Chapter 1

My Love, My Fate

 

18 years later

                “Honey, wake up. It’s time for you to go to work” Minho’s umma, her name is Choi Yoon hee, she’s a very kind and loving mother, always taking care of her family while her son and her husband goes to work. When she is not cleaning or cooking, she would contact the private investigator, still trying to find her best friends and their baby.

                “Five more minutes, umma” Minho mumbled as he pulled the blanket over his head. Choi Minho, he listens to his parents really well and is considered a prodigy in the business world. However, whenever his parents try to find him a date, he would humiliate the girls in the worst way, making him appear to be a playboy even though he has never been in a relationship before. His umma decided to prepare breakfast in the mean time and went downstairs where her husband, Choi Dong Hoon was reading the newspapers.

                “Good morning, yeobo. Breakfast will be done soon, remember to come home for dinner tonight. I’m making your favourites” Dong hoon gently kisses his wife’s cheek before allowing her to continue into the kitchen.

                “I’ll make sure of that, I’ll cancel all of the meetings to come home and eat your loving dishes, yoeob” even though they’re not young anymore, they still act as if they’re newlyweds every day.After 10 more minutes, Minho finally appears in the kitchen, he greets his parents before seating down at the table.

                “Umma, are you still looking for Uncle Lee’s family? Why are you wasting so much money and time? For all we know, they might be dead right now” Minho starts to eat his food until he felt a smack at the back of his head.

                “Don’t say that! I know that there’s a slim chance of finding them, but we’ve got to try. Even if my best friends are dead, they still had a baby when they disappeared. I have a feeling that child is still alive and I’ll do whatever it takes to find them” his umma wiped a tear and continued to serve the food. Minho’s appa got up and wrapped his arms around his wife’s waist.

                “Don’t cry yeobo. You know how Minho is; he usually doesn’t think when he’s saying things, which are how he ends up offending so many people at work. Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll be able to find them someday” his umma nodded and ushered them to go to work. As soon as her husband and son left the house, she decided to clean the house. Even though they have many maids and butlers in the house, she likes to do things herself. After the maids insisted for her to take a rest, she decided to take a ride outside and maybe buy some groceries.

                “Madam, there appears to be an accident at the front, so we’ll have to take a detour” Yoon hee nodded and looked outside as the houses changed from mansions to poor looking houses. Yoon hee actually felt very lucky to have such a loving husband and son, some families were broken and were living in poverty. Just as soon the driver to a new street, Yoon hee told him to stop.

                “Madam, I don’t think it’s best to get out in these areas, these people are not the nicest” Yoon hee couldn’t hear what her driver said; all she could see was the boy in front of her. He was sitting in front of his house, crying with a small bag by his feet. When Yoon hee wanted to step closer, the door opened and a man stepped out, roughly grabbing the boy’s hair and dumping him into the car, driving off. Yoon hee immediately got into her car and told the driver to follow him, pretty soon, they reached an auction place. Judging by the look of it, it was probably illegal.

                “Today, you must keep everything from my husband, he must not know anything about today” the driver nodded and watched as his madam walked into the very sketchy place, scared for her safety. When Yoon hee arrived inside, she saw a bunch of men sitting by the stage as if waiting for a show to start. After a few seconds, she knew what ‘show’ it was.

                “Welcome everyone! Today, we have a very special guest with us. He’s barely legal and is still a . Once you purchase him, you would be able to determine that, I’ll make sure he’s unable to defend himself, no matter what you do to him” the crowd went wild and cat whistled when the guest came out.

                “Everyone, I give you Lee Taemin!”