Chapter 3

Majestic & Pride

 

YEEY!! I ALREADY GOT MANY SUBSCRIBERS! THANK YOU VER MUCH. ALSO THANKS TO THE UPVOTERS. I ALSO LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!! ENJOY THE UPDATE, I HOPE YOU LIKE IT ^___^

Siwon watched helplessly as Taecyeon reached for the knob. Yesung I am sorry for being so weak. With his hand on the knob he stopped. "Ah! I forgot. I left my spare clothes at my own place. Darn it!"  Siwon breathed out in relief. "Taecyeon get into the kitchen already. I can lend you one of mine. I'll do it myself, your the guest here." "Okay. I will be in the kitchen making myself tea, do you want one too?" "Uh yes please." Taecyeon nodded and headed into the kitchen. Siwon quickly grabbed Yesung's upper clothing and slowly opened the closet to let Yesung escape. "Leave my house through the back door." whispered he. Yesung nodded, while they both went to the back door. Siwon opened the door and let him out. Yesung turned around and looked him in his eyes. "Siwon?" "Yes?" "I like you too." Yesung gave him a chaste kiss on the lips and ran off, not waitng for the other's reaction. Siwon had to fathom his words. His heart filled with happiness. Yesung likes him back. Finally! "Siwon?! Why are you standing there?" Siwon jumped a little. "Oh I thought... I thought I saw an animal near here. It must have been my imagination." "Hm okay. The tea is ready, so come inside." "Yes. I'm coming."
 
They sat on the ground at the low sized table. Siwon broke the awkward long silence. "Do you still want me to make some food?" Taecyeon looked up at him. "No, leave it. I am not that hungry anyway." Siwon nodded. "Hey Siwon." "Hm?" "When does a person know that he's in love?" Siwon was taken aback by his question. He himself had to think for an answer. "I think that the person feels it. He or she can feel it when falling in love." Taecyeon did not look satisfied with the answer because he had no idea if he was feeling any love or not. "Why do you ask?" "Just something I needed to know." "Oh okay." "How about you? Have you ever been in love?" Siwon has indeed fallen in love. He fell in love with Yesung. "Yes I have." Taecyeon became intrigued. "How does it feel? Or rather with whom?" "Well, most people would describe the feeling as weird at first, but when you accept that feeling and open up to it, it becomes something beautiful, something so light and warm. You become a better person." Taecyeon listened attentively to his words. "So then all you have to do is tell that person?" "No. You can't just rashly tell that person because you accepted your feelings. You have to be very careful, because that person might never love you back. It will only hurt you and you will find it harder to open up to love." "Then what do I have to do?" Taecyeon misspoke himself. "You are in love too?" Taecyeon coughed. "I am not. I misspoke myself." "Why not tell? You can tell me everything? Did you finally found a woman?" He gave Siwon a quick glance, then stared back at the floor. Not a woman. But a man. A gorgeous man. "Okay, you do not have to tell me." Taecyeon sighed. They took a sip from their tea while their thoughts wandered off to Yesung.  
 
Suddenly Taecyeon smelled a strange odor. "What is it that I scent?" "Sorry?" Siwon who was interupted from his thoughts looked up at Taecyeon. "I smell a stran-" That is when Taecyeon noticed the sheets and pillow. "Why is this lying here?" He said as he sniffed the blanket and pillow. "Why does this scent like medical herbs?" Siwon coughed and looked around the room a little tense. "I ...uhm I was practicing with medical herbs. You know for whenever someone would get hurt." "Since when? I have never seen you practice medical herbs? Are you planning to get into medical school? Cause if you want to I can always put a good word for you with my father. You know he's the director of the medical hospitals in Joseon." Siwon quicky replied back. "No, there is no need for that. I am only practicing for myself." "Ah~ Okay, your choice." Siwon wiped the sweat from his forehead. That was a close call. "Oh yes. Now that I think about it, my father is recruiting new nurses." Siwon only nod his head. "My father asked me to help recruiting new nurses. And I have someone in mind." "Uhuh, who?"  "You will know then. I first have to see that person." "Hm. I will hear it then."
 
****
 
"Where have you been!" yelled Sangwoo upon Yesung's arrival. The latter stiffened from shock. "I w-was with a friend, father." "You?! A friend?! Since when?!" Now he had to lie. If not, his father will find out. "I mean an animal friend." His father shook his head and ignored him further. Yesung sighed in relieve. "Should I make you some tea?" His father eyed him. "No. I am leaving. I need to do something." For a slightly second Yesung saw a hint of sadness in his eyes. He nodded and watched his father leave the house. 
 
