. He's just a nice boy." she convinces them.

Jiyeon rubs her eyes, "Do you like oppa?"

Sunhwa just smiles down at them and mumbles a small, "goodnight."

 

 

 


I would like to thank all of you who are still reading on :) 

Thank you very much!

I will try my best in updating and hopefully making satisfactory chapters^^

Thank you again!