Chapter 24

My Love, My Fate

A/N A bit of a longer chapter to make up for disappearing for so long. Gradually I will update this and the other stories. Thank you all for your patience and waiting for me to update. 

 

            By the time Minho and Taemin left, it was close to midnight. Due to the lateness, there were barely any traffic on the road and they managed to get back in 20 minutes to the house. When Minho parked his car in the driveway, he turned to the side and saw that Taemin had fallen asleep. He spent a few moments to admire his beautiful fiance sleeping; he looked so peaceful and happy. Minho got out of the car and went to the passenger’s side and carefully carried him up to their bedroom.

                Minho gently placed Taemin on the bed and placed the covers on his small body. It was good that Taemin had worn loose clothes today or else Minho would have had the pleasure of stripping the boy and changing him into pyjamas. Not wanting to wake Taemin up, Minho quietly entered the en suite to wash up. After a few minutes, Minho heard whimpers and cries coming from the bedroom. He quickly ran out and saw Taemin thrashing around on the bed.

                “Minnie! Wake up! It’s just a dream, it’s me, Minho!” Minho pulled back the covers and held Taemin’s thrashing body, wanting to calm him down. Taemin finally stopped and woke up but not before leaving Minho with a few long scratches on his arms.

                “Are you okay, Minnie? Did you have a nightmare?” Minho looked at Taemin’s face and was surprised to see that he was crying. He gently kissed the tears away and held Taemin’s face in his hands. Taemin didn’t respond for a few seconds, but he finally nodded and sniffle a couple of times before adorably rubbing his eyes.

                “It was horrible. Everything was dark but I felt someone grabbing me and touching me. I tried to run away but I couldn’t see anything, everything was black but all I felt was hands on me and a horrible voice telling me that I wouldn’t be able to escape and that I’ll never see you again” Taemin cried as he held tightly onto Minho and felt a few more tears flowing down his cheeks.

                “Don’t worry Minnie, it was just a dream. I will never let anything happen to you. I will protect you, I promise you that I’ll be with you forever” Minho tried to comfort Taemin and slowly rubbed his back. Taemin’s sniffle turned into soft hiccups and after a few minutes, Minho felt him relax in his arms meaning that Taemin had finally fallen asleep.

                Minho lied Taemin back down on the bed and gently laid Taemin’s head on the pillow. He pulled the covers back over the fragile body and lied down beside Taemin.

                “I’m sorry Minnie, if I had been there, then none of that would’ve happened” Minho Taemin’s hair and lightly kissed his forehead. Minho wanted to say that he was happy that Taemin was starting to get bits of his memory back, but not those ones. When Taemin told him about his nightmare, he knew exactly what it was about.

                He blamed himself for leaving Taemin by himself in the staff room which gave the perfect opportunity for his stalker to almost Taemin and taint him forever. The bastard was still in jail and Minho made sure the court sentenced him to the maximum years.

                Minho wrapped his arms around Taemin’s waist and held him close, deeply inhaling the scent of his lover beside him. Slowly, Minho drifted off to sleep and hoped that Taemin wouldn’t experience anymore nightmares that night.

                The next morning, Taemin woke up and was a little confused as to where he was until he felt a body behind him. He turned around and smiled when he saw Minho sleeping beside him. Taemin couldn’t remember the entire nightmare from last night but it was enough to make him wonder. He doesn’t remember anything like that happening to him but it felt so real, as if someone had actually touched his body and said those words to him.

                Minho groaned a bit before adjusting his body a bit and fell back asleep. Taemin lifted his hand and caressed Minho’s face; he couldn’t believe that someone like Minho belonged to him. His fingers lightly traced all the features on Minho’s face; from the eyebrows, nose, all the way to the lips. Taemin smiled as he checked to see if Minho was still asleep or not. After making sure that the older was still in deep sleep, Taemin leaned forward and pressed their lips together. As he pulled back, Taemin could feel his cheeks burning.

                “I...I think I’m falling...in love with you” Taemin whispered as he once again traced Minho’s lips before nuzzling his head into Minho’s chest and tried to calm himself and fell back asleep.

