Kwon Casanova

What Makes a Rock Star

 

There was her…. and there was Onew. Onew had encircled his arms on her waist, he'd pulled her head closer, sealing her lips with a kiss.

 

Sometimes… happens.

 

But sometimes….. happens again and again.


 

What Makes a Rock Star


 

Chapter 11

(Kwon Casanova)


 

And I ended up going to school alone.

 

Jessica said something came up and she won’t be joining me to school. So she gave me the key to her locker, asked me to take out the letters for her, don’t open them and give it to one of her personal maids. She even emphasized that I’m not allowed to go inside her room before she made her way back to the gate with Onew tugging behind her.

 

My eyes followed her as she walked away. I was expecting she would look back. I did just give her a gift, didn’t I?

 

But she didn’t.

 

That ungrateful brat. Cold as ice as always.

 

I went to her locker and did what she wanted me to do.

 

I wondered what she did with these letters.

 

I wondered where all of them were coming from and why.

 

I wondered what she’s doing right now.

 

I wondered why I was following her.

 

And most especially, I wondered why I was not even planning to go back to Jung's mansion when I practically didn’t need to go to class to pass time anymore. I tried to think of reasons why for that important last question.

 

Choice number one: I’m just too lazy to go home by foot. I don’t have Mr. Jan’s number to make him pick me up.

Choice number two: I want to see girls. There are loads of them here, especially my innocent little angel, Seohyun.

Choice number three, which I contemplate as the most probable reason why, is: The student life is slowly starting to creep into me.

 

I’m not exactly sure if I’m actually enjoying attending class now. I was much younger when our band boomed in the industry. We were so in demand, especially me; the composer, that I needed to stop studying even if I don’t want to.

 

But there is one thing I’m sure about.

 

There were other factors that motivated me to attend class and one of those was that scary -to-death, mind boggling, crazy teacher-slash-philosopher who has the ability to play with my mind like Jessica.

 

Yesterday, we had an assignment to be passed and I didn’t have a slightest idea about it! I was so nervous when that teacher asked us to bring out our assignments. I was sweating like crazy! Don’t go saying I’m a sissy. Believe me, if you see that teacher you’ll react exactly like me. In the end, I spent the subject facing the wall like I’m a 5 year old kid punished because I didn’t want to eat vegetables.

 

I really hope no one recorded that yet another embarrassing moment. My fans will desert me, I can feel it.

 

After the last letter was secured, I turned around only to be greeted by the scowling face of Im Yoona. I narrowed my eyes on her. “What do you want?” I asked threateningly. I don’t think we’re on friendly terms. I never liked how she treated Jessica.

 

She had her arms crossed, looking as arrogant as ever. “Have you ever thought she’s just using you?” She asked.

 

I raised my eyebrow. I knew she’s pertaining to Jessica.  

 

“Yes.” I answered indifferently.

 

Of course she’s using me. She asked me to be her trainer! Isn’t that the reason she brainwashed me to sign that stupid contract?

 

I saw her eyes widened in surprise. “You do know she’s going to ditch you one of these days, right?”

 

“Yeah.” I answered her again, unfaltering. 

 

Well, the contract's going to end, isn't it?

 

“You are pathetic.” She said with disgust.

 

“And what are you? A ?” 

 

I’m Kwon Yuri. No one dares to insult me. I’ll make you pay, even if you’re a girl.

 

She gave me a threatening glare. I thought she’s going to insult me back but to my surprise, she laughed. She laughed menacingly, instantly managing to irritate the hell out of me. I swear I wanted to shove something on to make her stop.

 

“You changed a lot, Nerd. Oh wait! You don’t even count as a nerd anymore.” She looked at the good number of students surrounding us from the corner of her eyes then looked back at me slyly. “Not even a week passed before you came here but you’re already going up the level when students are beginning to see you in a different light. You worked hard Yujin. But I don’t think you can keep it going by sticking up to that stuck-up Princess.” She said, hissing the last words like poison.

 

That's it.

 

I was angry.

 

Really angry.

 

This deer looking who doesn't even have enough s to begin with was insulting Jessica like she’s way better than her.

 

I’ll tell you a little secret.

 

I could be a little scary sometimes.

 

I pulled her harshly by the arm and pinned her to the lockers. I braced my arms on both her sides, trapping her in between me and the locker. I heard a gasp coming from the crowd but no one dared to interfere.

 

She looked shocked. Horrified even. She couldn’t even look me in the eye. I smirked at her wickedly. I traced my fingers on her jaw like a cat playing with its prey. She looked down, trying to avoid my underestimating gaze I was giving her.

 

I don’t like that.

 

So I tilted her chin a bit. I leaned my head closer, making sure our faces were almost touching. She tried turning her head away from me but I was strong. She could do nothing against me.

