.

Dysfunctional Relationship

Jessica slowly walked in to the kitchen. The only times her mum were this serious was when they either discussed school or Krystal's condition. Since it was summer break, Jessica feared it would be the second option... She sat down on a chair in the kitchen while her mum prepared tea. Jessica looked around nervousily and wondered what could be wrong. Then her mother handed her a cup and sat down opposite of her.

- Jessica. She said seriously.

Jessica nodded.

- I know there has been a lot going on lately. Her mother continued.

- It's been a stressful enviroment here and I know school is tiring. She looked at Jessica for confirmation.

- Yes I guess. Jessica shrugged.

- And lately...we've been a bit worried about you. Her mother looked uncomfortable as she spoke.

- About me ? Why ? Jessica felt nervous and she wasn't sure she liked where this was going.

Jessica's mum sighed and drank some of her tea, it seemed like she was really uncomfortable with this conversation.

- Jessica we got a health report from your school before summer break... This past year you've lost 29 lbs. Her mother looked out of the window.

- You're only 84 lbs and that's really unhealthy you know. 

Jessica just stared at her mum, this must've been the last thing she had ever expected her to say.

- Tomorrow I'm taking you to the doctor. Her mother finally looked back at her.

- Your homeroom teacher said you haven't been going to lunch either, is that true ? Her mum sounded...angry ?

- That has nothing to- Jessica began but was cut off.

- Jessica, is that the truth ? Her mother demanded.

- So what ?! Now Jessica was angry too.

- Jessica you know you have to eat, you're not that foolish.

- You don't know ! Jessica shouted, foolish, her mother called it foolish ?!

- Don't yell at me ! We're dealing with this wether you want to or not.

- There is nothing to deal with ! This is the least of my problems ! Jessica screamed.

Her mother looked at her in silence, Jessica couldn't really read her expression but it wasn't a good one she knew that much. Suddenly she felt hopeless, her mother really didn't know her, didn't knew about her issues. Though that really wasn't very strange, it's not like she talked to her mother about anything but Krystal. And her dad ? Well right now she didn't even know where he was, somewhere working, leaving the rest of them here.

- Jessica...you're going. Her mother said sternly.

- I hate you! Jessica said slowly with clenched teeth.

Her mother looked at her like she couldn't believe her and Jessica smiled as she walked off, even if she still was so angry that her body was trembling. There was some satisfaction she had not felt in a long time when she looked at her mother. As soon as she got out in the hallway though, she felt the tears burn in her eyes. She tried to hold them back but soon she felt them running down her cheeks. She didn't want to go up to her room since her mum would more than likely follow her and locking herself in the bathroom would obviously only complicate things. She wiped away the tears and put on her shoes. She walked out in the garden and for some reason she didn't know she crawled inside the bushes at the corner of their garden. It was so horribly familiar, she, Tiffany and Krystal used to play in here when they were kids. Inside the deep bushes were like a room. A pink heart shaped bucket lay half buried in the dirt, Jessica had almost forgotten about it. She smiled as the tears fell to the ground. What a bitter sweet feeling. She brushed of the bucket and put down in front of her. Then she saw something glitter in a glimpse of sunlight, she crawled towards it, not caring that she got leaves in her hair and dirt on her clothes. She picked it up, a bracelet. Silvery and pink rhinestones, must be Tiffany's. Jessica couldn't exactly remember but it sure wasn't hers. Her parentd didn't let her wear jewelry as a child, it wasn't proper they said. Jessica put the bracelet in her pocket. More tears ran down her cheeks, she hated thinking about the past, it always made her feel sad. Things were much less complicated in the past. She took up her phone and went through old texts, she got stuck at her old friends Sunny's ones. She felt heartbroken as she thought of the memories they shared together but then Sunny had moved to Spain. Although they had promised to keep in touch they had failed to do so, at first Jessica had texted her every day and called her quite often but it was expensive... After a while Sunny rarely replied and seemed indifferent about Jessica. Jessica had stopped, texting, calling, emaling and sending letters. Since that moment she never heard from Sunny untill one day when she went to the store Sunny's mother had owned before they moved. One of the workers told Jessica Sunny's parents had divorced each other and Sunny's mother had started acting and earned quite a lot of money. Also that Sunny was rumored to have a singing career going. Jessica realized Sunny must be busy then but she felt like friendship isn't just something you toss away just like that, even if you made a thousand new friends. Apparently Jessica was no where near as important to Sunny as Sunny was to Jessica. As time passed Jessica grew hatred and anger towards Sunny. All she felt when she thought about their memories and her wasted efforts was just that, hatred. She didn't know why she didn't delete the texts, maybe she wanted to feed her hatred. Maybe it was easier to hate that to miss someone. Suddenly she heard movement behind her and Jessica got so terrified she let out a scream as she turned around. On the other side of the bushes she heard another shocked scream and sound of something hitting the ground.

- Who is there !? A panicked voice asked.

Jessica look up to see a familiar face through the leaves, Yoona.

- It's Jessica. She said embarrassed and tried to hide her face behind the leaves.

- What in the world, come out of there, you scared me half to death ! Yoona yelled.

The last thing Jessica wanted was to crawl out of a bush all dirty and teary to get scolded by her new neighbour but she couldn't think of any reason not to do so, so she crawled out and stood up in front of Yoona.

- I didn't mean to give you a fright... Jessica's cheeks burned red from embarrassment and she couldn't look at Yoona.

- Well what on earth are you doing in there at this hour ?! Yoona's eyebrows almost knitted together.

- I was just... Jessica shrugged, she herself wasn't even sure what she was doing.

- Oh really... Yoona started picking up apples she had carried in a basket.

- Sorry... Jessica began to help her pick the apples up, she noticed now the sun was going down.

- Help me carry these inside, will you ? Yoona pointed to another basket.

- Eh ?! Jessica shocked.

- Please. Yoona pleaded.

- S-sure. Jessica picked it up and followed Yoona inside.

Jessica felt both excited and scared as she followed Yoona inside the sisters house. She didn't know what to expect. The hallway was small and had no lights Jessica realized as darkness made it hard to see where she was. Thankfully she heard Yoona's steps in front of her so Jessica just followed her. They entered the kitchen which thankfully had a lamp hanging over the kitchen table. The room looked extremely old and ugly and Jessica felt extremely sorry for the girls. Their previous house had been so much fancier than this and Jessica didn't even dare to think about how their bedrooms must look...

- Thank you, dear. Yoona said and smiled.

Jessica nodded and bowed lightly.

- Do you want some water ? You look tired. Yoona said.

- Oh, yes please. Jessica realized she did feel tired.

- Here you go. She gave Jessica a glass and gestured for her to sit down.

- You should really try an apple, they're the best. Yoona glanced over at her.

- Oh thank you so much. Jessica smiled and took an apple.

She took a bite and it truly tasted amazing but just as she swallowed the first bite something made her drop the apple and the glass...