Steps

Learn To Fall

"What's up with you? It's Friday." Chorong asks as she nudges Sunhwa's shoulder.

The latter just shrugs her shoulders. She couldn't say she was disappointed because her parents moved her tutor days with Changmin from 2 hours every Monday-Thursday into 4 hours every Saturday. Nobody should know that she's getting a little too used to her tutor whom she still hasn't found in their school. Nobody should find out that-

Chorong shakes Sunhwa's arm, "Hey! We're going to Bogoshipda later~ We're taking you whether you like it or not."  she says.

Sunhwa smiles and nods, "I'm going!" It's a way to let the day pass quickly, she thinks.

"HEY GET YOUR BUTTS BACK IN THE COURT!" yelled their PE teacher and the girls immediately got up from the bleachers and on to the floor.

"I really don't like P.E, I'd rather eat." Chorong sighs and Sunhwa slaps her shoulder as they settle behind the net.

---

Changmin walks around the court picking up basketballs.

Class has ended for the day but every Friday, it's his job to clean up the gym after the varsity players are done with training. It wasn't that hard of a job, he organizes the balls, mops the floors and cleans everything. It's just like cleaning his hyung's room.

He climbs up the bleachers and hears the doors open followed by a couple of light footsteps.

"You guys go ahead, I think I forgot my pouch in here." says the girl, "yeah, see you on Monday! Bye! Take care now~"

Changmin steps forward and notices a small glittery pink bag beside his foot.

He picks it up and sighs, "Great, just great".

"Changmin?" 

The boy looks back and sees Sunhwa on her way up his level.

"Is this what you're looking for?" he says as he tosses the bag towards her.

Sunhwa clumsily catches the bag and tips sideward. Changmin dashes beside her, catching her on time.

HE CAUGHT ME! OMG AM I IN A ROM-COM?! Sunhwa's head squeaks, HE EVEN LOOKS TWICE AS HANDSOME IN SCHOOL UNIFORM~~~

"Sorry..." Changmin mumbles as he helps her up.

"What are you doing here?" Sunhwa asks.

Changmin pockets his hands and shrugs his shoulders, "Just... passing time."

"But classes ended over an hour ago." Sunhwa pokes at him.

He faces her, "Then what are you doing here?" he says.

"I was at the cafe a while ago and I thought I lost my pouch. So... here I am." she brightly explains, showing him the pink bag.

"You shouldn't come back to school just for that."

"Why? There's always security roaming everywhere."

Changmin smirks and shakes his head, "You should get going now."

"Uhm... yeah about that." Sunhwa's cheeks turn bright pink as she tries to tell him.

The boy pushes the doors open, "You're not used to going home by yourself?"

Sunhwa shakes her head and points out, "it's getting late."

A soft laugh escapes Changmin as he ushers her out the gym, "I'll walk you home."

---

Sunhwa kicks the pebble in front of her, "It's unfair how you know where I live, but I don't know where you live." she says.

"I'm just a few blocks down Bogoshipda." Changmin nonchalantly replies.

"Can we hold the tutor session there sometime?"

"No."

"Why?" Sunhwa stops walking and pouts at Changmin, "Yah. Why not?"

"I'm not waiting for you" Changmin calls as he continues to walk.

The girl runs and walks beside him, "whatever."

She smiles discreetly as she savors the feeling of walking home with him.

The boy beside her stops walking and she looks up, "we're here." he says.

Sunhwa's insides were cursing at how relatively close her place was to the school. It's a few blocks away but she wished it was further especially when she's walking with Changmin.

"Thank you" she slightly bows, "Uh... get home safely."

Changmin nods and turns around, "see you tomorrow."

"Y-yeah. See you" Sunhwa sighs as she watches him walk away.