Rumor has it

The Psychologist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9E8wAtfQ4Y

Taeyeon- Missing you like crazy


 

Taemin's eyes slowly opened as he felt his arm being shaken.

"Taemin"

He ignored that voice and went back to sleep.

"Taemin"

Tch-ing, he rolled so that he was backing the caller. The caller, his roommate, Minho.

"Taemin-yah" Minho tried to wake him up once again, shaking Taemin's arm. Taemin quickly jerked up, his face filled with annoyance. Minho didn't move, he was getting used to this side of Taemin.

"What?" Taemin asked harshly.

Minho's heart clenched, he knew he would never get used to the maknae's new character. Never.

Taemin never respected his hyungs anymore after he heard about his parents' divorce news. His eyes never shine again, his laughters were nowhere to be heard. The whole dorm was always filled with silence, even Onew had to eat his chickens silently.

Minho had been trying to convince Taemin that his hyungs care for him. They love him the way he is, even after the weird things he has been doing. He failed his college, he cut his hair bald, he started to go to nightclubs, even Key didn't dare to nag at him again.

"Manager hyung called you" was Minho's response. Taemin ruffled his bed hair, annoyance was still clearly shown on his face. "He said it was about your drugs' rumor" Minho added.

Taemin stared at him. "I know" he gritted his teeth. "I don't see that problem related to you, so you better mind your own business"

Nodding, Minho walked out of the room, tears threatening to fall. He couldn't stand this. He couldn't stand when his bandmate, whom he considered as his own family, suffered a great pain. Minho knew that Taemin was suffering. His painful gaze told it all. Taemin was only being paranoid, overly paranoid that he thought everybody hated him.

-------------------

 

"Do whatever you want" Taemin said when his manager told him about his plan of getting Taemin a psychologist.

"Look, I've cleared your problems with the police, and they told me that your punishment is being arrested home, not in the jail. You were allowed out only for the psychological help and performing schedules" his manager gave him a reassuring smile.

"I said do whatever you want" Taemin rolled his eyes. The other man swallowed a sigh before smiling again.

"So when do you want the psychological help? You want it 3 times a week? Or 4? Or maybe--"

"DO. WHATEVER. YOU. WANT" the younger male glared at his manager before walking away.

His manager was left dumbfounded, but then he sighed while looking down. *When will you understand that we all care for you, Taemin...?* he thought. He flipped the documents in his hands over and over, finding the right candidate for a stubborn Taemin. The right candidate to be Taemin's private psychologist.

On the other hand, Taemin walked past s, who were eating their breakfast on the dining table. He didn't even take a glance at them, he just walked away like they didn't exist.

"Taemin, don't you want breakfast?" Key collected his courage to ask him. Taemin looked at him. "I made bulgogi" Key added, showing a little smile.

"Don't disturb me" the 3 words came out from Taemin's mouth made Key's shoulders deflated. Taemin expressionlessly continued his walk to his room.

-------------------

 

"This is the place" Taemin's manager got out from the van. Taemin followed him, not opening his mouth for any talk. "Let's come in" he gestured Taemin to come into the place.

It was a rehab, a huge one. Taemin could see some people scattered around the yard. Maybe the psychologists and their patients. Most of the patients seemed so weak, with thick eyebags under their eyes and skinny-- malnutrition body. Wrinkling his nose in disgust, Taemin walked behind his manager. He would never be like those pitiful patients. He would never.

Then they arrived inside the rehab. Taemin's manager directly went to the receptionist while Taemin looked around the rehab. It was dominated with brown and golden color on the walls and ivory colored tiles. There was a small chandelier above, making a feeling that we're in an expensive mansion and not in a rehab. It was relaxing, indeed.

"Your psychologist's name is Park Miyoung. Her office is at the 3rd floor, room 3C" his manager informed him. "Want me to walk you there?" his manager asked.

"I'm not a pre-school kid" Taemin said before walking away. He entered an opened elevator and pressed the button to the 3rd floor. The elevator closed as it began to go up. Luckily, as in Taemin's thought, nobody entered the elevator when he's in it.

A 'ding!' sound rang as the elevator opened again, letting Taemin to go outside. He stepped out from the elevator and found a long corridor ahead. Walking, he began to search room 3C.

