Chapter 18

My Love, My Fate

                “Mr. Lee, please give me some time. Give me one month, I’ll take care of him and if he doesn’t want to be with me then, I’ll give up and return him back to you” Taekyung looked at Minho and was hesitant. He knew that Minho didn’t mean to hurt his son but he doesn’t know what’s going to happen in the future.

                “I’ll give you that one month. In the end if Taemin says he never wants to see you again, I’m taking him with me to Japan you’ll never get to see him again. However, in the end it’s all up to Taemin to whether he wants to live with you for that one month or not” Minho bowed and thanked Taekyung for giving him one more chance. Minho waited until Taemin fell asleep so he could sneak into the room. He sat beside his bed and gently held his hand.

                “Taemin, I never meant to hurt you. Please give me another chance to love you” Minho leaned forward and kissed Taemin’s forehead before falling asleep beside him.

                The next morning, Taemin woke up and felt someone holding his hand. He looked down and saw that it was the man claiming to be his fiancé. He had to admit that he was handsome but something in his heart told him to not trust him. It was as if the man had done something that had hurt him deeply. The hand around his felt familiar and comfortable, he didn’t want to let go but he didn’t even know him. When Taemin pulled his hand away, Minho stirred and Taemin watched as those mesmerizing eyes opened and looked up at him.

                “You’re up Taemin? How are you feeling?” Minho watched as Taemin continued to stare at him. He knew that things wouldn’t be like before, not yet anyways.

                “I talked to your appa and he said if you want, you can continue to live with me. Do you want to continue to stay with me?” Taemin just looked at Minho, so before he was living with him? How come he has no memories whatsoever?

                “I-I’m okay, just feeling a bit sore” Taemin nervously looked at Minho, even though part of his heart told him not to trust Minho, the other part felt a certain kind of attraction to him.

                “Did I live with you before all this happened?” Minho nodded and he saw Taemin thinking before speaking again.

                “So my appa said that I can live with you if I want to?” Minho nodded again; he didn’t want Taemin to feel as if he was forcing him into anything.

                “I-I guess I’ll stay with you, but I want to visit the person named Key once in a while. He’s nice, I like him” Taemin gave Minho a small smile and he received one back. Just then a nurse came in, interrupting the moment.

                “Mr. Lee, after another exam, you should be able to leave tomorrow but be careful and if you feel any pain, remember to immediately report back to us” Taemin nodded and thanked the nurse. The next day, Minho came and helped Taemin pack up his belongings. Taekyung appeared as well and gave Minho the usual warning. By the time Taemin got home, it was already lunch time. Minho had told his parents about Taemin’s situation so they kept their distance as to now scare the boy.

                “So Taemin, how do you like the food? I can tell them to make something else if it’s not to your liking” Taemin smiled and said it was his favourite food.

                “How did you know what I like to eat? Everything here is my favourite” Taemin said between mouthfuls, ever since he’s been left with his step-father, he never went to sleep on a full stomach.

                “We just guessed lucky I guess; eat as much as you want since it’s your favourite. We also have banana milk in the kitchen if you want it as your dessert” Minho chuckled as he saw Taemin’s eyes light up. It was like a kid seeing his presents on Christmas morning. Even though it was Taemin’s ‘first’ time meeting Minho’s umma, he felt really comfortable with her; it was like another umma was by his side.

                That evening, Taemin was getting ready to go to bed when he realized that he didn’t ask Minho where he was going to sleep. He started to look around and found a room that looked really comfortable, he stepped inside and gently sat on the bed. Taemin looked around and even though everything felt really new to him, it somehow felt as if this was his room. He lied down and pulled the blanket over his tired body. Slowly, the thoughts in his head started to disappear and sleep overtook him.

                Half an hour after Taemin fell asleep, Minho went up to his room and got ready to go sleep, he opened the door and the sight surprised him. Sleeping on his bed like always was Taemin, curled up on his side. Carefully, Minho walked over to the bed and climbed into the bed; he draped the covers over both their bodies and gently wrapped his arms around Taemin’s sleeping body. He finally felt at ease when he felt Taemin shifting and pressing his back against Minho’s chest. It was as if nothing had changed and they were just sleeping together after another beautiful day together. 

 

A/N Sorry for the short chapter and for taking so long, it's been quite a busy month for me and with some writer's block, it was horrible.