                After two hours, Minho woke up and saw that Taemin was still fast asleep. He carefully got out of bed and went to the bathroom to wash up. When he came back out, he saw Taemin stirring.

                “Good morning Minnie. How are you feeling this morning?” Taemin opened his eyes and gave Minho a sweet smile.

                “I’m fine Minho, I’m sorry about last night. I didn’t mean to cry and bother you” Taemin got up but kept his head low. Minho got closer and gently lifted Taemin’s head.

                “It’s just that everything felt so real, as if it had actually happened to me but I have no recollection of it. I think it was just a bad nightmare” Taemin smiled and hoped that Minho wouldn’t worry too much about him. Before Minho could say anything, his phone rang and he sighed before getting up and answered his phone.

                “Good morning umma, what plans do you have for us today?” Minho’s umma told him that since Taemin’s birthday was coming up, it was time to finish with the preparation of the wedding. Minho’s umma told him about the appointments and the locations of their plans today and Minho noted them on his phone.

                “What happened?” Taemin piped up from the bed, Minho turned around and smiled at the adorable bed hair that Taemin had.

                “Umma have some plans for us today. Come on, let’s get out of bed and get ready for today” Taemin nodded as he went into the bathroom and started to get ready. After half an hour or so, both of them are ready and were heading out the door.

                “Where are we going Minho? Are we meeting up with umma for lunch?” Taemin was still a bit hesitant to call them umma and appa, but if that’s what they wished to be called, he would be happy to follow their wish.

                “Not entirely, she made the appointments for us but it’s only going to be us two today” Taemin nodded but he was still a bit confused. He didn’t know where or what they were doing today. After a while, they reached a street full of shops and stores and finally they stopped in front of a bridal shop. Taemin’s eyes widened and he looked at the Minho and then back at the shop. Minho shrugged but he held Taemin’s hand and walked inside together.

                “Good morning, I suppose I am speaking with Mister and Miss Choi? I welcome you to our humble shop and hope that we can fulfill your every need today” Minho nodded and they followed the owner to the back room. When they entered, they were surprised at the amount of selection available.

                “Mrs. Choi, we know that you are a boy but your mother-in-law wants to see at least one picture with you in a wedding dress. She said you are too beautiful and she does not want to let that chance go to waste. That’s why on this side, there are suits and dresses for your preference” Taemin pouted and looked at Minho who had a very amused look on his face. Taemin wouldn’t be surpised if this was partially Minho’s plan.

                “Now, let’s get started. Mrs. Choi, please come this way and we can help you with the selections of both suits and dresses” Taemin nodded and hesitantly let go of Minho’s hand before following the owner. He was led into a room that had multiple mirrors and both sides were hung with clothes. After the door closed, two women came in assisted him with the selection and helped him in wearing the clothes.

                Minho was sitting outside and was flipping through the book, there were many designs for dresses and suits, he was sure that all of them would look beautiful and amazing on his Minnie. He didn’t even realized that time was flying by until someone came out and told him that his wife was ready for the first viewing. Minho placed the book down and concentrated on the curtains. When it opened, Minho’s eyes widened. Standing in front of him was Taemin dressed in a suit; however it was not a normal suit when it was on Taemin’s body.

                Minho could only let his eyes sweep over Taemin’s body. The top cinched in his waist, showing off his slim figure and tiny waist while the bottom accentuated on the curve of his little and made his legs look even longer than they already were. Minho only snapped out of it when Taemin asked him how he looked.

                “You look beautiful Minnie. Everything looks good when it’s worn on your body” Taemin blushed as he heard Minho said those words. He thought his body was just average and that Minho was just exaggerating. After he tried on two more suits that pretty much made Minho have the same expression, he was told by the owner to try on the dresses. Taemin was a little reluctant as he was a boy and he was afraid that he wouldn’t look good and Minho would love him less than before.

