.

Dysfunctional Relationship

Jessica followed Yuri to the front door, Yuri quickly unlocked it and walked inside. Jessica looked around amazed in the big hallway. Furniture covered in plastic made the place seem ghost like. Yuri walked on in to the house and Jessica had to run to catch up.

- Woah this is really- Jessica began.

- Huussssshhhhhh. Yuri cut Jessica off.

- Stay silent.

Jessica nodded as Yuri gave her a scary expression. Yuri almost ran from room to room and then jumped up the stairs vigoursly. Jessica tried her best to keep up with the other girl but she was starting to get exhausted, the walk there had been longer than expected after all. So she sat down at the bottom of the stairs while Yuri ran around looking for things. Jessica looked around. The furniture seemed old and rather expensive which reminded Jessica of something she had been wondering for a while, where were Yuri's parents ? They didn't live together now, she knew that but did that mean they were dead or...? What else ? Jessica thought about it for a while, it seemed rude and strange to ask her that all of a sudden. There was no way her and her sisters could pay for this house and the stuff in it, Jessica realized. That must mean that their parents or at least one of them had lived her with them and supported them. Jessica grew nervous and suddenly wondered how Yuri was holdidng up.

- Yuri ? Jessica called and stood up.

No answer. Jessica looked around nervously, should she just stay put or should she go up stairs. Yuri could be quiet scary after all and Jessica didn't want to piss her off. What if she was sad though ? Jessica couldn't just stand around.

- Yuri ? Jessica tried again and finally walked up the stairs.

Still no answer and Jessica felt sincerely worried and barely dared to breathe in the silence. She came to hallway at the top of the stairs. The walls were a light purple-ish colour and the furniture were really dark brown and more simple than the ones in the living room down stairs. The furniture here weren't covered in plastic. The floor was of some grey kind of wood with a black carpet and there was a single window. There were plenty of doors leading in to other rooms but they were all closed. Jessica thought Yuri wouldn't mind if she looked around since she had just left her down stairs but she still felt a bit guilty as she opened the first door to her right. The room was a bedroom, and Jessica stared in awe at all the cute furniture. The room was huge !

- They're like royalty... Jessica mumbled.

Jessica honestly thought the room could've belonged to a princess. The enormous room was light pink and there was a bed in the far away corner with curtains you could pull around it. Jessica walked in and just stared at all the space, the room had to huge windows which let in the evening sun. She didn't even dare to touch anything because it looked so expensive. Jessica carefully bent over a pink sofa and looked out the window behind it. The view was amazing and so was their garden she realized. Jessica sighed, this was such a perfect room. She then spotted a photo on the wall over an arm chair and she walked over there. A class photo, so this wasn't Yuri's room, not that she thought so anyhow since Yuri wasn't really the princess type. She scanned the photo to see if she could see Yoona or Seohyun on it and soon spotted a tall slim figure standing in the back row. Yoona, she thought, she had a slimmer face and body than both Yuri and Seohyun. So Yoona was the princess who used to live here, it suited her. Jessica snapped out of her princess dreams and left the room, now she was really curious to see the others bedrooms. She carefully opened the second door from the hallway and entered.

- Oh my... Jessica began but lost her words.

If possible, this room was even more princess like, or maybe even queen like. Jessica couldn't believe some people lived like this, it was even prettier than the girl's rooms in tv dramas ! The bed was even built in to the wall ! Jessica just stared with open. She spun around and sighed, how she wished her family could affored bedrooms like this. She walked over to the desk where three diplomas had caught her interest. They all belonged to Seohyun, no wonder. She was so polite and she looked smart. Ofcourse she was a good girl, two of the diplomas were for charity and one was for swimming. Jessica had never gotten a diploma for anything. There was a photo album lying on the desk as well but it wasn't open and Jessica resisted the urge to open it because it wouldn't feel right going through a stranger's things. She walked out of the room and resisted the urge to open the closet on her way out, she shouldn't be so curious. In the hallway she stopped because she thought she had heard a sound.

- Yuri are you there ? Jessica asked nervousily.

No response. Oh well, she was actually enjoying checking out the house on her own. She walked over to the other side of the hallway and opened the first door. It revealed yet another bedroom but this one was different, first of all, it wasn't pink.

- Must be Yuri's... Jessica spoke to herself as she walked inside.

The room was much smaller than the other two rooms and the walls were blue and white with flowers on. The bed was big though she thought. Nothing in the room actually revealed who lived there but since there were only one person left it had to be hers. The room had an open fire place but it wasn't in use and was instead used as a place to put things. Drawings was what Yuri had put there, and they were amazing. Yuri had insane skills Jessica realized, but the theme was kind of dark. Lots of empty rooms, empty roads and crying eyes made up the themes of her drawings. Jessica felt a little uncomfortable all of a sudden so she left the room. She tried the next room instead which was a pretty big and fancy bathroom. Whoever built this house obviously had great taste and loads of money. Jessica tried the last door but to her surprise it was locked.

- Yuri ? Jessica guessed and knocked carefully on the door.

- Yes ? Said a voice behind her.

Jessica jumped and squealed.

- Oh my god. She put a hand on her heart which had skipped a beat.

