Chapter 12

Majestic & Pride

I CHANGED THE ENDING, BECAUSE... WELL THE FIRST ENDING ! I THINK THIS IS BETTER. I HOPE. ^__^ 


Siwon and Yesung we're hastily packing only their important values. When they we're done they exchanged a long and meaningful look. They shared another long and passionate kiss. They walked to the front door of Siwon's house, but when it opened Taecyeon stood in front of them. Confusion and something indifferent written on his face. He shortly glanced towards Yesung before averting them back to Siwon. 
 
"Why did you suddenly leave? Your family was asking for you... prince."
 
Siwon widened his eyes and looked at Yesung. He looked confused.
 
"Prince? Siwon what is he talking about?"
 
Taecyeon clattered with his teeth. "You haven't even told him."
 
"Stop talking." warned Siwon with raised voice. "I only wanted to protect you Yesung." said he now looking at his lover. 
 
Taecyeon bit his underlip. "Siwon can't protect you Yesung. He lied to you. Mark my words, cause I will protect you. Not he."
 
Siwon grabbed Yesung's hand. Not letting the latter get a chance to talk. "Let us go through Taecyeon."
 
"Why? What are you planning?" 
 
"It's not safe around here for us anymore."
 
Taecyeon grabbed Siwon's collar. "And who do you think is responsible for that?" spoke he through greeted teeth. "You won't be able to protect Yesung! Have you forgotten that you are the emperor's son?! You are a child of this empire. If they found out you will bring him in danger. You already are. Yesung will be saver with loving me. I will protect him."
 
 
Yesung only listened with half an ear. Siwon was a prince. A royal person. But he wouldn't let that change anything. "Taecyeon. If you really love me you will have to let me go. We love each other. I don't care that he hid his identity from me. I don't want to stay here either... so please let us through."
 
Taecyeon looked away. His underlip slightly trembling. He didn't want to let go, not him but... "I don't want to, but I'll let you go because... I love you."
 
Siwon bit his tongue, a bit awkward with Taecyeon's confession face to face. 
 
Taecyeon averted his eyes to Siwon. "If you ever break his heart, I'll hunt you down. So you better protect him."
 
There was a hint of sadness in Siwon's eyes. "Let's go." 
 
Yesung tightened his grip on Siwon's hand. He stepped closer to Taecyeon and planted a light kiss on his cheek. "Thank you." spoke he mellow but sincere. 
 
Then the couple hastily left without another glance back. Taecyeon stared at the two and decided to follow them just in case. 
 
 
 
***
 
 
They ran for a long time when suddenly a shot was heard. The couple turned their heads. They we're so close to the cave, so close to their freedom. 
 
Standing paralyzed when facing the imperial policemen and the emperor himself. Time seemed to go in slow motion for them. As if in one gasp their life had been halted. That is when they saw the gun pointed towards their direction. 
 
Only then he noticed a terrible pain at his femur. Only then he saw the blood oozing out. Yesung turned his head towards his lover who had fallen to the ground. Yesung run pale yet, still gave him support.
 
"How can you do this to me son? How can u sin this way?"
 
Siwon shot him a look full of anger. He knows very well who he should say that to. Siwon looked sideways at the feeling of trembling hands. He saw fear in the eyes' of his lover. Yesung was trying to form words but nothing came out. Siwon stood up despite the pain. "We're not sinners. We're in love." stated he firm.
 
They looked at them in disgust. "I knew you we're hiding something. I just didn't think it would be...this. It's wrong." said Hangeng.
 
"The only result you get when choosing this path is death." said Kibum. 
 
"Silence!" retorted the emperor. "Just arrest them and lock them up. I shall decide their punishment then."
 
Just when the policemen we're about to execute the emperor's orders someone jumped in between them. 
 
"Taecyeon?" said Yesung baffled. 
 
He walked over to their side and helped Siwon up. 
 
"Taecyeon?! You we're in on this??!!" said Rain baffled. 
 
Taecyeon looked at them then back at Yesung. The man's eyes were watery. He held one of his shaky hands. "It will be okay." whispers he. 
 
Yesung glanced at him. His slightly parted lips cause Taecyeon to see his quivering underlip. "I'm sorry." said he afraid. 
 
 
 
***
 
 
 
The screams of agony coming from the other room seemed endless in their ears. Siwon and Taecyeon we're powerless. Yesung was getting tortured and they we're powerless. Chained with back agaisnt the cold hard walls. 
 
"We need to get out of here." said Siwon impatient. . 
 
"I know. But we have to wait for the right moment."
 
Siwon shifted on his position, not minding the shock spreading through his body from the pain at his femur. 
 
"Are you ready for what will come?" said Taecyeon.
 
Siwon clenched his teeth. 
 
 
***
 
 
"Stop." said the emperor. 
 
Hangeng let his arm fall back limply as his grip on the swipe loosened. 
 
Byunghyun took some steps towards Yesung. He pressed his cheeks to the inside and made him look at him. "I'll say it again. Leave this villand and Siwon and I'll let you live if you do so." 
 
Yesung stared back at him with wrathful eyes but said nothing. 
 
"Well?!" said Byunhyun, running impatient. 
 
"I would never leave Siwon's side even if it we're to kill me."
 
