.

Dysfunctional Relationship

Then came the most dreaded day of Jessica's life. Her mother was taking her to see a psychologist wether she wanted to or not. Jessica swallowed hard as they entered the building. Her mother went over to the receptiponist and Jessica sat down in the waiting room. Everyone looked as if waiting for the shrink was the most normal thing ever, only one guy, a few years younger than Jessica assumingly, who were there with his mother looked like he would rather be anywhere else than here. Except for him and Jessica herself, everyone seemed content with the situation.

- Ah Barbie, hi ! A familiar voice called out, it was the guy from yesterday.

- Don't tell me your girlfriend drove you to therapy ? Jessica tried to joke.

- Hahaha nah, we're back together, I just go here to talk about some things. The guy smiled.

Idiot, Jessica thought. You had to be really stupid to get back together with someone who had dumped you for your looks once. Jessica didn't get it at all. He should be pissed at her, not wanting her back. She kept this on her thoughts though, lashing her opinions at s guy she barrely knew seemed a little harsh.

- Good. She simply said.

- Yesterday I realized you must know her, I remembered seeing you before. He continued.

- Really ? Jessica too remembered seeing the boy before but she couldn't remember when.

- Yes, my friend threw a basketball at you and then your friend threw one at me. The guy laughed.

- That was you ?! Jessica nearly shouted.

- Yes. The guy laughed and scratched his head.

- YOU'RE DATING YURI ?! Jessica screamed.

- What, who ? No my girlfriend's name is Tiffany. He said.

- Wha- wait what ?! Jessica was so confused.

This guy was dating her best friend ? How come she had never heard of him ?! And how could Tiffany be the girlfriend he told her about yesterday ? Tiffany wasn't like that. Jessica was completely stunned.

- We haven't been together that long. The guy said.

- I'm Han Jihoon by the way. He smiled.

- Oh, Jessica Jung. Jessica mumbled, still trying to fit his story together.

- Didn't you say your girlfriend dumped you beacuse of your looks ? Jessica suddenly asked.

- Yeah, I changed my hair, much better looking right now yes ? He said.

- Oh. Jessica hadn't noticed.

- She is picking me up by the way, I think she is here now. Jihoon looked around.

Then a red headed girl walked through the door and looked around. It was Tiffany. She walked towards them.

- Hi ! Jihoon tried to hug her but she avoided him.

- You really have to stop going here, it's embarrassing. Tiffany whispered, then she noticed Jessica.

- Jess ? What are you doing here ? She said looked shocked.

- Hi, I...um...I just... Jessica panicked and didn't know what to say.

- She just walked me here earlier and decided to wait, we're friends hehe. Jihoon lied and winked at Jessica.

- Oh really ? Do you like need to be supervized though you're not a child. Tiffany glared at Jihoon.

- Sorry for bothering you, we'll be on our way ! Jihoon said and gave Jessica a look.

- Uh y-yes, I uh just need to use the toilet, I'll get home by myself, bye ! Jessica walked off before they could respond.

She looked back and saw Jihoon and Tiffany disappear. She sighed with relief. She couldn't believe Jihoon was the basketball guy and Tiffany the girlfriend. Jessica shook her head, universe worked in mysterous ways sometimes.

A few minutes later she got called in to the shrink's office. She got asked a lot of stupid questions such as why she was acting like she was and what her intentions were. Jessica was stunned once again, she couldn't believe this was supposed to help people. How was she supposed to know why she was the way she was ? Intentions ? She didn't even have any intentons. Was she depressed ? Was she anorexic ? Was she suicidal ? No, the answer was always no. But ofcourse it wasn't completely true. The more she thought about it she realized she was kind of depressed. Rather than saying she was depressed the correct way should be to say she had issues that made her depressed. The anxiety she had as soon as she walked out her house, it made her just want to die. Ofcourse she was depressed about her sister's state, anyone would be depressed about that. Most of the things coming out of the shrinks mouth seemed like bull to Jessica. This wasn't anything she didn't already know.

It was decided Jessica would have to go there once a week throughout summer. Jessica did her best to argue with her mother not to have her go there, said it wasn't going to help, that it was going to stress her out and make her more depressed. Her mother wasn't having it though, Jessica would absolutely have to go wether she wanted to or not. Her mother took her shopping, as if that would make her feel better. The whole ride home they took turns in screaming at on another and when they were finally home Jessica couldn't stand seeing her mother anymore. She walked off in a fast pace not caring that her mother was shouting at her to get back. Jessica wished her dad was here but he had been home a short while before he took off for work again. He would've at least tried to understand her side of the story and her feeling. At this point she felt like her mother didn't really give a about her, she just wanted a perfect daughter, another Krystal.

- Hey Jessica. Someone called out her name from behind.

Jessica spun around and saw Yuri jogging up to her.

- Hi... She answered.

- I heard you fighting with your mother and then you ran off...I just thought maybe you could need a...friend ? Yuri mumbled.

Jessica kept walking forward, anger disappearing with every step.

- Hi. She said.

- Hi... Yuri said and started following Jessica.

- Is Seohyun alright ? Jessica asked.

- Uhm, I think so...why ?

- Just wondering.

- Ok...are you okay ? Yuri sounded worried so Jessica stopped and turned around.

Jessica took a deep breath and told Yuri everything that had happend. She cursed and shouted about the stupid shrink and even made Yuri like kind of sad. She calmed down. Then she told her about Tiffany. Jessica didn't think her relationship with Tiffany would be the same after they met at the psychologist's earlier this day. Not only because Tiffany probably didn't buy that story about her just taking Jihoon there but also because Jessica saw something in Tiffany for the first time. She noticed how Tiffany treated others, it was a whole lot of different from how she treated Jessica. Tiffany had always been looking out for Jessica because she was strong and Jessica so weak in every way. Tiffany had always deffended and included Jessica when everyone else probably just didn't want to deal with her. Their relationship was a bit special but it had never hit Jessica that maybe she wasn't this nice and acceptable towards everyone. Just the Jihoon example made Jessica feel like she didn't know Tiffany at all and even like she didn't want to know her. But Jessica didn't want to let go of Tiffany, her best friend. She wanted to be oblibious and not realize reality, she wanted to keep thinking of Tiffany like she always had. But there was no going back now, she knew another side of her. She didn't like it...

- You can't trust anybody in this world, you can't trust your mother to have your back and you can't trust your best friend because in the end you can never really know people... Jessica stared at the ground.

- You really can't. Yuri said.

Jessica looked up in shock, she didn't think she would make any sense. Yuri was looking up at the stars. Jessica walked over to her, wrapped her arms around her and rested her cheek on her shoulder. She didn't want to think anymore, it was making her tear up but she wasn't going to cry, not this time. She felt Yuri slowly relax and then a pair of arms embraced her.

- It doesn't have to be like that...