                Minho didn’t know that Taemin was going to be trying out the dresses so his mind was still on the suits, however as soon as the curtain opened, his jaw dropped and his mind was entirely wiped blank. Taemin was standing in front of him, in a white dress. He appeared to be glowing, as if an angel had just descended from heaven. There were two thin straps on Taemin’s soft shoulders, revealing the milky white skin and his delicious neck and collar bone. The white of the dress could not match with the brightness of Taemin’s natural skin, it made his skin looks so much smoother and the way the fabric flowed across Taemin’s skin made Minho’s heart wanting to beat out of his chest.

                “Does this one look good Minho? If not, we could stick with the suits” Taemin watched as Minho’s eyes went all over his body, he suddenly felt very self-conscious of his body.

                “You look perfect” Taemin’s face blushed even more than when Minho said he looked beautiful. He was perfect in Minho’s eyes and he couldn’t have asked for a better compliment.

                “Really? I don’t look weird with a dress on even though I’m a boy?” Minho shook his head; he couldn’t help but keep on staring at Taemin. It could be the last thing he sees in his life and he would think it would be worth it. After Minho was finished with staring at Taemin, it was time for Minho to try on his outfits. Taemin changed out of the dress and sat on the other side of the curtain while Minho went and changed to his suits.

                The time it took for Minho to change into his suit was quicker than Taemin had thought as his seat was barely warm before they announced that Minho was ready. Taemin directed his eyes to the curtain and waited for it to open. Taemin’s jaw dropped as he saw Minho standing there, wearing the designer suit. With his broad shoulder, slim waist and his long and tone legs made the suit looked perfect on Minho’s body.

                “Minnie, are you okay? I asked you if it looked good on me” Taemin blinked a few times, needing a few moments to process the question before he adorably nodded his head.

                “Y-you look really h-handsome Minho!” Taemin blushed as he stuttered out his answer. He hoped Minho didn’t catch that. He heard Minho chuckle before heading into the back room again. Taemin lightly smacked his face to get himself to calm down; he couldn’t embarrass himself in front of Minho. However, when Minho appeared again, Taemin could barely contain himself. It was more like a tuxedo that made Minho look like a prince that had just stepped out of a story book. Taemin could feel his face burning and his heart was threatening to burst out of his rib cage.

                “How do I look?” Minho said as he smiled at Taemin. Minho was waiting for his response when the younger suddenly covered his face and turned around. Thinking that Taemin was hurt, he quickly ran off the stage and ran towards Taemin.

                “Are you feeling okay Minnie? Are you hurting anywhere? We can go home now” Minho was frantically trying to see what was wrong with Taemin and was relieved when the younger’s face appeared. He chuckled when he realized why Taemin had covered his face. Taemin was bright red at the moment, even brighter than a ripe tomato; it was one of the most adorable things that Minho had seen.

                They were told to change into their first outfit and a photo shoot was prepared for them. It was a typical wedding shoot, side by side poses and holding hands. The last pose before they changed into a different outfit was the one that surprised Taemin a little. Minho was told by the photographer to lift Taemin up and while placing his hands on Minho’s shoulder, he was suppose to lean down and gently kiss Minho’s lips. Taemin blushed, he was still very embarrassed to kiss in front of an audience and there were an entire crew of people tending to them. Minho saw that Taemin was still deep in thoughts so he used the opportunity and lifted Taemin into the air, earning a squeal from his fiance.

                Taemin supported himself by placing his arms on both side of Minho’s shoulder and looked down. He could see Minho’s deep eyes and he could feel the pink tinge coming back without his permission.

                “It’s just a simple kiss Minnie, just look at me and don’t worry about the other people. Just think about me and nothing else” Taemin nodded and continued to look at Minho’s face, concentrating on his features; his soft skin, deep eyes, sharp nose, and most of all his soft lips. Taemin leaned down and closed his eyes as the distance between both of their lips disappeared, a soft smile graced both their lips and they were both lost in their kiss that they didn’t hear the camera clicking away.

                “That was pretty easy wasn’t it?” Minho said when they separated. Taemin nodded and wiggled a bit, wanting to be placed down on the floor again. Minho got the hint and released him, only to wrap his arms around Taemin’s small waist.

