Weak

You Have Me

“Minnie-ah, hold on to my hand. I don’t want you to get lost.” Songmin reached for her dad’s hand while looking around curiously. She loved to go places and the supermarket was one of her favorites because Myungsoo would always buy her something. It was usually something small, like a toy or a candy bar, but nonetheless, it kept the little girl happy. Myungsoo could never resist. He was weak.

“Can I get a lollipop?” She tugs on her father’s hand, swaying his arm to get his attention. He looks at her with raised eyebrows and she points to an aisle with bags of candy. There’s a small display on the side of the aisle of giant lollipops with much too food coloring.

“Not today, honey,” Myungsoo says gently, but when Songmin looks up at him with wide eyes filled with sadness, he doesn’t know if he can hold his ground. Dongwoo has been telling him to refuse their daughter’s requests because Myungsoo was spoiling her too much. “Today daddy has to buy some groceries. Do you want to get strawberries?” Songmin made a face, and shook her head.

“Lollipop.”

“Not today, honey. Let’s go buy some fruit, okay?” Myungsoo pulls her ahead, the fruits and vegetable section of the market in view, but Songmin refuses to move. “Minnie, don’t do this. Daddy is really busy today.”

“I want a lollipop!” She yells, but not loud enough to draw much attention, and pries her hand out of her father’s grasp. Myungsoo sighs, but he’s not as nervous of a parent as he used to be so he kneels down to her level and speaks in a calm tone.

“Tomorrow, Daddy will buy you a lollipop. A big one. Bigger than those.” He points at the display, but Songmin furiously shakes her head. She wants what she wants, and she wants it now. Myungsoo knows and he’s trying not to spoil her, but he doesn’t really mind buying his daughter little things to make her happy.   

“But I want it now,” She says sadly and looks at Myungsoo. “Just one. No more.”

“Baby, too much candy is not good for you.” He can feel himself losing the battle and when Songmin looks at him with pleading eyes and a pout, he knows he lost.

“Please daddy,” Songmin asks cutely. “Please. I just want one”

“Alright,” Myungsoo concedes, and gets up. Dongwoo is going to be mad at him again. “But do not tell Dongwo appa, okay?” She nods eagerly, a smile on her little face. She’s going to ruin me, Myungsoo thinks as he strolls to the candy aisle with Songmin racing ahead. She grabs a lollipop and examines it, and then grabs another, comparing the two. Myungsoo plucks one out of her hand when she looks at him with hopeful eyes. Myungsoo shakes his head.

 

 

“It’s bedtime for you,” Dongwoo says and picks up Songmin in his arms and kisses her cheek. She giggles as he bites her rosy cheek playfully. “Are you tired?” He walks up the stairs, Songmin cradled in his arms as if she were a baby. She’s still fairly short and weighs very little. Myungsoo was always worried about her weight, she was always thin no matter how much they fed her, but she’s healthy and that’s all they could ask for.

“Not yet,” she says and wipes her cheek with a swipe of her hand. “Daddy, can I play for 10 more minutes? Please?” She bats her eyes as she says the magic word, drawing out the word for extra impact. That impact fails to change Dongwoo’s mind, but he laughs out of amusement.

“I’m not Myungsoo appa. Do you think I will fall for that?” She doesn’t say anything in response and pouts as if she had been wronged. “Do you want a bed time story?”

“Yeah.” Dongwoo places her down on the bed, and then tucks her in. She pulls the pink blanket over her head and slinks under the covers. Dongwoo goes to the back of the room to look for a book.

“What would you like for me to read today?” He turns around just in time for her to pop her head from the end of the bed, her dark hair a mess.

“What are we reading today?” Myungsoo walks in the room and peels the blanket aside to sit on the bed. Songmin immediately covers herself again and crawls stealthily to where Myungsoo is sitting.

“Guess who?” Songmin asks and pokes her head out, laughing without a care, and ducks back inside. Dongwoo comes over with a book in hand and Myungsoo pulls Songmin out but not without lots of shrieking and giggling.

“Do you wanna read?” Dongwoo asks but Myungsoo declines like usual. Instead he looks at his husband just as eagerly as Songmin as he introduces the book.

“Where the Wild Things Are,” Dongwoo begins and looks at Songmin who smiles. He’s read the story countless times but it never fails to make her happy.

 

 

By the time Dongwoo’s done, Songmin is a yawning mess. She looks at them with sleepy eyes as they tuck her in and kiss her gently on the forehead to wish her sweet dreams.

“Did you finish your work?” Dongwoo asks in front of their daughter’s door and grabs a hold of Myungsoo’s hand.

“I just have a little bit left to do,” Myungsoo lies and smiles at the change in Dongwoo’s expression.

“Myung,” Dongwoo says sweetly and closes the space between them to kiss his lips lightly. “Sleep with me. You can finish up tomorrow, can’t you?” Myungsoo wraps his arms around his husband’s back and watches him flail about, whining. “It’s gonna be cold in there. All by myself. .”

“You want me to keep you warm?” Myungsoo whispers to Dongwoo’s ear.

“Yes,” Dongwoo responds and slides a hand down Myungsoo’s back and to his , squeezing suggestively. “I will do anything you want.” Myungsoo would never say no. He is weak and now, he's also . 

 

 

 

Hello~ I just want to let you guys know that i plan to close this fic in a few more chapters

Thanks for reading :D