The rooms' names were truly well-organized, that's why Taemin could easily found room 3C after passing room 3A and 3B. He stood in front of the door. Reaching out his hand, he twisted the doorknob and came in.

A girl, around 20, was sitting behind a desk... with her legs on the desk. A Galaxy Tab was placed on her lap. Her left hand was playing the tab, while her right hand holding a hamburger serving. Her ears were plugged by earphones as was busy chewing her food.

"Dream girl!" she chanted while nodding her head to the beat. "Sone jabhil deut jab hiji anneun dream girl!" she sang gleefully, her long brown hair bounced in process.

Taemin was still in front of her, startled. He was expecting a normal psychologist, the one with eyeglasses and serious face, not a girl who sang the song Dream Girl with full!

*This must be the psychologist's daughter* he thought. *All I need to do is asking where her mother was*

So Taemin walked closer to her desk. She didn't seem to notice him, proved by her fingers which were still sweeping her tab's screen swiftly. Taemin poked her shoulder. She looked up.

"Oh!" a shriek exited as she quickly pulled her leg back down. She placed her hamburger on the table and plugged off the earphones in her earholes. Locking her tab's screen, she put it inside a drawer.

Taemin only looked at her, as if she's an alien.

"I'm sorry" she stood up. "I'm Park Miyoung" she held out her hand, only to be stared by Taemin.

"You? Park Miyoung?"

"Yep" she nodded.

Taemin still didn't take her hand, so she put her hands back to her side. "You wanna drink something? Coffee, or maybe tea? By the way, you're Lee Taemin, right?" she asked after looking at her clipboard.

"I'm Lee Taemin" Taemin said, ignoring her first question.

"Uh... Let's sit first" she gestured at the sofa behind her. *Luckily the sofa wasn't as miserable as the owner* Taemin thought as he placed his on the analytic sofa. She took a chair behind her desk; which she sat on just now; and brought it beside the sofa. "Please lie down" she smiled.

Taemin laid his body down on the white sofa as Miyoung sat on the chair, not far from him. He rested his hands on his stomach.

"How are you today?" Miyoung asked.

"Not good" Taemin answered. She nodded.

"Is it true that you did consume drugs?" she twirled the pen between her fingers.

Taemin glared at her. "Isn't it obvious already? That's the reason I came here, duh"

"Hm... Then..." she reached out her hand and inserted it into Taemin's pocket. Taemin's eyes widened.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" he yelped.

"Gotcha" she pulled a small plastic bag from his pocket and smelled it. "Amphetamine pills, huh? This is not good for your teeth" she took out a lighter from her own pocket and flicked it on.

"No drugs were allowed inside this room, so don't try to bring any" she smiled when the fire in the lighter began to burn the plastic. Taemin gritted his teeth while looking away. "Finished" she said after the whole plastic and its contains were burnt.

"Next" she looked at her clipboard again. "Do you mind if I ask you a personal question?"

"Yes I do" Taemin replied in a matter of fact tone.

"Okay, then. Is it true that your parents divorced?"

"That's personal" Taemin snapped.

"Everybody knew it, so it's not personal anymore"

"Then why did you ask if you already knew the answer?" Taemin rolled his eyes.

"I want to hear it from you" she demanded. "It's okay. Spill it out"

Taemin wasn't convinced at all, eventhough she said that sentence with a very soft tone. He never believe such thing as 'it's okay' because nothing was okay in his life.

"Shut up" was Taemin's response. Miyoung blinked.

"How old are they?" she put her clipboard on her lap. Now that her questions weren't based on the questions on the clipboard; the ones she made earlier; anymore, these questions just popped out in her mind.

"Who?"

"Your parents"

"My father is 52, my mother is 50"

"Isn't it too old for them to divorce?" Miyoung blurted out, then she realized what she said. She clamped a hand over .

"I know" surprisingly, Taemin replied. Her gaze softened. *He only wanted his parents to be together till the end of their lives, to complete each other's presence* she thought.

"Now listen to me" she looked at the side view of his face. "I want you to talk to your parents"

Taemin moved his gaze from the ceiling to her. "Are you kidding me?"

