Go

Learn To Fall

Changmin sits quietly beside the window, his hands cupped around his cup of coffee.

He agreed to meet her at Bogoshipda in an hour. He's a few minutes early and he's just buried in thoughts he doesn't even understand. What was she going to say? Why does she want to see him? Who's the dude she was with? Why should he care when they weren't anything official?

The bell above the door rings and Changmin lifts his head. The girl he's waiting for enters and her eyes linger around the room before locking with his. She smiles. He smiles back and his shoulders feel a little lighter.

Sunhwa sits before him, her smile not fading. He's pretty sure she's just as happy to see him as he is to see her.

"How have you been?" Changmin speaks and his voice quivers a little. He's nervous, he's not usually nervous around her but this time, he was.

Sunhwa puts her purse on the table and lays her hands on her lap, "I'm... I'm good. I'm sorry for asking to meet up so suddenly"

"It's fine."

"I just wanted to... make sure we're still... friends?"

"Of course we are. What makes you think we're not?"

Sunhwa looks up at Changmin with eyes a little glassy. "I'm leaving in a few..."

Changmin just stares at her.

"I'm hoping I'll get into a college somewhere in New York. And I didn't want to leave thinking we're in bad terms." says Sunhwa. She brings her hands on the table and softly clutches her purse. No. That's not it.

They remain silent for a while.

"S-say something." Sunhwa mumbles and Changmin takes her hand in his.

"I hope you do well. You're a very smart girl, I'm sure you'll get into whatever university you try." he says then lets her hand go. 

Sunhwa's chest constricts and her eyes burn a bit. This isn't what she wants Changmin to say. She wants him to tell her not to go. She wants him to say some romantic crap from dramas. She wants him to tell her he likes her but he isn't and he won't.

"No." she breathes out.

"What?" he raises his eyebrows at her reply.

She shakes her head and stands up, "No. No, that's not what I wanted to tell you. I wanted to tell you how much I've missed you and how much I'll miss you when I leave. I wanted to tell you that I can't even bare think of the fact that I'll be away from you for so long and I won't know if you miss me too. I want to tell you that there's no other guy I'd rather be with than you."  she blurts out. Her chest heaves heavily as she takes in the surprise on Changmin face. She then runs out of the cafe. 

Changmin stands up but his feet are glued to the ground. He turns to the table and sees Sunhwa's purse. He picks it up and heads out the door.

A few blocks away he finds her at a playground sitting on a swing. He walks towards her and stands a meter in front of her.

Sunhwa looks up at him, eyes damp with tears. She quickly wipes her face and stands up. She sees her purse in his hand. As she opened to speak, Changmin pulls her towards him. Sunhwa looks up and feels Changmin's hand cup her cheek and bring her face closer to his. Their lips meet and Sunhwa swears her heart was about to jump out her chest.