Bonus Chapter

Sehun's Brother, Luhan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So this is the close look of Sehun’s POV before chapter one, six and seven.

 

I was bored, and this chapter came into mind. Sorry if I bothered you with this update .___.

 

Word vomit coming.

 

 

 

_________

 

 

 

 

‘Wishes do come true, although sometimes it came true in ways we didn’t expect.’

 

 

 

“Jongin, don’t run too fast!”

 

Sitting on one of the swing with strawberry lollipop on his mouth, Sehun silently watched as Jongdae tried to catch up with his seven years old little brother Jongin. The older has been struggling to make the younger stop running around the play yard, or at least didn’t run as fast as this. That afternoon, both Sehun and Jongin’s parents left their children on the play yard under the sight of some bodyguards, since they have some business matter to take care of. Sehun has been used to it, being left alone by his parents and wait for them until they come back with his favorite cake or any sweets. Well, Mommy Oh is not really that busy as Daddy Oh, but still, sometimes the woman had to apologize to his only son for being absent.

 

Not that Sehun cared anymore. At least they’re with him by night, showering him with love and wet kisses.


“Catch me hyung!!!” Jongin screamed in joy as he keeps running, not feeling any mattered sore on his legs.

 

Jongdae stopped to catch some proper breath. The little kid is seriously making him feeling like an old man despite being a nine years old boy he is. “Come on, Jongin-ah, let’s rest with hyung okay?”

 

“Nooo!! Running is so – ARGH!!”

 

Both Jongdae and Sehun lets out little gasps as they watched Jongin tripped on a rock and fall with a loud thud, his knees hit the ground harshly before his upper body followed on the ground, scraping both his elbow in process. The little boy froze by the shock of falling own out of sudden, before he lets out a pained hiss that eventually turned into sobs.

 

Sehun watched Jongdae sighed heavily as he dragged his tired legs towards his little brother, who’s struggling not to show his tears but miserably failed after all. Jongdae squatted down, pulling the kid into sitting position and examined the wounds. Bleeds, of course, but not really that serious. He’d just give some proper medicine once they got home or ask some maid to help him doing it.

 

“This is why I told you not to run too fast.” Jongdae said in a sing-a-song voice, despite his worry.

 

Jongin looks up at him, dejected. “Hyung doesn’t pity me??”

 

“Of course I don’t. I told you, I don’t pity kids who never listen to their hyung.” Jongdae said again.

 

Hot fat tears finally stroll down his face as he wails. “I’m so sorry hyung!!”

 

Somehow looking at his little brother crying so hard with snots under his nose is too amusing for Jongdae that he couldn’t help but chuckle with affection as he pull the younger kid into his arms, embracing him warm. “Listen to hyung next time, okay?” he said as he softly patted Jongin’s head.

 

The little kid nodded furiously. “I will!!”

 

“Tsk, brat.” Jongdae grinned as he pulls back. “Let’s go home and get your wounds treated. They hurt, right?”

 

Jongin just nodded innocently.

 

Sehun finally jump off the swing and run towards Jongin until he reached the siblings. “Jongin-ah, you alright?”

 

“Sehun!!” Jongin cried at his best friend. “Sehun!! I fell!”

 

“Yeah, I saw it.”

 

“It hurts!!”

 

“Yeah it seems like it.”

 

“Whoa, Jongin what happened to you??” three of them darted their heads towards the new voice. There they see Minseok running to them with that worry frown.

 

“Minseok hyung!” Jongdae called. “I thought you’re still in your soccer practice?”

 

“We finished early and I went to Sehun’s home, but the maids said you guys are here, so I followed.” Minseok explained. “What happened to Jongin?”

 

“He tripped on a rock.” Jongdae said with a chuckle.

 

“It hurts hyung!!!” Jongin cried.

 

Minseok shook his head in disbelief. “I think his wounds needs to be treated as soon as possible.”

 

“Well that’s what I thought too. I’m taking this brat home.” Jongdae said as he lifted the kid on his arms. “We’re leaving now, is that fine?”

 

“Of course! I’ll be with Sehun here.” Minseok said as he ruffled Sehun’s hair.

 

With wide eyes filled with awe staring at Jongdae and lips pressed into a thin line, Sehun watched Jongin snuggled into his brother’s arms as the latter holds him firmly, walking towards their car with some of the bodyguards finally surrounded them. He watches the figure getting further and further. That moment, the voice inside his head speaks the same sentence that he always repeat everytime he plays with Minseok or with the Jong siblings. The same refrain that will echoes in his head from the deepest part of his heart.

 

God, I want a brother too.