- I scared you. Yuri said and for a second she had kind of a crazy look on her face.

It dissappeared in a second and Jessica wasn't sure it even happend but she felt uneasy and was unable to answer. However Yuri's expression suddenly grew cold and her voice sounded even deader than it usually did when she spoke.

- You can't go in there.

Jessica didn't understand at first but then she realized she was still holding on to the door knob of the locked door with one hand.

- Oh I'm sorry. She quickly stepped away from the door and got closer to Yuri. She flushed in embarassment and avoided eye contact with Yuri. Or well, she tried to avoid it.

- No I'm sorry. Yuri reached out and placed her hand on Jessica's cheek and tilted her head back towards her and met Jessica's warm eyes.

- I shouldn't have brought you here so late. Yuri seemed sincerely sorry and it confused Jessica.

- L-late ? Jessica thought it was only early evening. Although she wasn't able to think clearly with Yuri's hand burning on her already burning cheeks.

- Yes, we missed the last bus and it'll take too long to walk back. Yuri's hand fell from Jessica's cheek.

- I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked you to come. Yuri's voice was apologetic and she looked down the floor.

- It's...um, ok. Jessica had never seen Yuri being so emotinal and it was...odd.

- It's ok ! It's really no problem, you know summer break, late is ok ! Jessica rambled like an idiot.

- Oh ! In that case, would you like to stay ? Yuri's he flew up and her eyes were glittering.

- Sure ! Jessica said without even thinking, Yuri's behaviour was putting her out of control.

- You're probably hungry but I only have candy, I hope it's ok. Yuri looked hopefully at Jessica.

- It's perfect. Jessica smiled reasuringly at the for the moment insecure Yuri.

- Great, come on in. Yuri walked in to her room and Jessica walked in for the second time today.

She was right about the rooms then. Yuri walkde down stairs to get a bowl to put the candy in instead of the bag she had in her back pack. She insisted Jessica would sit down on the bed meanwhile and so Jessica did. The sheets were light blue like the walls and the bed was really soft and comfortable. Jessica thought about her own room, she didn't have nice looking bed like this. The only impressing thing about her room was her shoe collection. Although she wore her converse almost all the time she still couldn't stop herself from buying nice shoes when she saw them. It was like an addiction. Then Yuri came back in to the room and interrupted Jessica's thoughts.

- Here, have some. Yuri put the bowl of candy in Jessica's lap.

- Oh thank you.

Apparently Yuri was back to her normal or rather unnormal self because her voice and face were once again expressionless. They ate the candy in silence and Yuri went back down stairs once again to get them some water. Jessica suddenly remembered she hadn't told her mum about her plans to sleep over here so she took up her phone to write her a text. Jessica got shocked seeing her lock screen, it was almost 11pm already and her mum had already sent her a text wondering where she was. Jessica was about to respond when she realized it would be wierd telling her mum the truth, that she was sleeping at a strangers old place. Yeah, no way her mum would agree with that. She decided to lie and texted her back that she was sleeping at Tiffany's. Her mum quickly answered that it was okay and wished her good night. Then Yuri came back in to the room and handed Jessica some water. Jessica drank quickly and put the glass down on to the floor.

Yuri was putting some things away, including her drawings. Jessica pretended not to notice, she didn't want to cause any more awkwardness between the two of them. Yuri then turned to her closet and started looking around, there weren't much clothes left, she had probably already moved the most to her new house, then it hit Jessica.

- Is it really ok for us to stay here ? Jessica asked.

- Sure. Yuri said.

- Here, put it on. Yuri handed Jessica a t-shirt.

- Eh ? Jessica stared at it.

- You can't sleep in your clothes. Yuri sighed at Jessica's stupidity.

Jessica nodded in agreement and was about to go out to the bathroom when Yuri took of her shirt. Jessica quickly jumped out the door and closed it behind her. She leaned in against it in panic, what kind of person changes in front of a stranger like that ?! But then again Yuri wasn't exactly the most normal person in the world.

- But really... Jessica shook her head.

Yuri really wasn't shy. Jessica walked in to the bathroom and changed in to the t-shirt. It was loose and too big for her which was good since she didn't have any pants. There was only one big problem. The shirt was sleeveless. Jessica stared at her arm, it was in a horrible condition, not even healed properly and she still wore band aids. She would have to wear her own thick sweatshirt on top of it. Jessica sighed and put it on, it wasn going to be so hot. She brushed her teeth with her finger and soap since there was no toothpaste and went on the toilet before she walked back in to Yuri's room. Yuri had changed and sat on the bed, apparently waiting for Jessica.

- You can't wear that, you're going to die. Yuri pointed at Jessica's sweatshirt.

- Nah, I'll be alright. Jessica tried to sound like it was no big deal.

- No really, the air conditioner is off since the power is off.

- But I'm naturally cold. Jessica tried.

- You don't have to be shy. Yuri looked amused now.

- That's not it ! Jessica was starting to get flustered.

- I won't look at your s, I promise. Yuri said but didn't seem serious at all as she smirked.

- Why you-

- Come on, take it off or I will. Yuri stood up.

- No, no ! Fine, I'll take it off ! Jessica sighed deeply...and took off her sweatshirt.