Chapter 4

Sehun's Brother, Luhan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heiho heiho!!!!!!!

The next chapter will be the last part I promise you, I won't be bothering you guys anymore with the updates ^^

*sobbing along with Sehunnie*

 

_______________________________________________________

 

 

God

I wanted to live so badly

Forgive me for being ungrateful all these time

Forgive me that I was demanding You to change my life

But I want to live

I really want to live longer

There’s still a lot I want to do

I still want to make my parents happy

I still want to take care of Sehun

I can’t leave yet

Please give me one more chance

I know I don’t deserve it, but please

Please

 

“Err, Ryung,” Minseok murmured as he spins the soccer ball on his finger, “you look like this ball, you know.”

 

The chubby guy burst in laugh as Luhan throws a couple of crumbled tissues to him. “Go to hell Kim Minseok.” Luhan snorted.

 

Minseok tried so hard to suppress his laughter. “Okay I’m sorry, it was inappropriate.” he grinned as he handed Luhan a wool hat. “Wear this, aunt Eunseo told me to give you this thing.”

 

“Eomma? Where’s she?” Luhan said as he took the hat and wear it on his already bald head. Not that he’s fine with it, but he doesn’t want to protest about anything for now.

 

“Dunno. Probably dealing with some matters in the boutique. Sehun will come in any minute.” Minseok said. “I need to go now, Ryung. Soccer practice. And oh, the boys missed you so much. Especially Chanyeol and Baekhyun. I think they’re going to visit you tomorrow.”

 

Luhan nodded. “Okay, tell them I miss them too.”

 

Just when Minseok was about to open the door, Sehun revealed himself. “Oh, Minseok hyung!”

 

“Hi kiddo, how was your dance practice?” Minseok said as he ruffled Sehun’s hair.

 

“Jongin and I are placed in the front.” Sehun shifted his gaze to Luhan. “Isn’t it great, hyung??”

 

Luhan clapped his hand. “It is!!”

 

Minseok rolled his eyeballs. “Gotta go. Bye.”

 

After Minseok disappeared, Sehun throw his bags to the nearest sofa and climbed on the hospital bed. Luhan made some proper space for him and let Sehun’s arm slipped under his neck, bringing him close.

 

“You’re too thin now, hyung.” Sehun whispered.

 

“As if it really matters now.” Luhan rolled his eyeballs.

 

Sehun chuckled. “You look cute, seriously. I think bald suits you the most.” he said. “Have you ever thought about this hairstyle before??”

 

“Well yeah. Too bad I was never brave enough to try it.” Luhan laughed.

 

“Tsk. And now you’re hiding it with wool hat.”

 

Luhan touched the wool knitted hat. “But I’m cuter in this hat!”

 

“Ouch, being overly confident of yourself, Luhan.” Sehun teased.

 

“Shut up you kiddo.”

 

It’s about two minutes later when Sehun pulled the blanket closer to cover all Luhan’s body. “Hey, aren’t you cold?” he whispered.

 

“Hmm.. nope.” Luhan shook his head slowly. “You’re hugging me, giving me enough warmth, what else could make me feel cold?”

 

Sehun blushed out of nowhere. He’s not the one who easily shows his affection towards the others. Being like this is not something he usually does. “O-kay.”

 

Luhan closed his eyes, breathing against Sehun’s neck. Somehow Sehun smells like orange, and even vanilla. “Hey, Sehun.”

 

“Hm?”

 

“You have to live well, okay?” Luhan said out of nowhere.

 

Sehun winced. “Uh, okay..?”

 

“You have to live well.” Luhan repeated. “You need to promise me to take care of eomma too when baba is not around. You have to do well with your studies and have fun with your friends, like Jongin and the others too.” he took a deep breath. “You should live your life well. Okay?”

 

Sehun could feel his eyes are starting to burn. “Why are you telling me this thing?”

 

Luhan opened his eyes. “Well, who knows if somehow I ran out of time to tell you that.”

 

“No, you won’t.” Sehun’s voice is already hoarse.