 

_________

 

 

It’s a beautiful yet chilly Sunday night and he was in the middle of planning his ninth birthday – which is still around two months later – with Minseok, mugs of hot chocolate on their hands, when his mother softly knocked on his bedroom door.

 

“Sehunnie, can eomma come inside?”

 

Ditching the mug and Minseok, Sehun jolted up and opened the door for his lovely mother. “Eomma!! Is appa already home??”

 

Smiling warmly, Eunso shook her head. “No, sweetheart, appa is still in Beijing.”

 

The bright grin faltered into a bitter smile. “Ah, well, then,” Sehun stares again at his mother, “what does eomma want to talk about?”

 

Eunso bites her lips as her gaze wandered at her nephew. “Minseok, dear, will you go downstairs and check the cake catalogue book while auntie talks with Sehun here?”

 

Sensing something off, Minseok stood up with the hot chocolate before he smiled at his aunt. “Okay, auntie.” he said before he walk pass them.

 

Eunso waited until her nephew is nowhere in her sight before she stepped into the bedroom and closed the door. She took her son on the hand and walked with him until they reached his bed and sit there.

 

“Sehun, you’re going to be nine, and it means you’re already a big boy now. So eomma ask you to be understanding with the thing eomma is going to tell you next, okay?” Eunso said, looking straight into her son’s eyes.

 

Sehun blinks in confusion and nervousness. “Okay.”

 

Eunso took a deep breath. She actually didn’t prepare any proper speech to explain her son about what she needs to explain to him. Heck, no one will be able to find the right words to explain the mess. But she needs to explain it, she needs to tell the boy. It’s hard, but she has to do it.

 

“Do you know why appa always go to Beijing for like once every three months?” she asked carefully. When her son shook his head, she continued. “Well, as you know, appa has a family here, which consists of you and me. But he also has a family there, in Beijing.”

 

Sehun frowned. “But grandma and grandpa lives here, Minseok hyung also live here. Who lives there? Do I have any cousin I never know?”

 

Biting her lips, Eunso tried to think how she could do it safely and wisely. Sehun is a smart kid, the way he thinks and comprehend things is beyond any kids on his age. Therefore she needs to make it less questionable, because she honestly won’t be able to have a heart to answer any unpredictable questions from her son.

 

“No, sweetheart,” Eunso whispered, “just like how your appa has a wife and a son here, he also has a wife and a son there.”

 

That makes Sehun’s eyes widened. “But how could that possible?? I – I think – is it even possible for a man to have more than one wife??”

 

Eunso honestly want to laugh bitterly. Yeah, how could that be possible? She already ask it to her husband a couple years ago but let’s just say that every answer never satisfy her.

 

“They’re not married, Sehun. They never married, although I said that she is your appa’s wife too.”

 

“Why didn’t they get married?”

 

Sigh. “Because,” another sigh, “they have us, darling.”

 

“But he still went to her! Does that mean he also love her too??”

 

For that, Eunso could only widen her eyes.

 

The truth hurts right, Song Eunso? To know that Oh Jinwoo’s heart will always belong to Huang Liu Shan, to know that you’ve chose to let go of Jung Yunho but Oh Jinwoo never want to let go of that woman.

 

“He..” Eunso tried to suppress her tears, “he loves us, Sehun-ah, he loves both eomma and her.” He loves her, that Huang Liu Shan. “Equally.” He never really loves you, Song Eunso, why bother to fool yourself?

 

She watched her son’s shoulder slumps down. “So he cheats on you?”

 

“No!” Eunso immediately said. “No, Sehun, your appa is not a bad person, he never cheats on me, on us!”

 

“But he always go to her, doesn’t it mean that he cheats on you??”

 

“No! Sehun, you should never talk about him like that!!”

 

“But,” Sehun curled his fingers into a fist, “eomma, how could he has two women to love??”

 

“Because he can, Sehun. None of us could ever control his heart. If I could, I’ve done it for a long time ago already. But no, Sehun, we could never control someone’s heart, we could never control on who they’ll fall for, we could never control their heart to fall solely on us!”

 

Eunso realized that she must’ve been shouting, because now her son is scooting further from her. She sighed. She knew it will never be easy to explain such a thing.

 

“Someday, you’d understand everything, Sehun-ah.” Eunso whispered. “Just, please understand what you could understand for now, okay? And promise me, promise your mother that you’d never bring this thing up to him. I believe he’ll explain it to you himself once he get here. And lastly, son, his love for you, for me, for us, even for his family in Beijing, is unrequited. He loves us so much, you should’ve known that, right? Someday you’d understand everything, eomma promise you.”