****
 
The next morning when Yesung woke up, his father's bed was empty. He blinked his eyes and looked around the room but Sangwoo was nowhere to be seen. He stood up, to look if he was outside, but he wasn't so he went back inside. At that time Sangwoo came back. "Father. Where have you been?" Sangwoo placed a wooden basket on the floor. "I went fishing." Yesung eyed the basket. "The whole night? ...Father you shouldn't exert yourself like that. Let me cook the fishes so that you can take some rest." As Sangwoo sat down he began to cough violently. Yesung looked at him with worry. Sangwoo eyed his hand with the blood that came from his mouth. "Fa-" "Stop worrying about me. I can take care of myself." "But father you're si-" "I know! I know Jongwoon! I know very well that I am sick! Stop mentioning that!" Sangwoo began coughing out blood again. Yesung ran over to his side and caressed his back. "Listen Jongwoon." Sangwoo said after he stopped coughing. "I want you to be honest with me now okay." Yesung looked at his father with full attention. "Do you have a real friend? Not an animal." Yesung was taken aback at his question. Should he lie? Or tell the truth? He does not know. "Please... please tell me Jongwoon." The look in his father's eyes made him change his mind. "Yes I do. I have a real friend." Relieve washed over Sangwoo. "But why do you ask?" Sangwoo stared ahead. "To make sure I won't leave you alone on this world." Yesung blankly stared at his father. He stood up and walked to the basket. Sangwoo looked at his son who began to prepare the fish. "Jongwoon?" Yesung looked at him. "Yes father?" "I am happy to have you as my son." Yesung's eyes widened in surprise. "I am sorry for having been such a bad father to you." Yesung did not know what to say. He did not understand the meaning behind his father's words. His father has never said something like that to him. Sangwoo had even smiled to him before Yesung left to The Garden. 
 
****
 
After Sangwoo had eaten he left to the temple. He went on his knees before the altar and began to pray to the Gods. For them to help Jongwoon further in his life. To let him stay healthy and find a good lover. For him to be safe and grow old. Afterwards he went back home and sat on the ground with his knees together. He lit up a lucifer. "Jongwoon, I'm sorry for having let you suffer like this. I really do love you, my son." He threw the lucifer on the ground and closed his eyes. Slowly he burned down, the house with him. 
 
****
 
It has just become noon and Taecyeon was on his way to the medical hospital to pay his father a visit. Taecyeon knocked on his fathers office door. "Come in." answered Seungwon from inside his office. Taecyeon entered. He bowed to his father and took a seat. "Tell. What is it that you wanted to talk with me about." "About the new recruits. I have someone in mind father." Seungwon took off his glasses. "Who do you have in mind?" "... I haven't asked that person myself yet. But I will do that as soon as I leave the office." His father frowned. "I believe that, that person will be fit for the job. I promise." Seungwon sighed. "Fine. But don't go wasting my time." "I won't father. I shall take my leave now." Taecyeon stood up and bowed to his father. 
 
****
 
Once Yesung arrived at The Garden, Siwon was already there. Yesung was a bit concerned about his expression. "Did he... did he found out?"  "No. But I feel bad about lying to him." Yesung embraced him. "I understand how you feel. I had to lie to my father too." Siwon tightened the hug. "I am sorry that I brought you in danger." "It is okay Siwon." "No it is not. I have to do better in protecting you. I have to protect you. No, I am going to protect you." Yesung who was touched by his words stared into his eyes. "You melt my heart with your words." said Yesung softly. Siwon chuckled and gave him a frontal kiss. Yesung smiled at the touch. Siwon undid the hug and took off his upper clothing. Yesung looked at him in question. "What are you doing?" When Siwon also undid his pants Yesung got confused. He was only wearing short pants. "Siwon, put on your clothes. You are going to get ill. We are in the middle of the winter." "When I'm with you my sweetheart, I'm scorching." Then he jumped into the ice cold water. All the fishes got scared and swam away in shock. When Siwon surfaced he motioned Yesung to join him. Yesung shook his head. "No thank you. The water is ice cold." Siwon shrugged and began to swim. Yesung bit his lip. Considering his thoughts he took off his clothes, took a deep breath and jumped into the water. It took some time for him to get used to the coldness, though he was surprised Siwon was fine. 
 
Siwon also went under the deep water. He swam behind Yesung and embraced him from behind. Yesung turned his head half and smiled to him. The inside of the river was gorgeous to see. Yesung swam to the bottom surface and held one of the stones. It felt smooth and hard. Siwon then turned him around and kissed him. Then they both swam to the surface to get some air. They both ran their hands through their hair and face. They locked their lips together again. 
 
****
 
In the meantime a report came to the imperial police station about a house on fire. Hangeng and his crew had rushed off the scene with many back up. The villagers all stood at the scene and watched it unfold before them. "Out of the way!  Go on!" screamed Rain to the crowd of people. "Kibum! Nickhun! Look if you can get inside! There might be someone still in there!" said Hangeng. They nodded and carried out the order. "Everyone else, extinguish the fire! Now! Go go!" continued he. "Yes sir!" yelled they in unison. 
 
Kibum and Nickhun then came back to report to Hangeng. "Well?" "We could only confirm one person's body, it is that of a man, but he is already dead." said Kibum. "But the weird thing is the man's position." continued he. "What about his position?" "He sat with his legs crossed on the ground and eyes closed. As if he was waiting for the house to go down in ashes with him." explained Nickhu . "Are you talking about suicide?" "It could be." continued he. Hangeng eyed the house. "Is everything burnt down?" "Yes, everything. Nothing was spared." answered Kibum. Hangeng sighed from fatigue and watched how the fire got put out. 
 