 

“I will never hear you talking about anyone anymore. Do you understand?” I said, in a haunting whisper before I smiled sweetly at her.

 

You know, that creepy, sweet smile yandere characters do when they’re killing someone. That kind of smile.

 

I pulled away and gave the spectators a threatening glare. “If you’re smart, I suggest you erase the video you just took. You see. I’m not really nice to people invading privacy.” I said to them stoically, mimicking Jessica.

 

All of them took out their phones and showed to me, simultaneously, as they deleted the video. I smiled at them, satisfied. “Now we can agree.” I said cockily before taking the bag of letters and my things, disregarding the admiring looks the students were giving me.

 

“He's so cool. Oh my Gawd.” “He’s so hawt.” “Is he really that nerd who follows the Ice Princess around?” I heard some of them saying.

 

It made me scowl even more.

 

Hell with these ignorant people who admire the right guy for the wrong reason. 

 

I made my way to my first class, not even bothering to give Im Yoona a second glance.

 

---

 

Now let’s not get too serious.

 

I was just acting.

 

I learned all that by watching badass anime with really awesome and wickedly blood thirsty protagonists. I couldn’t remember how much time I spent practicing that yandere smile. But I'm glad now that I tried learning them. You don’t know how helpful those skills were, especially when there's constant flow of paparazzi lurking around you or when someone constantly tries to grab you or aggressive fans get too excited when they see you.

 

I know I kind of overdid the façade with Yoona but she really ticked me off. She and that alligator mouth of hers.

 

One thing I hate the most are people judging others without basis. That happened to us a lot. It was traumatizing. Brings down almost all your self-confidence. I don’t like that happening to others. Especially to Jessica. She needed confidence now like a doctor needed epinephrine during asystole.  

 

Jessica and I made a deal.

 

I will make sure that, in all the fair means possible,  I would help her make that happen.

 

---

 

I went to the piano room as soon as my last class was done. The room felt really empty when I’m alone. I sat on the piano and started staring at the keys. I trailed my hands on the keys. Keys that were once my best friend but are now a threat to my pathetic existence. Suddenly, I was reminded of those days that I can easily create a song, any melody whenever I want, wherever I want, whatever I’m feeling.

 

I looked at the piano again. ‘How did this happen?’ I asked myself. How is it even possible for a genius to suddenly lose his only power?

 

I thought back, finding what could have gone wrong.

 

I thought back, trying to remember what gives me the ability to create all those music.

 

My eyebrows furrowed. I gave an exasperated groan and banged the keys in frustration.

 

I thought back and realized I couldn’t even point out how my music even started.

 

I gave out a loud sigh. Plopping my chin on my palm, I began playing with the keys, dwelling on each note.

 

I could still play no doubt about that. But I know by heart that playing alone does not make someone a musician.

 

I sighed tiredly. I couldn’t even call myself a musician anymore.

 

Dang.

 

Now, I wish that brat is here! She’s a really good diversion. Her and never ending complaints. At least she could stop me from being melodramatic over something I could no longer change.

 

Straightening up, I heaved a sigh and tried to recall the song Jessica was playing. One thing about my skills is that I could play anything even though I only heard it once. I imagined Jessica singing the song while I’m on the piano, accompanying her. We could have sounded so great.

 

 I missed a note when I remembered her playing and singing at the same time.

 

I sighed tiredly. I need to figure out something for that brat.

 

“Oppa?” I stopped playing and turned my head to the door.

 

“Seo?”

 

She went inside the room hesitantly, holding hands at her back like a behaved kindergarten.  “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to disturb you again but I was passing by when I heard the piano playing. It was really good so I thought I’ll go check it out.” She explained with a tight lipped smile.

 

“Oh? That’s okay. I don’t mind. Want to sit?” I offered her and scooted to make a space for her.

 

She sat beside me and I continued playing, but now another one of our songs. I gave her brief smiles as I played.

 

“Never knew you like Cliché.” She pointed out. Oh? I like them. Cause I know them. From head to toe.

 

“You know Cliché?” Throwing the question back to her.

 

She didn’t answer. Instead, she smiled. “Mind if I join?” She asked and I just shrugged my shoulder saying I don't mind and smiled.

 

So we begin playing. The girl is damn hell skillful. She’s playing with the notes, complimenting it, making it her own. The song ended and we laughed happily because of how fun it has been.

 

“You play really good Seo.” I complimented her.

 

She tucked her hair behind her ears shyly, missing some that dangles in front of her eyes. “Thank you, Oppa.” She said shyly. I reached out for her hair fixing it for her. She blushed and tried to hide her face. I began to grin. How can someone look so innocent?