 

Just like how I already understand that I’d ever have Jinwoo’s heart wholely.

 

There’s a pregnant silence between them before Sehun speaks again. “Okay.”

 

Sighing in relief, Eunso finally start to do the real purpose she has when she stepped into the bedroom. “And one more thing. The woman..” she said, “the woman, she passed away this afternoon.”

 

Unknowingly, Sehun’s eyes widened. “W-what?”

 

“She died in a car accident.” Eunso said. The voice that came out later is a whisper. “Liu, may you rest in peace.”

 

I never had the chance to apologize to you again, Liu. Although I know you’d smile again at me and hold my hand and tell me that it’s not my fault, that you could never do anything about Jinwoo’s mother’s decision. But Liu, I really want to apologize to you again.

 

“That’s.. terrible.” Sehun whispered in true condolence.

 

Eunso regained her self back. “And her son, uh, your brother – “

 

Wait, what?

 

“Brother??” Sehun asked.

 

Seriously? For real??

 

“Uh, yes,” Eunso blinked at her son, “he is your brother, since he carries your appa’s blood too. Both of you carry the same blood from your father, thus you’re brothers with him.”

 

“I have a brother??”

 

“Yes son,” Eunso chuckled, “and he’s going to live with us.”

 

Sehun just couldn’t stop the feeling bubbling inside his heart.

 

I really –

 

“ – have a brother?” he asked again in a whisper and a dazed look.

 

“Sehun, are you alright?”

 

Funny how everything about his father’s so-called-affair dissolves into foams of long forgotten issues when he found this one bizarre yet mesmerizing discovery.

 

God, I really have a brother!!

 

_________

 

 

Awkward.

 

The silence is rather awkward.

 

Sehun sipped the vanilla milk from his favorite Pororo mug as he glanced at the boy in front of him, who’s staring down at the floor. The boy is four years older than him, just like Minseok. Both of them keep their mouth shut, no words could be said that moment.

 

He had obeyed what his mother said. He didn’t ask anything when his father came home today, bringing his half brother along. He didn’t ask anything when his father hugged him and chants a series of apologies and promises of explaining everything later. He didn’t ask anything when his parents ask him to go downstairs to meet the so awaited brother. Because Sehunnie is a good kid, and good kid never makes anyone feel uncomfortable.

 

Luhan. He could’ve tried to believe that the boy in front of him is not really his brother. They’re not from the same womb after all, although they shared the same dominant blood. But when he look at the latter, he find that they’re really look alike. They got the same look from their father. Thus, he couldn’t even try to at least think that they’re just bonded by so called same father. Not when they have the same looks, the same habit of biting their lips when they’re nervous, the same habit of hunching their back slightly when they’re standing for too long, as what Sehun had observed in five minutes of their first encounter. Blame his overly smart brain.

 

And just when he thinks that they’d still be freezing in silence, Luhan’s honey like voice could be heard. “I’m sorry.”

 

Okay that’s unexpected, Sehun blinked as he gulped his milk. “For what?”

 

“For coming here out of sudden,” Luhan murmured, “and being your sibling out of sudden.”

 

Sehun is obviously shocked. He didn’t think that the boy will be considerate like this. Of course everything is like a crazy movie scenes jumping from one part to another, because yesterday he’s the only child in the family but tonight he has a brother. But even in his dislike, he never hated the fact that he needs to accept a sibling he never met. Not when he had been dreaming of this ever since years ago. He wanted a brother, and as much as bizarre the way it happens, God gave him one. He can’t bring himself to be ungrateful for that.

 

He smiled at the older. “I think it’s fine.” he said, swaying the  Pororo mug in his hand.

 

Luhan blinked. “You really do??’”

 

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I? It’s not like you’ve planned this like those mafia movies either.” Sehun shrugged, almost laughed at his own words.

 

Then both of them laughed at his statement. Luhan grinned. “Hmm, you’re smart. No wonder why baba said I’m so lucky that I have you as my sibling.”

 

Sehun blinked confusedly at him. “But appa said you’re really nice and smart too, he also said that I’m going to have a great brother.” he said, reciting the words his father said when he called him last night.

 

There’s a long pause before Luhan speaks again. “Well, brother from now on?” he said as he offered his hand.

 

Sehun stared at the hand in front of him. Then without hesitating it, he took it and shook it gently. “From now on.”

 

God, my brother’s hand is so warm!

 

_________

 

 

“What was it again?”

 

It’s a rather sunny day, and Sehun never let a sunny day goes to a waste. He’d use it to stroll aro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter