Chapter 1

Majestic & Pride

 

First chapter, I hope you like it :) Sorry for the shortness, I am soo tired right now :P 


It was in the winter of march in the year 1389. Yesung and his father we're hunting in the forest, searching for food. Normally they would have a piece or two animals caught, but it seemed like they we're out of luck today, because there was no animal to be found. His father Sangwoo cursed under his breath. Yesung felt how the wind brushed against his hair. He closed his eyes for a second. "Jongwoon-ah! Stop spacing out and help me search food." Yesung eyed his father. Only Sangwoo called Yesung by his birth name. The name his mother had given to him. She passed away after giving him life. Whenever Yesung would ask his father if he blames him for his mother's dead, his answer would be no. But Sangwoo's eyes said something different. It hurt Yesung knowing that. "Yes father." replied he. As soon as they we're walking Yesung stopped. A few imperial policemen we're standing before them. 
 
"Well well. Look what we have here." spoke Hangeng. "What are you two doing out here deep in the forest?" continued he. "We're hunting." answered Sangwoo. The imperial policemen began laughing. "You're hunting? Really? Then where is your food huh? Care for us to join you?" said Kibum mockingly, the others laughed. Sangwoo looked at him condescendingly. Kibum removed his hands from his pockets and pointed at him in anger. "Hey! Hey! I don't like the way you're looking at me!" Sangwoo laughed scornfully. His arrogance made them angry. "You freaking idiot! You dare to look down on us!" screamed Rain in rage. He walked over to Sangwoo with his hands in his pockets and began kicking him. The others surrounded them, throwing a blow themselves. 
 
Yesung run over to them and pushed Rain backwards. "Stop! Please stop it!" yelled Yesung, hovered over his father's body. He looked at his Sangwoo's face all covered in blood. The imperial policemen had only then noticed his presence. Taecyeon pulled Yesung up by his arm, so that they would be at the same height. "How dare you to push one of the imperial policemen!" He situated his hand ready to slap him. "I'm sorry." "Hey! Look at me when I'm talking to you!" Yesung slowly lifted his head and met the other's eyes. Taecyeon froze. His heart just having missed a heartbeat. He suddenly felt weird inside. "Taecyeon?" spoke Hangeng doubtful. "It is better if we leave them be. They aren't worth our time." They followed Taecyeon's words and walked away after him. Taecyeon glanced back at Yesung. It was strange, how he felt by looking at him.  
 
When they we're gone Yesung helped his father up. "Father are you okay?" "If I am not okay, I cannot call myself a man. Remember, a man should always stand up for himself. So you cannot show defeat." Yesung looked away from his father's piercing eyes. He cleared his throat. "I never meant to disappoint you father. Please accept my apology." Yesung bowed to him. Sangwoo made no answer and walked to the direction of their house. Yesung lifted his head and followed his father back home. "But father what about the food?" "It will not hurt us for not having eaten one day." Yesung averted his eyes to the swarm of birds that flew above their heads. He was thinking about eating them, but there was absolutely not a chance that he could reach them. Just one day. One day without food. 
 
****
 
Yesung lay awake in is bed. He couldn't sleep because of his hunger. Or maybe because he could not get the image of Taecyeon out of his mind. He had been looking at him with such weird eyes. Yesung was not able to recall the emotion and he did not want to. He pulled the covers from his body and made sure to not wake up his father, who lay soundless asleep at the other side of the room. Their house was not big. In fact, it was very small. Barely big enough for two people. But he did not complain. He was happy that he even had a house. 
 
Once outside he met the beautiful appearance of the full moon. He went back into the forest to search for food. He was not being greedy or something. He just wants to stay healthy. Once deep in the forest, he began his search. The only animal he found was a frog but he was not able to catch it. Suddenly Yesung heard a strange noise. He turned around but saw nothing. When he went further with the search he heard it again. He decided to take a look and see what was there. He walked through the bushes when he was faced with a wolf. Locked in the animals blue eyes, he was not able to look away. He had completely gone numb. 
 
****
 
He had sneaked out of the palace again. He had had enough of everything for a while. With his hands in his pockets and wearing the imperial uniform he walked with quiet steps. Suddenly he heard a loud scream. It sounded anxious. His police instincts came in while he listened to where the sound came from. He runs and runs, until the scream slowly dies. Fortunately he could hear another strange noise. That's when he saw a wolf hovered over a human's body. He grabbed his pistol and purposely shot passed the wolf, to scare it off. The wolf flinched and run away in shock. He quickly put his pistol away and approached the body. He began shaking his shoulders. "Hey! Can you hear me! Wake up! Hey!" Yesung slowly opened his eyes and flinched. "It is okay. It is okay now." He helped Yesung sit up. "How do you feel? Are you hurt anyhwere or in any pain?" Yesung shook is head. "No, I am not... Did you...save me?" "I only made sure that the wolf would go away." "Oh... Thank you." He gave Yesung a smile. "How are you called?" "Kim Yesung. And you?" "I am Choi Siwon. Nice meeting you." He held his hand out. Yesung eyed it for a while but he did accept it. 
 
It was then that Yesung noticed Siwon's uniform. He got a little distant and looked at the ground. Siwon noticed his behavior. "Oh this? Please don't pay to much attention to it." he said while pointing at his uniform. "I need to head back home." As Yesung stood up, a stinging pain in his ankle made him fall back. Siwon was able to catch him on time. Yesung met his eyes. They we're dazzling and he could not look away. They feel each other's breath on their skin. "You hurt your ankle. Let me help you back to your home." Yesung averted his eyes to the ground and tried to loosen himself from the other's grip. He stood with one leg and the other just above the ground. "It will be fine tomorrow, but why are you offering to help me?" "Because that is what people do. They help each other." "But you are an imperial policemen. All the citizens from the village hate your kind." Siwon smiled half. "Yes. I know that. But they are not as bad as you think they are." Yesung sighed bitterly. He hopped on his left leg, trying to turn around. "Where are you going?" "Home." Then suddenly without warning Siwon stopped him and took him on his back. Yesung was stunned. He did not understand this man. "What are you... doing?" "I'm bringing you home. Your ankle is hurt and it would be mean to let you hop to your house all the way." Yesung slowly gripped his shoulders. "Just make sure you hold me tight. I do not want to drop you." Siwon began walking while Yesung stared at his face. "You are handsome." Siwon turned his head half. "Are your actions always impulsive?" teased he. Yesung blushed. Siwon turned his head back. "Thank you. You are gorgeous. I have never met such a beautiful man in my life before." Yesung's face turned shocked. He blinked his eyes a couple times. "Really?" "Yes. Really." "Do you like men?" "I think I know for certain that I am beginning to like you." Yesung made no answer. "Please do not worry. I am not expecting any feedback from you. I only wanted you to know that. That is enough for me." A long silence had surrounded them. "If I would become to like you back... would we become lovers?" "Would you want that?" "I am not sure." "I would." Yesung eyed him. "Why?" "Because you are are the first person to not look at me with those eyes." "What kind of eyes?" "Eyes that do not look further then my flesh. But when you look at me, it feels as if you are touching my heart. It feels fine." Yesung looked at the starry sky. "Your body warmth... I like it very much." Siwon laughed, whereby Yesung joined him with a small smile. 
 
When they had arrived at his house, Siwong gently let him on the ground. "Thank you for bringing me back." "The pleasure is mine." Before Yesung could walk back inside, Siwon halted him. "Yesung... Can we meet again?" He lifted his eyebrows. "Tomorrow in the afternoon at the forest." Yesung showed a hint of hesitation. "I really want to see you again. I did not said those things for no reason." Yesung gave in. "Okay. We will see each other tomorrow." Siwon echoed a 'yes' under his breath and smiled brightly. Yesung then went back in and quietly made his way to his bed. As he lay in his bed he could not stop thinking about Siwon. The image of his lovely smile and handsome features would not leave is head. Yes, Kim Yesung likes men. Not women but men. 
 
****
 
The next morning Siwon had to appear before his father, Emperor Byunghun. He kneeled before him with is hands on his lap. "Emperor. What is it that you have called me for?" Emperor Byunghun shifted somewhat on his seat. "I heard that you sneaked out of the palace again. What do you have to say?" Siwon looked at the ground. His face calm. "I only went out to get some fresh air. It was never my intention to make you worry. I would not act reckless." "Do you know?! The problem is that you are disobeying my orders! Imperial orders at that!" Siwon shot is head up and looked Byunghun in the eyes. "What is that?! You dare to look at me with such eyes?! You have such rash actions!" "Father I-" "Hah! In this room you will address me as Emperor!" Siwon bowed his head. "I'm sorry. Please forgive me for my reckless behavior." "Hm! Do not let this happen again." "Yes fa- Emperor." "Good. You may leave now." Siwon slowly stood up, this time bowing deep. 
 
****
 
At the police station Siwon met his comrades. His best friend Taecyeon was the first one he greeted. "How did it go? Was the Emperor very angry?" Taecyeon asked with concern. "He was. But nothing to worry about." Taecyeon smiled and looked around before stating. "Of course. The Emperor is still your father." whispered he. Siwon's face dropped. "What is the matter?" "Nothing. Are you guys heading off somewhere?" "Yes we are. We have been instructed to the countess to the palace." Hangeng interupted. "You want to join us?" proposed Rain. "No thank you. I have to go somewhere." "Alright. We will see you later." Siwon nod and left the station. 
 
****
 
Yesung and his father had go hunting again. And unfortunately for them they had not found food again. So Sangwoo gave Yesung some money he had hidden for emergencies. "Jongwoon, go buy us some bread in the village." Yesung did not bother as to ask where his father got this money from. He was just happy at the fact that he would be able to eat something.
 
****
 
Arrived at the village Yesung bought a piece of bread enough for two people. He covered it in a plastic bag. While he walked to the direction of his house, a crowd of people we're gasping and whispering things to each other. He could see the uneasiness coming from them. "How could they do such a thing to a little girl?" "This is really too much." "How horrible to see this. Are they not ashamed of themselves?" Yesung made his way through the crowd and saw a group of imperial policemen. One was hitting a girl in the age of 9. "You dare to ask the countess for food?!" said Nickhun angered. Yesung saw how the girl was begging for him to stop, how she kept apologizing. But Nickhun did not bother to stop. Before the next hit would made any contact with the girl, Yesung jumped in between them and received the slap instead. The crowd gasped, while the imperial policemen stood shocked. Yesung kneeled on the ground and bowed to them. "Please stop hitting her. She is only a little girl. Hit me instead. Hit me for her mistake." Nickhun furrowed his eyebrows and lowered his hand. "You! Little girl, go fort! Seems like you are in luck today." The girl quickly grabbed her stuff and made a run for it. Just when Nickhun was about to release his punch, Taecyeon stopped him. He recognized the other man. He lowered himself to Yesung's height and placed his finger under his chin, so that their eyes would meet. Taecyeon's heartbeat fastened. It was the guy from yesterday. He felt it again, that weird feeling. He could not take his eyes away from his. While Yesung was trying to look anywhere but at him. "Let us leave things like this. We can not keep the countess waiting." Taecyeon was able to persuade them, but Kibum recognized him too. ''Are you not that guy from yesterday? How did the hunting go? Still out of luck I see? I mean otherwise you wouldn't  be here. Let me see what you got there." Kibum grabbed the plastic bag with the  bread and let it dangle back and forth. Yesung quickly stood up. "Please give it back. My father has not eaten yesterday." "Oh? So you want this? Go grab it." teased Kibum. He threw the bread away. They all began laughing excluding Taecyeon. He got livid with Kibum and punched him on his upper arm. "What are you all goofing around for! We still need to the countess! How can you let her wait huh!" They all tensed up and swiftly made their way to the countess. Taecyeon looked at Yesung, who jumped a little at the discomfort of Taecyeon's eyes on him. "What are you all standing here for?! Go back to your business!" screamed he to the crowd. He made his way to the bread and handed it back to him. Yesung could not believe his eyes. Taecyeon only wondered how it could be that this man before him was so ...pretty. "Please do not get yourself in too much trouble." He swiftly left to where his comrades have headed. Before he had not bothered to question his feeling because he thought he would never see him again, but whenever he saw that man he felt the urge to protect him. But most importantly, he forgot to ask his name. 
 
