Chapter 9

Majestic & Pride
A SHORT CHAPTER, BUT I WANTED TO END THE CHAPTER GOOD :P WELL ENJOY IT AND THANK YOU FOR THE LOVELY COMMENTS. ^__^

"Is there a problem?" asked Dr. Ok. The couple swiftly averted their eyes from each other. Yesung almost went in the wrong, wanting to glance at the emperor when he remembers Dr.Ok's words earlier. 'You are not allowed to look at the emperor straight in the eyes unless he gives you permission. Always keep your head low when walking up to him, with graceful steps. Also, address him as my lord at the end of your words. Keep that in mind!' Thus Yesung hang his head low while walking towards the emperor with graceful steps. But in his mind he had many questions regarding Siwon. 'What was he doing here?' 'Was he, as an imperial policemen allowed to touch the empress in such a manner, or even touch at all?' 
 
 
Once Yesung sat on his knees the emperor spoke. "Is this the person you we're talking about, Seungwon?" Dr. Ok nodded in respond. Emperor Byunghun averted his eyes back to the uke. "What is your name?" "K-Kim Yesung, my lord." Emperor Byungun shifted on his throne. "Lift your head up." As Yesung did, emperor Byungun almost gasped. Siwon tried reading his father's face but that was quite difficult behind the red silk. Then he looked at Yesung, noticing how lucky they are that their staring did not bring them any danger...yet? "You are male, correct?" spoke emperor Byungun "Y-yes." Siwon knows that Yesung is uncomfortable and that is understandable with his father's piercing looks. But Siwon finds he has been staring at Yesung's face for too long. "That is a pity. You could have ended up as my daughter-in-law." Siwon almost choked while Yesung eyed him with widened eyes. Dr.Ok cleared his throat. "My lord, we would like to start the operation on Her majesty." Emperor Byungun nodded in approval. 
 
 
Yesung knotted his hair upwards and with the equipment he brought and his knowledge, began he examining. The way he moved with his hands, so neatly so taut, you couldn't do anything but admire his skills. He only used his hands, not having touched his equipment yet. "Uhm..." said Yesung and looked at Dr. Ok. "What is it?" ".Well...the empress isn't poisoned but has an allergic reaction." "Allergic reaction?" said he, everyone in shock. "What is that? An a-all-" "It's called allergy." filled Seungwon in for the emperor. "That is when your body reacts to normal products as if they are pathogens." "S-so what now?" asked emperor Byungun in panic. As Yesung restarts the operation he also explains what he does. "First I'll use acupuncture to control the flowing of the blood in her veins. But only the bad blood." "What is bad blood?" asked emperor Byunghun. "The blood that is infected and isn't of good use to the body." "And what will you do?" "As is said before, I'm controlling her blood flow with acupuncture. It's to separate the infected blood from the good. I wall draw out the blood at one spot of her body and close it with a bandage. Now in order to determine which food has poisoned her, we must look at what she has eaten today." "P-poison?! But you said it was an all-er..all...uhm" "An allergy yes. It is an allergy but a product to which a person is allergic, is like poison to them." 
 
 
"Now all that she needs is some rest and she will get better again." said Dr. Ok once Yesung has succeeded the operation. The husband and son are relieved but overall happy. "That is good." Siwon wanted to hold his mother's hand when emperor Byunghun's voice was heard. "Choi Siwon. Go help your comrades with the interrogation and bring them all here once you are done. I'll make one of my servants give word to my counselors for they should also gather here." Siwon hesitantly nods and slowly stands up and walks to the doors. "Kim Yesung is it?" The latter turned around his head hanging low as Siwon stopped at the door. "Yes, my lord." "You have really been blessed by the Gods." Yesung made no answer. "What is it that you want? Money? Gold? Or maybe even silver?" "Uh n-no... my lord I wish no such thing. Knowing that she will be fine is enough for me." Siwon turned his head their way. "Lift your head." Emperor Byunghun had a good view on his face now. He stared at him for so long that Yesung averted his eyes, he feels nervous. "Well then, you may make your leave." "Yes my lord." Yesung bowed to him and walked to the doors that Siwon had now opened. 
 
 
The couple walked through the halls, no one else was around. "...I did not know you we're allowed to touch the empress." Siwon swallowed. "Why we're you there?" "The emperor wanted me present. It was written in the letter." Yesung found the situation very odd but he did not question any further. "...Thank you, for saving the empress." Yesung eyed him with big serene eyes, feeling curious. "You must care for her very much." Siwon awkwardly cleared his throat. "That is what makes you such a good man. You care for people even if you don't know them. That is why I love you." "Yesung." spoke he. Siwon felt so touched and could not resist the urge to kiss him passionately. Yesung kissed back. It was a long kiss, they pulled apart and hugged each other with tenderness. No one else was around... at least that is what they thought. The person who had seen them retreats and runs out of the palace. His heart was racing rapidly, his breathing was irregular and he felt like a total idiot, he felt betrayed and angered. His best friend and first love kissed each other, lovers. That is the reason Yesung did not accept Taecyeon's heart. Their secret is not a secret anymore... for Taecyeon has seen them.