 

Luhan smiled weakly. “One last thing – “ Luhan winced when he heard tiny sobs above him, “whoa, are you crying??”

 

Sehun wiped the tears on his cheek carelessly. “What now??”

 

“Just,” Luhan’s gaze wandered, “keep in mind that I love you so much. My brother.”

 

Sehun didn’t reply to that. He’s scared. It feels like if he replies it, Luhan will go, and he will be left alone.

 

 

 

If one day is what You could give me

Then I will make it the best day I’ve ever had

If one hour is what You could spare me

Then I will make it one perfect hour

If one minute is what You could pity me

Then I will use that one minute carefully

If one second is what You could let me to have

Then I will use it to take the last glance I needed

So please, pity me

I promise I’ll be quick

I just want to hear his voice for the very last time

I promise I’ll be quick

Then You could take me away or anything

 

“I want to live, Minseok.”

 

Minseok bite his bottom lips, trying to suppress the overwhelming feeling inside his chest. “You will, Ryung.”

 

Luhan wandered his gaze, and then he closed his eyes. “I want to… celebrate his birthday too.”

 

“You will, Ryung, you will.” Minseok repeated, clenching his hands into fists. “You will.”

 

Just when Luhan was about to say something, the door opened, revealing the worried Sehun. “Hyung!!”

 

“I’ll leave then. See you guys later.” Minseok briefly said as he walks out from the room, leaving Sehun dumbfounded. Deciding not to think about his cousin anymore, he took a seat next to the hospital bed.

 

Sehun stared at the resting Luhan. Something was placed to cover his nose and mouth, and it seems that the thing helps Luhan to breath. Sehun doesn’t know what that is, but it scares him to know that even breathing is something Luhan can’t easily do now.

 

He sighed. He can’t bear to see his brother like this. He seems too fragile. He used to see Luhan grinning widely at him, bouncing here and there as if he’s going to fly. He’s not used to see Luhan like this, closing his eyes, chest barely moving.

 

Then Luhan opened his eyes slowly. He searched for Sehun, and slightly smiled when he find him. He took off the thing from his face and stared at his little brother. “Yo?”

 

Sehun didn’t know what’s into him, but he find himself asking something weird. “Have you ever regretted that we’re brothers from the same father but different mothers?”

 

Luhan blinked. He took some proper air for his lung. “No. Not even once.” he answered slowly, weakly. “Why would I?”

 

“But your life was so hard back then.”

 

Luhan chuckled weakly. “Then it was.” he answered. “Life is always hard, Sehun-ah. It’s our choice to find some proper ways to make it easier.”

 

Sehun grinned. “Wow, hyung, you sure are smart at talking.” he said. Even in such state, Luhan is always trying to find the proper words to say to him.

 

“I have a lot of speech trophies if you want another prove.” Luhan tried to joke.

 

“No thanks.” Sehun jokingly rolled his eyeballs. “I just want my bubble tea right now.”

 

Then they fell into silence. Luhan had closed his eyes again. Sehun thought he’s already asleep, so he fixed Luhan’s blanket and was ready to grab his jacket and go out to get some bubble tea when suddenly he heard a soft voice.

 

“But hey, Sehun,” Luhan paused, “if somehow we’re not brothers, could we ever meet each other?”

 

Sehun stared at Luhan. “I don’t know. I’m in Seoul. You’re in Beijing. There are not much possibilities for that.” he chuckled slightly.

 

“Hmm..” Luhan nodded, eyes still closed. “Then I’m surely thankful.. that dad had come to Beijing and met my mom.. before he came back to Seoul and marry your mom.”

 

“A bit inappropriate to say it like that, actually.” Sehun feels his eyes are burning again. “But why?”

 

Luhan opened his eyes and searched for Sehun, stares into Sehun’s eyes. “Because it brought me to you.”

 

There’s something in Luhan’s eyes that made Sehun burst into tears as he grabbed Luhan’s hand gently and decided to stay. He cried for hours, didn’t even know why. He just cried, and Luhan tried to comfort him. After the sobs died, Sehun fell into sleep next to Luhan’s hand.

 

When he woke up by a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter