Chapter 6

Majestic & Pride
YES MY DEAR READERS!! IM BACK TO UPDATE AGAIN!! :D AS YOU CAN SEE MY THIS CHAPTER IS SHORTER THAN THE OTHER ONE'S BECAUSE I DECIDED TO SHORTEN THE CHAPTERS OR ELSE I'LL GO CRAZY. I MEAN IT :P ANYWAY, SORRY FOR THIS CRAPPY POST RIGHT NOW. I TOOK ME SO LONG TO UPDATE :$ THANK U FOR BEING PATIENT ;D HAVE FUN READING,  I HOPE YOU'LL ENJOY IT ^__^
Today it was finally the day for Yesung to start working as a nurse. He has been anticipating it. He still can't believe that Dr. Ok named him as his assistant. The other nurses had eyed him with jealousy, but he paid them no attention. But before he could start any of his assignments, Dr. Ok wants to submit him the rules. When he was reading through the rules he was content. Until he came across the penultimate rule, stating: 'Only wealthy people from the empire are to be treated in Joseon's Medical Hospital, outsiders shall be shut the door.' The last one stated: 'if one of the above rules should be violated, you shall be punished.' He began feeling sick to his stomach. Dr. Ok was sitting across from him, behind his desk.
 
"Is there a problem?" asked he, noticing his bitter expression. Yesung hesitantly glanced at him. "Sir? I have a question about the penultimate rule... how can people-" "Yes! I understand you concern. Do not worry, this rule doesn't apply to you, since you are working for the emperor now." Yesung swallowed the lump in his throat. He refrained from a sigh. "No sir. That is not what I meant. I'm referring to the people of the village. How-" And once again he was interrupted. "They have their own doctor. Moreover they are not our concern." "But sir-" "I think I have made myself clear!" stated he stern. "You do not have to stain your blessed hands, given by the Gods, with their blood." Yesung had his eyes widened. He had difficulty to restrain back a comment. For now he had no choice but the to comply.
 
***
 
After a first long day of work, it was past 3 o'clock, he sat himself on their shared bed. He had almost stumbled at the entrance. Siwon was soundly asleep. His serene face made Yesung relax. He swiftly changed his clothes. Once he lay in bed a strong arm wrapped around his middle. He quickly opened his eyes, staring at his lovers gaze. 
 
"S-siwon? I thought you we're already asleep." "I can't possibly sleep with ease when you are not beside me." Yesung smiled. Siwon removed the hair out of his face so he could take a better look at him. "Let's sleep. You must be tired. Tell me about your first day in the late morning." He pulled the smaller man closer to him and placed a chaste frontal kiss. Yesung nuzzled in his touch and closed his eyes. 
 
***
 
Yesung took a walk around the village. He had an interval from work. He glanced around the market. There we're times he missed his old life, but it didn't have Siwon's existence. He turned around when he heard loud screams and gasps, followed by whispers. He saw a body laying on the ground, motionless. As he came closer he recognizes the body as Bomin, Joah's daughter. She was wet. He quickly fall on his knees next to her. "What happened to her?" "She fall into the river nearby. It was fortunate for me to hear her scream and brought her here as fast as I could. She was probably picking up flowers for her mother's grave." explained one of the villagers. Yesung had no time to question his last sentence. "Why didn't you bring her to the village doctor?!" The man made no answer. His eyes big with fear. Yesung shook his head and was ready to aid her when he halted. His mind recalls back the rules. He isn't allowed to treat her! 
 
But he had to make a decision know! The village doctor lived too far away. Why does he live so far away? I can't let her die, but if I help her I'll-. Yesung didn't dare to finish his thoughts. He inhaled deeply, his face full of concern and nervosity. She wanted to study medics and become a nurse, even a doctor. Just like him. Yesung clenched his trembling hands and re-opened them. Her face's was blue, lips purple. Her lungs are drowning in the water, suffocating and yearning for air. He shook away all the negative thoughts for know and performed CPR, also giving mouth to mouth resuscitation. 
 
"How long has she been unconscious?" asked Yesung, while putting pressure on her chest with ever push. The person who saved her couldn't think properly. He was panicking. Not even able to form normal sentences. "Please! I need to know." The man barely nodded. "U-uhm... I t-t-think approximately 15 minutes from the river to here." Yesung almost stopped performing. 15 minutes was long but I can't stop now. I need to save her. He performed mouth to mouth resuscitation one more time and just as his contact disappeared, Bomin coughed up water, white foam as a residuum leaving as last. 
 
The color came back to her face and she opened her eyes. The bystanders began clapping, their jubilance sounded elated. That made Yesung feel at ease. But the happiness did not last long when a loud shot was heard. Everyone turned their heads to the noise. Yesung slowly stood up with Bomin clinging on his clothing. He froze into place and blinked his eyes a couple time just to be sure his eyes we're not deceiving him. Seungwon was standing beside his carriage looking at the scene with Nickhun who had accompany him, he being the one who shot. The two man approach the scene with heavy steps. Nickhun wore a devilish smirk while looking at Yesung and Bomin. But the two had only eye for Seungwon, who looked at them with an indescribable look on his face. He slapped Yesung across the cheek. He raised his hand. Nickhun did not have the question Dr. Ok's gesture. Thus placed his gun in his hand. Yesung swallowed when he saw the expression on Seungwon's face while he was eyeing the gun. His punishment had arrived. What will Siwon think? Or even... Taecyeon? He closed his eyes and waited for a shot that was never to come. Well at least not for him, for you could definitely hear a gun shot. Something warm and wet made contact with his skin. Yesung quickly opened his eyes and slightly turned his head to the left. There lay the lifeless body of Bomin, covered in her own blood. The bystanders screamed and yelled from shock thus backed away. Yesung did not know how he felt at the moment. Guilty? Regretful? Remorse? No, it was something more heavier and darker. He has never been this frightened before. His whole inside was going hysterical. He was not even aware of his actions at the moment. His whole body began trembling indomitable. His eyesight was blur and got worse with the second. Suddenly the image of his dead father played in his head. He placed his hands against his ears to stop any sound from getting in, while wildly shaking his head back and forth. Then the pictures before him turned dark.