 

As soon as I brought my hands down, she jerked beside me. “O-Oppa!” she exclaimed, her cheeks looking so red now. She’s looking down on her hands which are tugging at her skirt. I looked at her, amused. “I- I want to show you the song I’m playing for my recital.” She said, looking away.

 

“Oh. Sure.” I said, pleased with myself. I could sense I’m starting to have an effect on her now.

 

So she started playing and smiling at me from time to time. “This is my own piece, Oppa.” She pointed out proudly as she played.

 

“It’s beautiful.” I complimented as I looked at her admiringly. You know, as I watched Seo playing, it’s like I’m seeing someone so young, a kid, but already knows what she wants to be when she grows up. I don't know but she has that confident and determined aura about her.

 

The song ended and I gave her a round of applause. She bowed at me shyly which I found kind of  silly since there’s only the two of us but she still didn't want to drop the formalities.

 

“Let’s play another one?” I offered. She nodded. I guess she’s enjoying this as much as I am. So we played another one. 

 

“Seo.” I said to her as we played. “You know I can speak Japanese.”

 

“Oh. Really?” she said, still playing.

 

“Yeah. Want me to teach you some?” She nodded. “Anata wa kirei desu~” I said to her. I could feel my inner Casanova coming. I bet he’s eager to come out now. He’s been on leave for days now.

 

“What does that mean?”

 

“You are beautiful.” I said, smiling at her suggestively at her and winked.

 

She stopped playing. I saw her facial expression changed to a flustered one. She slapped my arm self-consciously, and brought her hand to , looking down shyly.  “Oppa~ah. You’re teasing me.” she whined.

 

“What? I’m just teaching you.” I laughed in a silly manner. She pouted at me. “Okay okay. Here’s another one. Want to know what's the first words I learned in Japanese?”

 

She raised her eyebrows questioningly.

 

“Watashi no yume.”

 

“What does that mean?”

 

“Oh. Don’t worry. You’ll know when you sleep.” I said, giving a knowing smile.

 

She frowned.

 

I laughed at her again, good naturedly. She’s really cute. Kawaii~ “Okay so here’s the last one, Seo. You’ll repeat after me okay?”

 

“Sure!” She said cheering up a bit.

 

“Say, Wa-ta-shi ni~" I started. 

 

"Wa-ta-shii- nii~" She mimicked cutely.

 

"Shi-te~" I said. I could imagine my invincible devil’s tail wagging excitedly. 

 

“Shii-te~" 

 

"~ku-da-sai~” 

 

“~kuda-sa-ii~"

 

"Ki-su~"

 

"Kii-su~~  Shi-te ku-da-sai kii-su~” she repeated.

 

“As you wish.” I said with a victorious smile before I leaned closer to her put my lips near her ear. “Want to know what it means?” I whispered. Seohyun started shrinking on her seat and nodded stiffly. 

 

Then I kissed her cheeks before saying, “It means kiss me please.”

 

That, my friend, is Kwon Casanova.

 

I pulled away, admiring the product of my work.

 

Seohyun was speechless. She’s not even moving. Her cheeks were as red as beet.

 

I stood up in my seat. I’ve done enough now. I put my hands on the shoulder of the red stone version of Seohyun. “I think I’ll go now Seo. Thank you for today.” I said to her. I just turned around when I felt something warm holding on to my wrist.

 

“Seo?”

 

“A-About your offer.” She said, looking shyly away from me before letting go of my hand. What offer? I looked at her confusedly. “Y-You know, about the .. the Ice Cream shop?”

 

Oh. I see. I almost forgot that.

 

I smiled at her. “What about it?”

 

She played her foot while looking down. She looked so cute I wanted to squish her cheeks so bad. “I decided to come with you. Is the offer still open?” She asked with a worried expression.

 

“Of course. See you in front of the school this coming Saturday.” I said coolly before I went out. Kwon Casanova strikes again.

 

Who thought something good will come out with Jessica leaving me behind?

 

Just like they say. When the cat is out, the mouse will play.

 


A/N: Chapter inspired by BB's Casanova, SeungriPanda

Yandere is a fictional character who fits the archetype of being genuinely romantic, loving, kind, merciful, sparing, sweet and gentle, but is at the same time brutal, psychotic or deranged in behavior.

Epinephrine is the primary drug administered during cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to reverse cardiac arrest. Epinephrine increases arterial blood pressure and coronary perfusion.

Asystole means a cardiac standstill/no heart function. (I'm sorry if I confused you for using such analogy.)

Watashi no yume means dream of me.

 

 

Special thanks to zweilts_lawliet for the upvote :)

Thank you for reading.

I hope you enjoy.

Please do comment. 

 

I made a new story. It's Taeny . 

A Stranger. A Sister. A Friend. A Lover.