"That's your first goal when you're still in therapy with me" Miyoung smiled. "I'm looking forward to you to accomplish it"

"In your dreams" Taemin snapped. "That'll never happen"

-------------------

 

Key was cutting some apples when he heard a sound of the front door being opened and closed. He immediately knew that Taemin's home because of the sudden silence, whereas Jonghyun, Minho and Onew were watching a sitcom on the TV and laughed like the world's gonna end tomorrow before the sound.

He just waited there while cutting the apples. He didn't stop trying, he would never stop trying to talk to Taemin. But he's tired. He's tired of Taemin's same response, which always broke his heart.

After finished cutting the apples, he brought the plate to the others. They were laughing silently at the sitcom. *We even have to laugh silently because of Taemin's sensitiveness now* he sighed.

"Apple, guys?" he asked. They noticed him and began eating the apples.

"Where's the pineapple jam?" Jonghyun asked. Jonghyun's new habit, eating apples with pineapple jam as the sauce.

"I forgot. Wait a second" Key got up and walked to the kitchen counter as he saw a familiar back view backing him and facing the kitchen counter. The flashback of Taemin cutting his wrist ran in his mind and he quickly ran to save Taemin, kept noting to himself to put the knife back into the drawer after using it.

But when he was close enough to see what Taemin was doing, he realized that Taemin wasn't cutting his wrist.

Taemin was cutting an apple.

"Taemin?" he called out. Taemin looked behind and quickly let go of the knife and the apple, then he walked back to his room. "Taemin! You want me to cut the apple for you?" he offered. Taemin just stayed silent while walking. Key stopped his steps and let Taemin went back to his room.

He spontaneously smiled. Taemin has never eaten anything at the dorm, he always bought his meal outside. And now, eventhough it's just an apple, Key couldn't help but felt happy.

He took the pineapple jam's jar in one of the drawers and hugged it to the other guys. "Here, yeobo!" he gave Jonghyun the jar.

"Finally you called me yeobo" Jonghyun raised his eyebrows. "What's with that creepy smile?"

"Nothing" Key continued smiling. "Nothing at all"

-------------------

 

Miyoung walked to the receptionist. "Hi, Jooyoung-ah!" she waved at her bestfriend. Jooyoung, the receptionist, smiled at her.

"How's your new client?" she asked while packing her things. "I heard he's a superstar"

"Yeah. He's Lee Taemin from SHINee" Miyoung said. "He's a something" she rolled her eyes.

"Oh, the one with drugs problem? I read his news on the internet" Jooyoung responded. "Let's go" she grabbed her bag and went out from the receptionist desk. "Bye, Hana" she bid a goodbye to Hana, the receptionist who has a shift after hers. Hana smiled at her, waving goodbye.

The bestfriends walked to the parking lot.

"Any plans tonight?" Jooyoung asked.

"Don't know. Maybe cuddling with pillows" Miyoung said.

"How about Jiho?"

Miyoung turned silent at the question. Jooyoung noticed this.

"He's your boyfriend, Miyoung. Tell him to spend more time with you" she sighed. "So you're alone again tonight?"

"Yeah" Miyoung nodded.

"I'm going clubbing tonight. Wanna go?" Jooyoung offered. "It's been a long time since the last time we went clubbing"

"Of course!" Miyoung grinned. She loves clubbing, eventhough she's a psychologist. Hey, psychologists are humans too, okay?

They arrived at Miyoung's car. She entered the driver's seat while Jooyoung entered the passanger's. Starting the engine, she drove away from the rehab. Jooyoung turned the radio on. The song Dream Girl was played through it.

"Hey... SHINee sang this song, right?" Jooyoung pointed to the radio.

"Yep"

"Then your client sang this song too?"

"Yeah"

"Cool" Jooyoung praised. "Eek, it's 7 pm already! I don't wanna miss DJ Viola's performance tonight!" she blurted after checking her watch.

"What? DJ Viola?!" Miyoung shrieked. "What time?"

"She'll start at 8 pm!" Jooyoung yelled.

"Then let's just change in my apartment!" Miyoung stepped on the gas pedal deeper. "DJ Viola here we come!"