Just For You

What Makes a Rock Star

There will be a song, somewhere down there. PLEASE play it. Read it as the song plays . You'll appreciate it more.. I think. 


 

“Oh. Hello there, pretty lady.” I heard Hyo saying in a suave tone followed by a smooching sound as he kissed her hand made. The image makes my toe curl automatically. Jinjja? Why do girls like that? It’s gross!

 

“…” Obviously, the maid was speechless.

 

"I hope we didn't bother you, milady but I'm here for a delivery." he said, opening the sack and revealing me inside.


 

What Makes a Rock Star


 

Chapter 14

(Just For You)


 

Reach. Retract. Reach again. Retract again. *Sighs*

 

“Oh! Come on.” Hyo groaned in frustration.

 

I ignored him. I took a deep breath.My heart pounded so hard against my chest. I rubbed my hands together before slowly reaching for the doorknob. I was only centimeters away from finally holding the knob when the image of Jessica’s crying face flashed on my mind. Just like that, the mental note I had for my apology vanished from my memory. The next thing I knew, I already retracted my hand and stomped my feet childishly.

 

“Yul! Stop doing that! She might hear you from inside!” Hyo said in annoyance.

 

“This is frustrating, Hyo! Can we just go back tomorrow or some other day?” I whined. 

 

“No. We will stay here until we both get what we went here for.” He said strictly.

 

I looked at him with a puppy expression, pouting. 

 

“Yah! You want me to punch you? Stop the aegyo Yul. Jeez. You're supposed to be the badass among us! What have they done to you here?” He said, rubbing the goosebumps on his arms. “Just open the door and say sorry already. So we can go home and you can continue whatever it is Taeyeon said you’re doing here!” He said harshly. 

 

“Do I really have to?” I said, facing him with a sheepish expression. His face palmed himself. What? Could he blame me? The whole thing was making me crazy!

 

"Yes! For god's sake yes! Just finish this already so you can go back to the dorm! Gee. Do you think we’re immortals!? It’s really hard living with Tiffany when all she does is complain about how you are not there!” He hissed at me before looking away with a gloomy expression. “Besides, the dorm feels strange with just the four of us.” He muttered under his breath.

 

I sighed. Don't tell me he plans to make me guilty too.

 

I put my attention back to the door of the room I used to occupy. Hyo had been ‘guarding’ me since we arrived, making sure that I went with Taeyeon’s plan, while Sooyoung ‘entertains’ the maids downstairs. We've been here for quite sometime but haven't got any progress. I stared at the door. Behind it was the brat. Can I really do this? Apologize?

 

Hyo rolled his eyes. “Jinjja! Are you planning to stay there the whole night? Why are you so scared anyway? It’s not like the girl's a monster.”

 

I looked at him incredulously. “You have no idea.” 

 

---

 

I peeked inside the room and saw her sitting in the couch, hugging her knees.  I tiptoed my way inside, moving as quietly as possible, ignoring the loud thumping of my heart.

 

She didn’t notice my presence until I sat down beside her and hugged my knees, mimicking her. “Miss me, already?” I asked with a forced smile. 

 

She looked at me with a bewildered expression that was changed to a scowl as soon as it showed. Her eyes were still puffy. I looked away shamefully, guilty for making her cry again. I took a deep breath, trying to compose myself. There is no backing out now. 

 

Jessica did not reply. She focused her gaze on the carpet, tracing it with her index finger in a circular manner. I sighed and began fiddling with my fingers, letting the awkwardness fill the air.  

 

Now? Where do I start?

 

I stayed quiet, giving short worried glances at her while silently cursing myself. This is why I hate this idea. I don’t really know how to apologize properly. Why can’t I just say I'm sorry? People do that all the time! Sometimes even when they don’t mean it! 

 

“Why are you back?” She asked, breaking the silence. Her voice was still croaky from crying.

 

‘To say sorry for making you cry, for breaking my promise, for everything.’ I wanted to say but my jaw feel locked. ‘Speak up! You coward!’ I thought to myself, but still, I ended up gritting my teeth, reluctant to apologize.

 

“If it’s your things, it’s in the box next to the end table. Just get it and close the door when you leave.” She said, trying to sound cold but failed because her voice became brittle at the last sentence. Then she began sniffing. She's crying again! Goddamn it! Such a crybaby!

