.

Dysfunctional Relationship

Jessica was at Tiffany's place. She sat on Tiffany's couch in her bedroom while the other made tea. She had been even more awkward around Tiffany than ususal since the whole Jihoon thing cleared out. The meeting at the psychologist's office hadn't exactly made things any less awkward. Especially since Tiffany thought Jessica and Jihoon were friends on the level of trusting one another at that point. Jessica thought the lie had almost made things more complicated than it would've been to tell her about her own problems but she couldn't take it back now. That would make seem like she and Jihoon were up to something and that really wasn't the case !

- Here you go. Tiffany gave Jessica a cup of tea and sat down beside her.

- Thanks. Jessica took the cup.

- So how long have you known Jihoon ? I didn't know you were friends. Tiffany said casually.

Jessica almost choked on her tea. Tiffany was straight forward as always apparently. Jessica desperately tried to think of something to say that seemed believable. Jessica thought about telling the truth for a while, "Oh you know he was just creeping up on me when he was drunk once and called you a witch and asked me to go out with him, you know, the ordinary." No, the truth was not the thing to say right now. Even if she really wanted to use her sarcastic tone and see Tiffany's shocked expression, the truth was too much of a move from her part. On the other hand it wasn't her fault, if she would've known that he was her boyfriend she wouldn't have said the things she said in the first place. Jessica froze and panic grew inside of her as she realized what she actually had told him. Oh dear god she had told him that she kissed a girl ! And might've even figured out it was Yuri by now ! He couldn't have mentioned it to Tiffany could he ?! Jessica was freaking out, what the heck was she supposed to do now ?! This mess was just tangling deeper down and tying more knots and the lies wasn't exactly helpful.

- Jessica hello ? Tiffany waved her hand in front of Jessica's face.

- Wh-what ? Jessica asked.

- Jihoon ? How do you know him ? Tiffany looked suspiciously at Jessica.

- Oh I uhm, we eh, met at the grocery store. Totally random, started talknig, a while ago. Jessica stumbled over her words.

- You talked to a stranger at the grocery store ?! Tiffany looked at Jessica oddly.

- Uh yeah, yes I guess that's how it happend... Jessica looked away.

- Wow...I didn't know you could do that. Remember when you didn't even dare to buy a soda haha. I always bought everything for you when we were younger. Tiffany smiled nostalgically at the memories.

- Yes... Jessica smiled, she felt strangely sad remembering it.

- I'll just use the toilet, be right back. Tiffany left.

Jessica drank some more of her tea. She didn't really deal well with strangers up until today either so that had been another lie. She was interrupted in her thoughts by a buzz and she looked aorund confused. It was Tiffany's phone. Then an idea struck her and she quickly grabbed it and looked through her contacts. She took up her own phone and added Jihoon's number. She was just puting Tiffany's phone back down when she noticed the reason it had buzzed. She had gotten a text from someone called Seon that contained info Jessica rather would've lived without. She was ting with someone ! Jessica marked the text not read and threw the phone on the bed. She was completely out of words. Then Tiffany came back and Jessica tried to act like she always did but so many things had changed between them these past day that Jessica felt like she was talking to a stranger. Tiffany seemed to have her thoughts somewhere else too. Jessica didn't know what say so she just sat there until she made an excuse to leave. She hugged Tiffany goodbye and to her surprise Tiffany held her embraced for much longer than she usually did.

- You know you're one of my best friends right ? She then said seriously and Jessica almost thought she was crying.

- Y-yes and your my bestfriend ! She smiled at the other feeling confused to no ends.

- Ok, well see you soon. Tiffany waved and closed the door as her smile faded.

Jessica stood outside the door for a while just trying to process. She had no clue what was going on anymore. Only a day ago she had felt like her friendship with Tiffany was ending and only a few weeks before that she had felt like it was eternal and no she felt like... she felt like she was befriending a new person though still desperatley clinging on to their past memories. The whole situation was just like something from a movie. Jessica shook her head at herself as she walked away from Tiffany's street. She decided to call Jihoon.