****
 
On his way home Yesung kept thinking about that man. How was he called again? He had only heard his name once or so. Taeson- Haeyeon- Taecon - Taecyeon? "Taecyeon." Yesung spoke to himself. He wondered why he as an imperial policemen would help someone like him. 
 
****
 
When Yesung had dropped off the bread and took the other half for himself to eat, he left to the forest to meet Siwon. When he arrived Siwon's face brightened, but in a second dropped. He approached Yesung and his cheek. "What happened to your face? Did someone hit you?" "It is nothing. Please do not worry about it." Siwon frowned but let it pass anyway. "Come. I want to show you something." Siwon took Yesung by his hand and led him the way. 
 
"May I look now?" asked Yesung with Siwon's hands covering his eyes. "Yes you may look." When Siwon's hands uncovered his eyes, he was looking at a wide area surrounded by various flowers. There was a river stream with different kinds of fish that occasionally sprang out. There even was a bridge built over it. But because of the winter, the water was icy and the flowers and bridge covered in snow. Even so the view was very beautiful. Siwon smiled happily seeing how Yesung was absorbed. He grabbed his hand and led him to sit against a tree. "So? What do you think about this?" Yesung had sparks in his eyes. "I never knew such a place. It is stunning." "I am one of the view people who knows about this place. I call it The Garden." "The Garden?" "Hm. Whenever I'm sad or angry or troubled, I come here to this place. I always feel at ease being here." "Can we come here more often?" "Sure. I would love to share this place with you." There was a moment of silence. "Can I ask you a question?" asked Yesung. "Yes, go ahead." "Do you... do you really like me?" Siwon sensed that he was tense, so he held his hand and looked him in the eyes. "Yes I do. I like you." He planted a gentle kiss on Yesung's forehead, whereby latter closed his eyes and re-opend them when the kiss was released. Yesung's eyes had turned anxious. "It is forbidden." "What is?" questioned Siwon. "Our love. Male to male relationship. It is a taboo subject." "It will be our secret." Siwon pulled Yesung towards him and caressed his hand. "I like you. Do you like me back?" Yesung gave his question a thought. "I am beginning to like you." "What do I have to do to make you like me more?" Yesung did not respond and avoided Siwon's eyes. "I'm sorry, I am going to fast, I know, I was just-" Yesung cut him off. "You do not have to worry. I am a person who is cautious with his words or actions. I need time for my feelings to grow. We need to know each other more."  "Then let us do that the next time we meet." Yesung nod. "How come your voice sounds so elegant?" asked Siwon changing the subject. Yesung began laughing out loud. "I do not find myself elegant in the least." However he stopped laughing as soon as Siwon did not respond. He looked at him, who was a little alarmed. "What is the matter?" "...Nothing." Siwon thought he saw someone for a second. Yesung looked around. "Is there someone here?" He began to panick a little. "No. Do not worry. Everything is fine." Siwon placed Yesung's head on his shoulder and embraced his waist. "How is your ankle?" "It is does not hurt anymore." "That is good." Siwon scooped up snow. The breezy weather made the snow fly from his hand. "...I want us to become lovers, right now." said Siwon bluntly. Eventhough his words came as a shock, Yesung was able to attain his calmness. They had already talked about it yesterday. "I sense this feeling inside me that tells me that you are the one I have been waiting for. I can feel it. We we're ment to meet each other sooner or later." Yesung had to fathom his words. "And you really believe in that?" "I do. Once your destiny is decided you can not escape it." Yesung did not believe in destiny at all. He finds it a weak thing that people use as an excuse for their behavior.  "What happened with two people becoming lovers because they love each other? I am sorry Siwon, but I cannot become your lover when there is no love between us." Yesung stood up, bowed his head a little and made his leave. Siwon sighed until he realized something. "Wait Yesung! You do not know the way back!" "I will find it! Trust me!" Siwon sighed again and touched his cheek. Yesung's presence was still here. His scent also. Destiny. Is destiny deception?