 

The feeling was agonizing; knowing what to do yet not knowing how to do it. I felt like it's eating me from the inside. Suddenly, I want to punch myself. I wonder if she will like that. Maybe she’ll forgive me if I do that even if I don’t apologize. She did look happy whenever she tricks or manipulates me or torture me.

 

The sniffing sound grew louder. I opened my mouth, struggling to say something. I was getting desperate but there was still nothing. The lingual center of my brain just deserted me. Great.

 

I leaned back, resting my head on the couch and sighed. There’s really no way I could say I’m sorry.  Sorry was something I said unconsciously, only when the situation was unexpected and I couldn’t hold myself back. But this time was different. 

 

I felt the couch shifted. I looked at Jessica. She wiped her tears with her arms like a child does, ready to stand up. “If you don’t have anything you need from me, then~” She began. I was alarmed. I grabbed her wrist, stopping her. She looked at me confusedly.

 

“Just~Just wait okay? Jessica. Give me a break. It’s not like every day I say sorry.” I muttered unconsciously in an undertone. I ran my hand on my hair self-consciously, looking at her from the corner of my eyes. Her expression was unreadable. Tsk. What do I expect? Jessica had always been unreadable.

 

I took a deep breath and faced her. “Okay. Here it goes. Jessica. Listen. I’m~ *Gulps* I’m~I’m~I’m~” I peeked at Jessica. “I’m~ I'm~ *Gag* Aish!" I groaned in frustration, clutching my head. I can't do this! Now to plan B! 

 

I bent my body forward in urgency, making my head right in front of her. “Okay! Go ahead! Punish me instead! Punch me! Knock my head! Pull my hair! You choose!” I shouted in desperation while pointing at my head. She didn’t do anything. “Do it.” I turned to her and demanded.

 

The brat looked at me with a blank expression! I rolled my eyes. Jinjja! Why do I always need to explain everything? Sometimes girls lack common sense! “I hurt you, right? Now I give you permission to hurt me. After this we’re quits and we will continue with the lessons. You get it now, brat? So do it now before I change my mind.” I explained irritably before facing the ground again, crossing my arms.  “The fact that I came back, setting my pride aside, she still expects me to say sorry? Tsh.” I muttered grumpily under my breath unaware that she could hear me.

 

My neck was already hurting but the brat was yet to act. I jerked my head up to face her, ready to yell her to start beating me so we could get over it. I stopped halfway when I saw the look on her face.

 

She looked like a child trying to cry without noise; sniffing, biting her lips which now turned into a cute pout.  

 

Damn you monster of cuteness! Why does she need to look this adorable right now?! This brat monster! Now how could I snap at you if you look like that?! 

 

I scratched my head irritably and bent forward again. “Ok. Be like that! I’ll stay like this until you forgiv~ I mean, hit me.” I threatened stubbornly. I guess I would have to endure the stiff neck later.

 

*sniff*

*sniff*

 

Nothing.

 

*sniff*

*sniff*

 

Damn! My neck is starting to get sore!

 

*sniff*

*sniff*

 

I stretched my neck to lessen my discomfort. “I’m going to stay whether you hit me or not.” I said insistently, maintaining my position.

 

*sniff*

*sniff*

*sniff*

 

Aish. I could stand this position but not her sniffing!

 

I straightened up and went down the couch to face her. “Are you going to hit me or do you want me to hit myself for…. you~?” My voice faltered when Jessica suddenly hugged me. I stiffened. Despite my surprise; I instinctively put my hands on her waist to support her weight better. “J-Jessica?” I stuttered, my cheeks flushing red because of the sudden contact. 

 

Well, I didn’t expect this.

 

“I really thought you came back only for your clothes.” She said in a muffled voice, cutting me off. She was sobbing heavily, her arms warmly wrapped around my neck like a koala. 

 

I pulled slightly away, trying to have a view of her face. I almost smiled when I  saw the innocence glistening on her face as she cried. I swallowed the lump in my throat, unable to say anything. Inhale. Exhale. Why does dealing with Jessica always make me feel like I need loads of oxygen? I couldn’t understand what I’m feeling. It's like she’s making me uncomfortable in a good way. Did that even make sense?

 

She tightened her grip on me, burying her face on my shoulder. I let her. I don’t know why but it felt right; like it will somehow make her stop crying.  

 

“Are you really staying here with me again?” She asked with a squeaky voice, giving gentle vibrations against my shoulders. I felt myself blush harder. I shook my head. 

 

“Y-Yeah. I think so.” I said absently. I noticed for the first time that she’s still wearing the headband I gave her. "You're wearing the headband." I pointed out. I allowed myself to smile slyly. I couldn't believe she still wore that despite what happened. 

 

"Of course, you gave it to me." She sobbed more, hugging me closer. Could she be clingier? And why am I hoping she could be?

 

“Hey brat, I can’t… breathe.” I held both her wrists, wanting her to detach the hug. I gulped the lump in my throat. More hugs from her and I think it won't be easy for me to just let her stop. Wait. Aish! What did I just think? This. Is really really really weird.

 

She answered me with a sob. I sighed. I think there’s no way the brat will let go of me on her own. I put my hands on top of hers. “I’ll stay. I’ll help you win. You can let go of me now, Sica. I won't be going anywhere.” I said, peeling her hands off me gently.

 

“I’m really sorry for what I said, oppa. I didn’t mean to say those things to you.” She said. She held her gaze low, still pouting.

 

I started grinning.  “You don’t need to cry. It’s not like it’s a big deal to me.” I said, shrugging my shoulders, trying to sound nonchalant but sounded giddy instead. Jessica just called me oppa. It felt good but it was really bad timing. How could I stay cool now that I feel like my ears are clapping on their own because of happiness?

 

“I promise, I will try harder and do better from now on.” She said, still sobbing.

 

I leveled my face on hers. Using both thumbs, I wiped the tears on her cheeks. “Of course you will. You have me. Like what I said before; whether you want it or not, you will have to do better.” I said cockily before patting her head.

 

“I’m really sorry for being angry at you, oppa.” She looked at me with pleading eyes before she hung her head low. “I was afraid. I thought you’re really going to leave me.” She said, almost in a whisper.

 

“Yeah. I thought so too.” I said reassuringly. I was thankful that  she’s not looking at me. The grin on my face got wider. That oppa-thing rubbed me off too much. Even with Jessica crying, I felt like jumping for no reason.

 

“I know you just want to help me but things were not working out for me~” She started explaining again.

 

“Brat, stop trying to explain and stop crying. We both have shortcomings. Let’s both let this off, okay? Partners again?” I offered my hand thoughtfully, managing to convert my grin to a smile before she could see it.

 

She stared at my hand, still in the process of grasping what I was suggesting. Slowly she took my hand. “Partners again.” She said, giving me a close-lipped smile that reached the eye. I just love that. I smiled wider.

 

"Now, before I forget.” I stood up and pulled on her wrist. "Come with me for a while. I want to introduce you to someone." 

 

"Huh?"

 

"They're the one who brought me back here. Don't worry. You'll love them." I said with knowing smirk.

 

---

 

Sooyoung was on the couch. He’s in the middle of eating a Snicker bar. He saw us. He stared at Jessica. His jaw dropped. Half-chewed Snickers fall to the floor. Ew. He’s really gross sometimes. He looked at Jessica then to me then to Jessica again then to Hyoyeon who’s on the other side of the couch, in the middle of flirting with the maid. He punched Hyo.

 

"Ouch! What?!" Hyo shouted at Soo then his gaze fell on us. He stared wide eyed. "Holy mother of hotness." I snickered. If I have met Jessica in a different circumstance, I might have acted the same.

 

I peeked at Jessica from the corner of my eye. She was surprised too. Just what I expected. She’s our fan isn’t she? I want to laugh out loud. Taeyeon is really the best! So this was his real agenda! I haven’t told him about Jessica being our fan but maybe he thought of using the duo to woo her over. Really great idea. I guess I would have to save the beating for him next time.

 

The two scrambled to their feet and introduced themselves to Jessica. Jessica politely introduced herself to them. I held my chest up the whole time. Somehow the whole introduction thing is making me proud. Jessica gave me occasional glances and I gave her an approving nod. She smiled to me, making me prouder. I waited for the right timing before sneaking to Hyo’s side. “You did bring a guitar with you, right?” I whispered to him discreetly.

 

He gave me a curious look. “Yes we do, actually we have more than that. We used the van to transfer you here, if you haven't noticed."