Byunghyun raised his eyebrows. "Such big words. I'm doubting that you can't even fulfil them." 
 
Yesung hang his head. "I love him. Is it wrong to love someone?" He heaved his head and yelled. "Why can you and not I?!! That's not fair!!"
 
There was silence. No one what to say. 
 
Byunghyun looked at his men. "Get those two here." said he.
 
The policemen hesitated, exchanged worried looks but knew very wel not to make their leader repeat himself. Quick and loud footsteps dissapeared behind the door. 
 
Byunghyun slowly held up his hand, put it against his head and began Yesung's hair. ""What have you done to my son> What have you done to Taecyeon?" 
 
The hand on his head began closing in and he felt a stinging pressure against his head. Byunghyun heaved a trembling sigh. He whispered, a lot confused. "What have you done to me?"
 
Yesung pulled his head up in the hope to face the man. He did. Immediately regretting himself for the man wore a look he could not describe. He came closer as if wanting to kiss him. Yesung turned his cheek to him. "Filthy hypocrite." muttered he.
 
Byunghyun stopped dead in his movements. His look had changed, negatively. He had a dreadful look in those brown eyes.
 
Yesung swallowed slightly. "You gave in to your own lust. I never gave you any opening to touch me..." tried he bravely. "I'll only go ife you let Siwon come with me and Taecyeon stay unharmed."
 
Byunghyun chuckled inwardly. It sounded bitter in their ears. "No." He held up a little knife with a finely honed point. He put it against his throat, dangerously sharp.
 
Yesung did not even dare to swallow.
 
"If you will not leave I have no other choice but to kill you."
 
DRIP - DRIP - DRIP - DROP - DROP - DROP...
 
It happened before he had even blinked his eyes. His brain did not function. How is it that he was bleeding from his neck so furiously. Blood oozing from the mouth, blood on his hands from holding them against his throat. As if it would do nay help. He fell to the ground and began gargling because his mouth was filled with too much blood. He looked up at the two figures responsipble for this happening.
 
Siwon?  Taecyeon? 
 
He didn't notice the tears untill they both wiped it off from his face. Siwon on the left. Taecyeon on the right. 
 
"You came." said he mellow. 
 
"Of course we came." said Taecyeon. 
 
Yesung stared at the lifeless body on the floor surrounded by his own blooed and the little knife in Siwon's hand. He eyed at his lover in awe. 
 
"We have to go know. For this," said he, looking at the dead body. "we wil be sentenced to death." He cut the rope tied around Yesung's wrist. 
 
If it wasn't for Taecyeon, Yesung would have fallen to the ground. "I'll carry you." said he. 
 
"No. I'll carry him." said Siwon. 
 
Taecyeon pointed at his femur. "At your state you wouldn't even be able to carry a child."
 
Siwon scowled irritatingly, knowing he was right. 
 
"No one has to carry me. We have to give Siwon support. He can't walk properly."
 
They looked at him in dissaproval. 
 
"Please." said he mellow.
 
They glanced at eac other eventually nodding. 
 
"Let's go than." said Taecyeon. 
 
They wanted to walk to the door but Siwon did not move. He stared at the body of his father. The man who was his parent but never acted as a parent towards him. Killing him in order to save his lover was a difficult descision, that if he would have more time he wouldn't have done this. (He hopes). He was a murderer, no matter what reason  that made him to do this. 
 
"Siwon?" 
 
The said man turned his head at the woeful voice of his lover. Taecyeon had the same look. He dropped the knife. "I'm fine." His arms found rest at their shoulders and his leg had less pressure now. 
 
 
***
 
"Where do we go now?" said Taecyeon once deep in the woods.
 
"We go beyond the caves." said Siwon, 
 
Taecyeon eyed him in confusion. "The caves? Which cave?"
 
"You'll see." 
 
Once they reached the cave Taecyeon stopped walking. "I guess this is we're we part ways."
 
The lovers turned to him in awe. 
 
"What do you mean?" said Yesung bitter. 
 
"What if they will follow us?" 
 
"Simple. We run."
 
Taecyeon  eyed him in disbelieve. "We run?! You plan to run for your whole live? Is that the live that you want? For yourself? For Yesung? Siwon you lost your family, Yesung lost his hometown and I lost... my status." He huffed. "We all lost our pride."
 
"Taecyeon-"
 
"That is not all."
 
"What?" said Yesung. 
 
Taecyeon stared at the two for a bit. "You still have each other and I... I have no one."
 
Yesung took his hand. "You have us. You would protect me remember?" 
 
Taecyeon looked a bit suprised. Then he slowly smiled a bit. 
 
Siwon patted his shoulder. "Yesung is right. And forget your status. We don't care." 
 
"Thank you.Both of you." 
 
"Let's continue. It would be pitiful if they would find us now." 
 
So they continued again. But Yesung took a moment to look at the cave. It was so big it made him wonder how no one knew of it. Once they would go beyond it, they will face many obstacles, but he was sure they can overcome them. He glanced back at the woods. Status does indeed not matter. Everyone was equal, the same. All majestic tough with pride. A softly breeze carressed his face and he closed his eyes for a second.
 
"Yesung?" 
 
The said man opened his eyes and took in a deep breath before he turned around and stepped into the cave. The past will haunt them, but together they are strong enough. 
 
"I'm comming."