Chapter 2

My Love, My Fate

 

                Yoon hee gasped as she saw that it was the boy she has just seen. He looked so tiny and scared, looking at the bunch of men lusting after him. He was beautiful and his skin was fair, it was no surprise that everyone wanted him for himself.

                “Lee Taemin had just turned 17 years old, still fresh and young. Look at his face; it’s a face of an angel! And the fair skin, don’t you just want to taint him? The bidding price starts at $10,000!” as soon as the bidding started, the price started to go up. After a few seconds, the price was already at $50,000. Since it wasn’t a rich neighbourhood, the limit wasn’t too high.

                “Wow, $50,000, is there anyone else who can bid higher than that? No one, then the prize goes to-“

                “$80,000!” Yoon hee yelled out, everyone looked at her but she stayed strong. She was not going to let the young boy fall into the hands of these dirty men. The crowd started to murmur, $80,000 was not something someone in this neighbourhood was able to afford.

                “$80,000 going once, twice, sold! If the lady could please come to the front and make your payment, this boy is yours” Yoon hee walked up and looked at the boy, he had the same features as her bestfriend, that was how she was able to recognize him immediately. Yoon hee took off her earrings and handed them over.

                “These earrings are worth at $90,000. If you have an expert here, ask him to confirm it” the expert took a look at it and nodded his head.

                “These are legit, they are worth around $95,000” the man shook Yoon hee’s hand and congratulated her. She knelt beside the boy and reached out to touch him; he flinched but allowed her to pick him up. She looked him over; he had very feminine features, a beauty just like his umma. Yoon hee gently held his hand and was about to lead him out when he cried out.

                “My bag!” he ran back and grabbed the small bag she’d seen with him, they both went out of the auction place and saw the driver still waiting for them.

                “I’m glad you’re ok madam” she nodded and helped the boy into the car. She told the driver to bring them home first. Throughout the whole ride home, the boy just stared at Yoon hee, as if trying to figure out whether she would hurt him or not. She looked kind enough and she had the same aura as when his umma was still alive. Before he knew it, Taemin was already crying.

                “Aigoo, what’s wrong? Are you hurt anywhere? Are you hungry? I can make something for you when we get home” she slowly got closer and gently placed a hand on his shoulder.

                “Home? I don’t have a home” Taemin cried, he really misses his umma. Yoon hee wrapped her arms around his shoulders and pulled him close. She wondered what had happened ever since they left that night. When they got home, all the maids came over to help clean Taemin, giving him clean clothes, giving him food and even washing him which made him blush and all the maids cooed over him like he was a new born baby. Once he was settled down, he was wearing some of Minho’s old clothes but they were still a bit too big for him.

                “You’re name’s Lee Taemin right? What were your parents’ names? Do you remember?” Taemin slowly nodded his head; it’s been a long time since anyone has ever asked him that.

                “My umma’s name was Lee Min Ae and my appa’s name was Lee Daehyun” Yoon hee nodded, she had finally found him. She had been looking for 18 years and she had finally found them.

                “What happened to your umma and appa? Are they still here?” Taemin began to tear up.

                “Appa died and left us when I was 8 years old, my umma told me it was a car accident, and it was so sudden. After that, we got kicked out of our house and were forced to live on the streets for 2 years until I was 10 years old. This man saw my umma and liked her because she was very beautiful; he also treated me well, just like his own. However, it all changed when my umma got sick and died when I was 14 years old, after she died, the man changed. He would always beat me and make me do everything around the house. Soon, it got worse as he started drinking, he would come home drunk and sometimes he would mistaken me as my umma and would try to- try to-“ Taemin was sobbing now, his whole body was shaking. Yoon hee tried to calm him down as she his hair and rubbed his back.

                “It’s ok, he’s gone now. He’s not going to hurt you anymore” after a few minutes, Taemin’s sobs became sniffles and hiccups as he wiped his tears.

                “Was he the one that threw you into the car and sold you to that place? Tell me Taemin, has he ever...touched you in that way?” Yoon hee felt her heart breaking, he was still a child and he had to go through these things. She felt relief when he shook his head.

                “He tried to, but every time I would lock myself in my room, I would only come out when he’s passed out. I’m so glad that madam saved me from that place. I would work here and give you back the cost of the earrings, I’ll do my best!” Taemin got up and bowed, he was really cute.

                “Instead of working for me Taemin, I have another job for you”