 

"Good."

 

"Why? What do you have in mind?” He asked.

 

I smiled mischievously. “Oh, nothing. I just thought there’s nothing special about this at all and I’m Kwon Yuri. Things can’t end this simple.” I smirked.

 

Hyo gave a hearty laugh, shaking his head. “They really did something to you here, Yul.” He said almost to himself. He gave me a knowing look before he gestured to me to come closer. I did. “Listen. I think I have the best idea of what we should play.” He said smugly.

 

I raised an eyebrow. “This better be good.”

 

 --- 

 

Hyo elbowed me and twitched his eyebrows twice as he put an arm on Sooyoung shoulders and walked ahead of us.

 

“So, how are they?” I asked Jessica as we walked the two to the car. My gaze averted at Hyo, already outside, giving me the thumbs up.

 

“They were nice and easy to talk to. I kinda like them.” Jessica said.

 

“Good, cause they told me they like you too.”

 

She shyly smiled at the ground. She might be remembering the two’s antics. The two have been talking to Jessica the whole time, distracting her while I’m gone setting up the scene outside with the maids and Mr Jan. I chuckled at the memory. They seemed more excited than me about the impromptu idea.

 

When I came back, the two were giving me malicious glances while Jessica was chuckling in between them, looking at me like I’m a clown. I don’t know what they’ve talked about but I have a very bad feeling about it. Especially when I saw the look the two gave me. I better remember to ask Jessica what the two said to her during my absence.

 

We’re nearing the door and I signaled one of the maids to occupy Jessica’s attention so I could sneak out.

 

I took my guitar for the rhythm and tested the mic.

 

“When do we start?” Hyo asked.

 

“When she open the door.”

 

"Hear that Soo?"

 

"Ayt!"

 

“You’re really sure with this song, Hyo?”

 

“Yeah. Don’t worry. It’s Japanese. She won’t understand most of it but she’ll find it sweet for sure” He said, grinning. “Calm down, lover boy.”

 

“What lover boy!? I’m not~”

 

“Shut up. The door’s opening. Sooyoung! Get Ready!”

 

"Ayt!"

 

The front door opened. Everything was dark.

 

"1, 2, 3!" My Sweet Baby

 

Hyo started playing intro. Then the light opened and I sang the first verse of the song. Jessica was bewildered of what happened as she looked to the maid who was previously on her side, now gone. 

 

my baby, sweet baby

I see you smiling when I close my eyes

’cause I miss you, I need you right now

 

Jessica's eyes widened as she saw Sooyoung, on the drums and Hyo, on the lead. None of them is singing. I am. She scanned the surrounding, looking for me. I revealed myself, appearing from her back and gave her a rose I picked from their garden. She looked at me in disbelief and I gave an encouraging nod, gesturing her to take the rose. She absently took it from my hands. I smiled and walked to where the other two were playing. I never took my eyes off her.

 

"tadaima" moroku ni ienakute gomen ne

never knew I’d make you feel lonely

 

Jessica watched me with an awed expression on her face. She was totally not expecting this. Much better.

 

kuchiguse no "tsukareta" mo boku wa iisugi dane…

kaeri wo matsu hou ga tsurai no ni…

 

I focused on singing, eyes closed.

 

and we’re back to screaming

sasai na koto de mata

can’t stop the rain

 

The maids stood behind Jessica's back and watched the scene with a dreamy expression.

 

so tagai ni yuzurazu ni kigatsukeba

together again

’cause only you can drive me crazy

 

I looked at her like I'm whipped as I sang.

 

my baby, sweet baby oh

itsumo sunao ni dekinai boku wo

anata wa yasashiku tsutsunde 

kureru yuiitsu no hito dayo *Song Fade*

 

I walked in front of her and kneeled on one knee.  I took her hand, not taking my eyes off her. I kissed it. "CLICHÉ  Fanservice. Only for the Ice Princess."
 

 


A/N: Link for Song If you want to read the meaning of the song. You'll discover why I choose it for Yul to sing ^_^

Please do comment. Make me know if the chapter had an effect on you or something. LOL. Really, comments made my day. ;)

Thanks for the support guys. Please continue reading this fic.

Special Thanks to drejin014* and ReenzLoveSoshi for the upvote!