"Villagers! Listen to what I am going to ask now. If anyone knows the man who lived here, come fort." However, no one stepped up. Hangeng said it again. Only this time he threatened them. Still no one came forward. "Forget it Hangeng. It is a waste of time." said Rain to him. Suddenly a little girl came up to them. They eyed her. "Big brother and old man live there." She said. Hangeng lowered to her height. It was the same girl who had asked the countess for food. "Speak up. Who are big brother and old man. Are you related to them?" The girl shook her head. "Mr. Kim and Yesung live there." "Mr. Kim and Yesung?" The girl nodded. Hangeng then came up again. "Nickhun. Kibum. You two confirmed that there was only one body right?" "Yes." replied they in unison. Hangeng looked at the girl for a moment. Then Rain stepped up to her. "Are you sure that there are two people who live here?" The girl nodded again. "Could you two see if the male was young or old?" "No, unfortunately not." stated Kibum. 
 
****
 
Siwon and Yesung broke from the kiss. That is when he saw smoke coming from afar. He frowned upon seeing that. "What is it?" asked Yesung, noticing Siwon's change in expression. "Do you also see that smoke." Yesung turned around and stiffened. In that direction his house lies, close to the village. Yesung quickly got out of the water and put on his clothes. "Ye-" "My house lies in that direction! I need to see if my father is okay!" said Yesung, already answering Siwon's question. He also got out of the water and put on his clothes. 
 
At the time that they had arrived the scene was still the same. "Big brother!" yelled the girl upon seeing Yesung. She ran over to him and pointed at the house. She gave him an apologetic look and ran trough the crowd, disappearing between them. The imperial policemen recognized him instantly. Yesung looked at his house that was burned down in ashes. His hands began to tremble as he kept looking. His heart pounded in his throat. Then it also got harder to breathe. Yesung began to think back to the vague conversation he had with his father. Did his father plan this beforehand? Why did he? A tear had rolled down Yesung's cheek. Siwon could do nothing. Because he really couldn't and because the other's would notice how close they we're. "You! Is this your house?" asked Hangeng. Yesung looked at him with confused eyes, his heart felt tormented. Yesung did not respond and slowly walked over to the house. Once inside he saw his father on a sitting position. Burned. He began to cry and scream yell. For his father to come back. Asking his father questions that he knew he would never get the answer to. Everyone outside could hear his heartbreaking cries. It made Siwon hurt, to hear Yesung like that. Even the imperial policemen did not know what to do at this moment. Ant the same time Taecyeon arrived. He eyed the direction of the screams. His eyes then averting to Siwon who looked on the verge of crying. "What happened? Who is in there?" When nobody answered to his question he wanted to take a look for himself, but Siwon stopped him. The look in his eyes said enough. Taecyeon looked back at the house. It was him. It was his voice. Taecyeon suddenly felt hurt and weak inside. Right now he wanted nothing more then to hold that man in his arms. 
 
****
 
After the whole event Yesung was taken to the police station. The imperial policemen had at first asked his named and after that asked him about his father and relatives. Yesung was not able to hold back his tears. Eventually, they released him. Hangeng had called Siwon to his office for a talk. While Taecyeon went after Yesung. 
 
****
 
"Yesung!" yelled Taecyeon . He finally knew his name. It felt good to say his name. He looked at him with questioning eyes. "I am very sorry to bother you. My condolences. But what I was thinking about, because now that your house is burnt down... do you have another place to stay?" Yesung looked at him in surprise for a second. "Yes I do. I have a place to stay at." Taecyeon nodded and gave him an awkward smile. Just when he turned around Yesung stopped him. "Can I ask you a question?" Taecyeon eyed him with big eyes. "Yes of course." "Why are you... why are you so nice to me?" Taecyeon's cheeks got rosy. Can he say it? Will he say it? He remembered Siwon's words. He had to be careful, he did not wanted to end up getting rejected. "It is not that it bothers me or such a thing. I was just..." "Because I'm an imperial policemen right?" Yesung made no answer. Taecyeon chuckled a little. "I am sorry." "No, I fully understand why. Amyways do stay safe okay. And if you ever need anything just ask me." Yesung watched him with unbelief. His eyes softened and his heart began to feel warm again. "Thank you." said Yesung sincere and left. Taecyeon smiled to himself. I really do love him. I love that man. That man called Yesung. 
 
****
 
"What is it Hangeng?" asked Siwon. "Earlier, we're you together with that man?" "You mean Yesung?" "Yes him." "No, not at all. It just happened to be that we came from the same direction. You know how much I like to go to the forest. Maybe he does too." Hangeng nodded and then smiled. "I'm sorry to scare you off like that Siwon, but sometimes when I see the both of you it feels as if you there is chemistry between the two of you." Siwon laughed uncomfortably. "But forget it. You may leave now." Siwon bowed and left the office to find Yesung.