Find You

Learn To Fall

Sunhwa turns her head to the window and sees a familiar person walking across the street. Her eyes stays on him till he disappears into the turning point at the end of the block.

"Hey, you okay?" asks Kwanghee.

The girl turns to him and she smiles reluctantly. Why does Changmin have such bad timing? She obviously doesn't want to him to see her with some other guy. "Yeah, I'm fine."

Throughout the meal, Sunhwa keeps bringing her attention back to her phone.

Kwanghee leans over the table and gently flicks her forehead, "Ever since you saw that guy across the street, you've been out of it. Is he your boyfriend?" he asks softly. Sunhwa's eyes widen and she quickly shook her head, "Boyfriend?! No. He's not. Definitely, not... I'm fine."

"No you're not. Something's up, I can tell."

"I'm okay. It's nothing. Just... tired. I'm graduating and all~ College" Sunhwa tries her best to smile and keep a lighthearted tone but her grip on her phone gets tighter with every word.

Sunhwa's mom clears and the two turned to her.

"It's time we say it then?" she says looking at her husband and Kwanghee's parents, "Alright. Sunhwa, we talked about it and since you and Kwanghee both wanted to get into a good performing arts school,  we arranged for it and we can get you to New York and pick your college."

"REALLY?" Sunhwa blurts out. Kwanghee grins and nods at her. Her heart beats quick and excited then drops at the sight of her phone. She keeps her smile on but there was doubt in her gut.

Now or never has never been so accurate.

"This is great! Really great!" she speaks, "Thank you so much!" 

The parents look at her with sparkling eyes, she couldn't decline this. Especially not for a boy.

Maybe Changmin isn't the guy for her.

---

Changmin gets back home and leaves the food on the table before heading to his room.

"Hey, let's eat." Yunho calls to him while digging through the paper bags.

"I'm not hungry."

Yunho whips his head to Changmin's direction and immediately runs to him grabbing his shoulders, "What's wrong? Are you sick? Did you get a cold while walking?!" Changmin shoves him away, "shut up." he says. "You are never NOT HUNGRY." Yunho tries to lighten the mood but all he got was Changmin slamming the door on his face.

The tall little brother sits on his bed and cradles his head in his hands, then slides them up to grip his hair.

Maybe Sunhwa isn't the girl for him.

---

The sound and vibration of his phone wakes Changmin up from his slumber. Not looking at his screen, he picks up and places it against his ear, "Hello?" he yawns.

"Did I wake you?"

His consciousness comes on full when he realizes who that voice belongs to.

"S-sunhwa" he mumbles.

"Changmin-oppa..." he hears her say and his stomach clenches. It's been a while since he heard her say his name. "Oppa, I need to talk to you. Are you busy?"

"What do you need to talk to me for?"

"It's just something."

He wants to give in but he already knows what she's gonna say. He knows she's gonna turn him down and hope they never meet again. They're graduating, it might as well be a goodbye. "Can't you say it over the ph-"

"I want to see you."

and that seals it.