Silent

Learn To Fall

Stupid as it may seem, Sunhwa and Changmin let weeks pass between them without talking to each other.

Sunhwa's sure of what she feels and she's completely convinced that Changmin feels the same way; but... there seems to be no response from the boy.

"We're graduating in a few days! Are you just going to let that one tiny, unanswered question be a hindrance between you and Changmin-sshi?!" Chorong asks her. Sunhwa lets out a sigh. She doesn't really understand what's happening between them, it's just that maybe they're rushing into things? Or maybe she's been wrong all along? Or MAYBE he was just being nice because he knew she liked him but he's not that into her???

The girl's forehead meets with the table and she gives out a low groan of frustration. Why can't she figure this out like the dramas she constantly watches? This was supposed to be like JanDi and JunPyo or ParkHa and LeeGak... it was supposed to be perfect. Changmin just doesn't get the picture.

On the other side of town the boy being talked about remains silent, sitting on their terrace with a cup of hot instant ramen in his hands. He looks down hoping to see that familiar girl skipping on the sidewalk or talking animatedly with her friends. He wants to hear her laugh again, he wants to feel her hand in his, and he wants to finally tell her what he truly feels.

But Changmin- Changmin is...

"You're a coward you know that."

A female voice speaks over the sound of the glass door sliding open.

Changmin looks up and sees his big brother's girlfriend, JiEun, leaning on the door frame and looking down at him.

"If you really do like her, why not tell her?" she crosses her arms and tilts her head.

The younger man looks away and dismisses her question. He doesn't like talking about it at all. It's already quite a big thing with him and as much as possible he wants to brush it off like it didn't even happen.

"Look, I know very well that you think you don't deserve her. I know that look. Your brother's had that look quite a few times when were..." JiEun coughs at the blush creeping in her cheeks, "anyway... just tell her. I'm pretty sure she misses you too."

Changmin gets up and just passes by her.

JiEun follows him to the kitchen, "Hey, look... if you don't want to listen to me, I don't mind, but... you know... give it a go. You're not going to lose anything." She then leaves the room.

---

"Sunhwa, honey, we've got visitors! Get dressed!" Sunhwa's mom, Sooyeon, says to her very quickly then closes the bedroom door. 

Sunhwa does as she's told. Then she proceeds to moving to the living room. The moment she descends the stairs, she feels her heart drop.

"Hi." the sweet smile and greeting of a familiar young man causes her to stop.

This boy is not just any boy. She's Sunhwa's first love. She remembers him from back then before they were even out of their diapers.

"Kwanghee." she says very lightly as if scared to break the name once it escapes her lips.

"Let's go~" Kwanghee's mom says as she ushers them out to the car.

The car ride is not quiet at all. Their parents and Kwanghee keep the conversations coming, it has been a while after all. Adults do need catching up too. Sunhwa stays quiet. It's an odd feeling to be around someone she used to like when there's someone she's very infatuated with but can't figure out how to go about it.

They stop in front of a restaurant near Bogoshipda.

One by one they get out of the car. Sunhwa exits last and as she steps out Kwanghee assists her, holding her hand. Once she's out he guides her hand to rest on his arm.

They step inside and take a window seat. Kwanghee and Sunhwa being closest to the window, sitting across each other.

---

Changmin's flicking through channels when Yunho arrives at the apartment.

"Where's JiEun?" the latter asks as he places the grocery bags on the kitchen counter.

The younger man just shrugs his shoulders.

"Yah! You're still sulking..." Yunho sighs before messing Changmin's hair then pushing him off the couch, "Get out and bring home take out. I don't want to cook."

Changmin moves out without a word.

While walking through the streets there was something nagging at the back of his head to turn left. It's not his usual route to the restaurant he and Yunho frequents but he takes it.

A few steps in, he immediately regrets the decision. He sees Sunhwa in the restaurant across the street, dressed in that white sundress he really likes on her. She's sitting there like the beautiful girl he always thought she is- and she's with a guy.

He sees the guy subtly reach for her hand then lead it to his lips for a moment. Sunhwa smiles then covers with her other hand. The guy grins at her and Changmin sees Sunhwa bow her head a little, a habit she does when she's feeling smitten.

Changmin feels his chest constrict. 

This is why he doesn't fall in love.