.

Dysfunctional Relationship

Jessica was having breakfast with the rest of her family, she wasn't really eating though. She moved the cereals around making it look like she had been eating. Her mum never noticed but somehow her sister was giving her a concerned look this day. Jessica shifted uncomfortable and counted the seconds. She was really low today and she didn't want to eat and she didn't want to move. She drank some milk but soon had enough. She excused herself although her sister were giving her worried glances. It made Jessica angry, she hated being noticed in that kind of way. She hated worried eyes. She walked in her room and dropped down on the floor. She looked around her room and then grabbed som papers and pencils to start drawing with. Jessica wasn't that good at it but her sister was a pro and she had taught Jessica some useful things.

After being in her own world for a while she was disturbed by her phone beeping. Jessica unlocked her iphone and opend a new message. It was from her bestfriend Tiffany. The two of them had been friends forever and she was probably Jessica's only real friend. Tiffany was reminding Jessica that school ended next week, it was time for summer break. Jessica got a feeling of discomfort in her stomach just from thinking about it. She hated cermonies like that, with lots people. Maybe she could fake illness...

The two girls decided to meet at Jessica's house since her mother was out and her sister was resting on the living room couch, they wouldn't be disturbed or disturb anyone. A few minutes later the doorbell chimes and Jessica walks down to let her friend in. She and Tiffany embraces each other, it's been a while since they hung out. Jessica made some lemonade and they went outside to sit in the sun for a while.

- Why are you wearing long sleeves ? It's so hot today. Tiffany fans herself with her hand.

- Eh, all my other clothes are in the laundry. Jessica lied.

- Haha, I think you should stop being lazy and wash them, it's only getting hotter you know ? Tiffany laughs.

- Haha yeah I guess. Jessica smiles awkwardly.

The girls chat on for a while about summer and school. Tiffany tries to convince Jessica that the year end cermonies won't be as bad as she thinks. But how much fun could singing stupid summer songs, eating cake and getting grades be ? She hated those stupid songs and she didn't usually like cake and her grades wasn't that good this year. And then all the popular teens would throw parties and go to each others parties. Jessica knew about at least 15 parties that would be held the first weeks of summer but she wasn't popular. She had been invited to 2 and one of them was Tiffany's. The other one she wasn't planning to go to. She had been invited by one of the guys in her class who had been hitting on her when they first met. She couldn't figure out  why he had invited her since they hadn't talked for at least 2 months. Anyway it was a pool party so she couldn't go...didn't want to go. Tiffany had invited her even though she had made it clear she didn't want to. At least 50 people from their school would come and Jessica didn't want to meet a single one of them. However she couldn't turn down her bestfriend and Tiffany had even promised to make sure she had fun and wasn't an outcast.

- Oh, do you have new neighbours ? Tiffany points towards a girl who is planting flowers in the garden next to Jessica's.

The girl looks up then and looks right at them and Tiffany who is still pointing right at her quickly waves instead.

- Hi ! Tiffany smiles her typical sweet smile.

- Let's walk over and say hi.  She says then and drags Jessica with her.

Jessica once again got a shock. She thought Yuri and Yoona had looked extremely alike but this was on another level. She almost thought it was Yuri but then realized it must be Seohyun. Before she spoke Jessica was certain it was Yuri but then her voice was completely different. They looked like twins, she wondered if they were actually. Yuri hadn't told her what age her sisters were.

- Hi, nice to meet you. The girl bows.

- Hello, this is Jessica and I'm Tiffany. Tiffany points to Jessica and smiles.

- Ah, I'm Seohyun. She bows shyly again.

- Nice to meet you and welcome. Jessica smiles and shake her hand.

- Thanks, thanks a lot, do you live here ? She looks at the both of them.

- Oh I'm just visiting but she lives here. Tiffany answers.

- Ah, I just moved here.

- Oh yes I met your sisters. Jessica says.

- Oh ok, nice.

- Well, see you around. Tiffany says and Jessica nods.

The girls walk back to the bench they were sitting on.

- Well she was very nice, how are the others ? Tiffany asks when they've sat down again.

- Yes she was, actually they look exactly the same.

- Really ? Are they close in age ?

- Yes they're like triplets ! Seems like it but I don't know their ages except that one of them is our age.

- Oh really ? Where does she go to school ? Tiffany looked more interested.

- She's homeschooled actually.

- Oh, cool.

- Yes. Jessica sipped on her lemonade.

- Well I have to go, it's getting late. See you Jessie ! Tiffany announced as she stood up.

Jessica walked her out of the house and promised for the 100th time that she would go to her party. After that she decided to help her mother with dinner. Neither of them liked to cook so it took both of them to get something done in the kitchen. Her sister apparently wasn't feeling well so Jessica took both of their plates up to Krystal's room. Jessica thought about how nice Krystal had been to her lately and felt a little sad for not spending so much time with her. She walked in to her sister's room and put the plates on her night stand. She tapped the sleeping girl lightly on the shoulder and she slowly turned around and opend her eyes.

- Hi. Jessica said lightly.

- I brought some food up if you are hungry.

- Oh I am, thank you sis. Krystal sat up. She saw that there were two plates and smiled brightly.

Jessica pulled a stool to the night stand and sat down. She looked around her sisters room, not a thing were out of place.

- It's really good ! Did you make this ? Krystal smiled and pointed to the food.

- Oh thanks, no me and mum did but she did the most of it. Jessica smiled back.

- Oh, still good. Krystal laughed.

- Yes. Jessica agreed.

There was a minute of silence before Jessica broke it.

- So, have you met the new neighbours yet ?

- Yes I did, Seohyun and Yoona seemed really nice. Krystal said happily.

- Yes I think so too, you didn't meet Yuri ?

- Yuri ? I didn't know there were three of them. Krystal said and gave Jessica a surprised look.

- Oh yes there are, she is the youngest I think, she is my age.

- Oh, no I haven't seen her.

- Ah ok, I'll introduce you some time. Jessica smiled.

Krystal smiled too and the sisters continued their conversation for a while before Jessica took down the dishes. Ir felt like she was getting closer to Krystal and that made her happy. Her mother seemed to have noticed that as well and she hugged Jessica randomly and thanked her for looking out for her younger daughter. Jessica smiled to herself, today had been such a good day.