- Jihoon here. A dull vocie answered almost immediatley.

- Uh hi, this is Jessica Jung.

- Oh hi ! The voice changed and he sounded much happier.

- Uh yeah I just thought we should talk, I just kind of lied about how we met. Jessica was nervous about this conversation.

- Oh well thank god, it would've been awkward to tell the truth which by the way I apologize for.

- Eh it's ok, never mind that. Jessica kicked stones with her left foot as she wriggled awkwardly, regretting calling Jihoon.

- So what did you say ? Jihoon asked.

- Oh I said we met at a grocery store, seemed safe.

- It's casual, great.

- Uhm yeah... uh you didn't talk to her about me, did you ? Jessica bit her lip as she waited for his respond.

- No I didn't say anything about the psychologist, it'll be our little secret. Jihoon laughed.

- Great but...ehm I meant the first time...about what I told you... Jessica's heart was pounding like crazy in her chest now.

- Oh no, I thought I was the only one talking then ? I don't even remember what I said, you didn't mention it did you ?

- Uh what, no, no I didn't...I didn't realized you were that wasted. Jessica let out a breath she didn't even know she had been holding.

- Oh I'm so sorry if I said something horrible ! I shouldn't have been coming on to you but you're so gorgeous haha ! Jihoon laughed.

- Eh ?! It's alright !

- Ah good. Jihoon said.

- I uh have got to go. Jessica said.

- Oh sure, well I'll save your number. Let's hang out sometime !

- Uh yes sure, maybe all of us. Haha goodbye. Jessica wanted to say hell no but that would've taken the conversation forward.

- Ok sweetie I'll see you soon, bye.

- Mm...

And then they hung up. Jessica sighed and mentally face palmed. She didn't want to be involved in any drama, especially not with her bestfriend and this guy. She couldn't really place if she liked him or if he was shady. He seemed a little too relaxed talking to other girls or well at least talking to her since her bestfriend was his girlfriend. It was a bit uncomfortable that the guy who basically asked her to sleep with him was so casual around her no. Jessica also felt like she was betraying him a little. She knew he had donea lot and would probably do a lot more for Tiffany and then she was kind of cheating on him. She felt like she was holding a knife behind her back when she was talking to him. Jessica sighed, what kind of people got themselves in to messes like these, jeez. It's like a dramatic tv drama that she just didn't want to be a part of. She could feel that this was going to end badly somehow. She sighed...on top of this she was still not on good terms with her mother. She went on home and walked in to her house as quietly as she could to avoid talking to her mother. They had just awkwardly glared at each other this morning. She saw Krystal sitting by her desk in her room looking gloomy so she decided to talk to her. She wasn't really a pro at this older sister role of hers but it couldn't possibly hurt to try it every once in a while.

- Hi there, everything ok ? Jessica stuck her head in the door.

- No I'm tired all the time. Krystal responded and lay down over her desk.

- Why don't you sleep then ?

- Because I don't want to sleep away my life in a hospital. Krystal snapped and turned her head the other way.

- I know... Jessica didn't really know what else she could say.

- I'd like to be alone now ok, bye, close the door please. Krystal said still turned away from Jessica.

- You sure, I-

- Would you just close the ing door please ?! Krystal snapped again.

- Ok.

Jessica closed the door and walked in to her own room. She sighed and threw herself on her bed. What complete crap day this had been, if she could she would just sleep for the rest of her life. She rolled over on her stomach and reached for her computer and put on some music. A sad violin song, yup that was perfect for her mood. Her sleeeve had pulled up a bit and she stared at the pink whitish cuts on her wrist and poked them slowly.  After a while she rolled back onto her back and pressed a pillow over her head. She was sleepy but too frustrated to rest. Everything felt wrong but she didn't know what to do about it. What would make her feel alright ? Nothing...