                “I can’t believe I have you in my arms, I guess your umma in heaven must think I’m good enough in order to let me take care of you for the rest of our lives” Taemin smiled shyly as he thought about marrying Minho and living with him for the rest of their lives, it appears that his love for Minho grew more and more every day. Even though he lost his memories and needed to make new ones, his love for Minho never disappeared and just continued to grow every single day.

                Nearing the ending of the shoot, Taemin was asked to change into the dress he had tried on before, they needed to complete the orders of Mrs. Choi and Taemin wouldn’t want the shop to get in trouble with Minho’s umma. After he had completed the change, he entered the room again and saw Minho standing in the centre. Minho held out a hand and the younger took it, allowing Minho to lead him to the centre and waited for the photographer’s instructions.

                “You look perfect in the dress Minnie. If someone else was to walk in, they might think I was marrying an angel and not a human” Taemin shyly giggled as he played with Minho’s fingers that were entwined with his.

                “You’re exaggerating too much Minho. However, this dress does look beautiful. I’m glad you don’t think I look weird in a dress. I was afraid that I wouldn’t look good and you would love me less” Taemin pouted as he tightened his hold on Minho’s hand. He suddenly felt a hand lifting his chin and felt a soft pair of lips on his.

                “Don’t be silly Minnie, if anything, my love grew for you even more today. Not because of your physical appearance but because the reality of you becoming my wife is getting closer and closer. I wouldn’t trade this opportunity for anything in the world” Taemin smile widened as he heard Minho’s word, for some reason, he felt reassured that Minho wouldn’t leave him and would stay true to his words.

                When the photographer was ready, he took similar pictures as to when Taemin was in a suit but they were more feminine compared to before. The distance between their bodies was closer and there were more intimate poses than before. Finally it was the last pose and the instructions were given to them by the photographer. Taemin blushed again, this time the pose and kiss felt even more intimate than the last.

                Minho was to stand behind Taemin and wrap both of his arms around the younger’s slim waist. With one arm, Taemin was supposed to place it on top of Minho’s and the other was to be placed on Minho’s cheek. While turning his head, Taemin was supposed to take the initiative and connect their lips while the photographer took the pictures. With this pose, Taemin felt more exposed and vulnerable compared to before as he would be completely facing the crew. He was nervous and wasn’t sure if he could do it or not.              

                “Minho, I don’t know if I can do this or not. Before I could ignore the camera but this time, I’ll be facing the photographer...I’m so nervous right now” Taemin pouted as he tried to calm himself down but whenever he thought about the pose, he would get flustered again.

                “Don’t worry Minnie; I’ll be right behind you, it’s just me. Just close your eyes and focus on me, my heart will be right behind yours. Listen to your heartbeat and focus on that, we’ll be standing together and our heart will be beating together. We’ll be together forever” Minho caressed Taemin’s cheek and lightly peck his lips, hoping to calm him down. Taemin nodded and got into position, he took a deep breath and when the photographer was ready, and he closed his eyes and focused on his heartbeat.

Thump thump thump ...thump-thump thump-thump

                Taemin wasn’t sure if it was his imagination or not, but after a few seconds, he thought he felt another heartbeat beating in sync with his. He felt at ease as he raised his hand and placed it on Minho’s cheek before slowly turning his head and gently connecting their lips.  

                Minho could hear the camera clicking like crazy but all he could focus on was Taemin’s soft and moist lips on his. He could hear Taemin’s soft breathing and he knew that Taemin had calmed down and was just focusing on the kiss. Both of them were so immersed into the kiss that they didn’t hear the photographer calling out that it was the end of the shoot. It was only when Minho separated himself from Taemin’s lips to turn the younger boy around that he realized that the shoot was over.

                “Minnie, I think we need to change and get ready to leave. If you want to continue, we can finish off in the car” Taemin blushed as he lightly smacked Minho’s chest before heading into the change room. Just as Minho was entering into a separate change room, he heard Taemin said something that made his heart beat like crazy.

                “Not the car...we can continue in the bedroom”