.

Dysfunctional Relationship

Jessica tried to breathe but was unable to. She coughed for air and waved around trying to think clearly with the little air she had left in her lungs. She was choking, on a piece of apple. And the reason she was doing so was because of what she saw. She hadn't noticed it before since it was very dark in the hallway but now when the kitchen light reached there she could see something very concerning. Under the stairs was a wardrobe and the door was slightly open. Jessica knew what she saw in that opening. A coat...a very bloody coat in fact. It was freaking her out, she had been through enough wierd these past days. Her leg that made her unable to run reminded her of that now. Jessica couldn't run but strangely, she didn't feel the need to. There must be a logical explanation to this. It's not like they actually happend to have killed their parents after all. Although Jessica was beginning to think that everything was possible. She turned to Yoona who was staring at her by now.

- What the is that ? Jessica pointed coldly to the door and Yoona's eyes followed.

- Oh...I should've remembered. Yoona made no move.

- It's just a work coat I forgot to clean, I'm a vet.

- A what ? Jessica asked.

- I treat animals, I'm very good actually, I brought my work coat home to wash but I guess I forgot.

- Really... Jessica wasn't completely buying it.

- Do you work ? Yoona changed the subject.

- No...I'm in school. Jessica answered and noticed Yoona was avoiding her stare.

- Oh right.

- You knew ? Jessica felt more secure, she felt like Yoona was the weaker one here.

- Yul told me. Yoona picked up Jessica's dropped glass which apparently hadn't been broken in the fall.

- She did ? Jessica got a little surprised.

- Yes...said you were the same age as her. Yoona said carefully.

- Oh...by the way, how old are you ? Jessica couldn't remember if Yuri had told her that or not.

- I'm 23, Seohyun is 19 if you didn't know ? Yoona responded.

- Ok, no I didn't. I would've guessed you were younger.

- And I would've guessed you were older. Yoona then said.

Jessica didn't know what that was supposed to mean. Should she be insulted ? There was something wierd about the way Yoona had said it that made Jessica uneasy. It seemed like Yoona had relaxed a bit and now she was washing the apples. Jessica shot the bloody coat another stare. She didn't like having it behind her back. She didn't know still if she believed Yoona's excuse but why would she lie though ? There were really no normal reason, Jessica was just being paranoid, like she always was. She told herself this untill she believed it and relaxed too. She looked around, it truly was an ugly kitchen. Then Jessica heard a sudden loud noise and nearly tripped over herself as she turned around. Down the stairs came Yuri.

- Wha... Yuri stared at her with wide eyes, she looked more relaxed than Jessica had ever seen her.

- What are you doing here ? Yuri on a lollipop and looked interestingly at Jessica with shining eyes.

- I uh just...with the apples...in the garden... Jessica stumbled on her words.

- She helped me in the garden. Yoona helped Jessica out by finding the correct words for her.

Yuri stared at Jessica for a while with an amused look. Jessica began to blush and wriggle uncomfortably.

- Well you should come up stairs ! Yoona is no fun. Yuri said after a while.

- Yul that's- Yoona began but was cut off.

- Come on Jessica ! I'll show you. Yuri said happily.

- Ok. Jessica had never seen Yuri cheerful like this but she liked it.

- Yuri really that's not a- Yoona tried again.

- Shut up. Yuri's face expression made a complete turn around and she looked super pissed.

She then grabbed Jessica by the wrist and pulled her along, in the corner of her eye Jessica saw Yoona mouth a silent "". Yuri quickly pulled Jessica up the stairs. Jessica squealed and thought she was gonna fall but Yuri held her up and then they were on the second floor. Yuri laughed as she opened a door.

- Look ! Yuri gestured towards her room and Jessica walked passed her in to the room.

The room was all black, the walls, the floor, the ceiling. Even the bed and the bed sheets were completely black. A black chandelier hung from the ceiling and shone a surreal light in the room. There was only one window and outside you could see the back of their garden which Jessica had never seen before. In the darkness of the evening it looked completely dead. She snapped out from staring at it's ghostly atmosphere and turned her attention back to Yuri's room. Some of the drawings Jessica had seen at her old house now had been put up along the black walls. There was a few band prints too but Jessica didn't knwo any of them. A furry black carpet warmed her feet as she looked amazed around the room.

- So isn't it ok ? Yuri asked.

- It's cool. My mum wouldn't let me paint my room black.

- Stupid.

- Uh... Jessica didn't really know what to say.

- I don't like ordinary, normal people scare me. Yuri said with a sweet smile.

- Yes I guess...

- You only know. Yuri smiled even wider.

- What ? Jessica had troubles focusing on Yuri.

She was staring at a drawing, one she hadn't seen before, it was drawn on pink paper. It showed a light haired girl in a window brushing her hair. Jessica was about 90% sure she was staring at herself. She was kind of creeped out but amazed as well. She knew Yuri had talent but this was amazing. The girl on the picture wasn't smiling. That's when it hit Jessica. The note she had recevied in the mail, on pink paper. It told her to smile, Yuri must've drawed this just before that.

- You only know. Yuri repeated herself and sat down on the bed.

Jessica had no idea what that meant this time either so she decided she would just ignore it.

- I really like it. Jessica said and sat down on the bed beside Yuri.

- It's really you. Jessica turned to Yuri and smiled a little.

Yuri's face was confident and shone in a way Jessica hadn't thought was possible for Yuri. It was heart warming and Jessica really liked it, she wished Yuri would stay like this forever.

- Sica, you're so kind ! Yuri bursted out happily and wrapped her arms around Jessica.

Jessica smiled to herself and embraced Yuri too. Despite everything, she was happy to know Yuri.