CAPTURED PART 10

CAPTURED

 

JESSICA POV

After entering the elevator, I make sure my distance to tiffany; I don’t want to stand near to her.

It just makes everything more awkward, like every time I look at her flashbacks of the first time I saw her coming back to my mind.

The way I smiled when I first saw her, those burning feeling on my cheeks every time I see her smiling at me.

I might melt if I look at her, so to avoid that I have to keep my distance to her and also avoid my head to turning to her direction.

Standing like a statue inside the elevator, tiffany might think what I’m doing is weird but I need to do this so I can be spared from looking at her. But the elevator door doesn’t help because I can still see her reflection.

Sigh; as long as I don’t make eye contact on her I’ll be fine.

“where to Ms. Jung?” I heard her voice breaking me from my reverie

My eyes still fixed on the elevator door; I can see her looking at me as she smile

Ms. Hwang, can you please stop doing that?

“ground floor parking lot” I answered my neck really feels stiff right now, I need to move

“oh, we’re heading to the same floor” she said

After that none of us talked, I’m still not moving although I know tiffany doesn’t have the slightest idea on what I’m doing…pretending to be a statue.

If she knew maybe she’ll be thinking that I’m like a fool standing here, with my arms crossed and my eyes moving back from my reflection to her.

I just hope, really really hope that she won’t notice my stare at her reflection and also my slight flushed face, even if she’s not smiling or looking at me and just seeing her a little blurry reflection on the elevator door makes me blush.

Ms. Hwang I think I like you.

“what happened?”I heard her say, good thing my sense of hearing is still working and that made me look at her, okay now I don’t care if she see me blushing.

I also want to know what happened because the elevator suddenly stopped.

I can see her pressing some buttons, she even pressed the emergency button, but it seems like its not working.

What happened?

Why did we suddenly stop?

I walk towards where she stands, I’m surprise because my brain and muscles are now functioning well making me human again and not a statue like earlier “this thing, haven’t stop ever since the company opened”

but the truth is this elevator had stopped before, I remember me and Sooyoung got stuck here for 10-20 minutes along with some employees.

I just told her that so she won’t panic “I’ll try calling someone” she said as she move a little to the side

“okay” I move back to my place and grab my phone inside my bag, I looked at the screen and it showed me 12 missed calls and 1 text message from Yuri.

I read Yuri’s message first, she said that she’ll pick me up at my place to have dinner, I was about to reply to her message when I remember that there is always no signal inside an elevator.

“Signal is not available here” both of us said as I’m looking at my phone

I look at the CCTV camera place on the left side of this elevator “I hope someone will fix this elevator immediately”

I hope the securities in-charge in watching the CCTV is still inside their office “let’s just wait. Someone will fix this thing and we’re going to go out in no time” I said trying to assure tiffany that everything will be alright

None of us speak again as we wait for this thing to move, we have been waiting for 10 minutes but still the elevator doesn’t make a slight movement.

Good thing the air-conditioning system is still working if not, I’m probably melting here. It’s not only tiffany’s smile that can make me melt it’s also when the temperature becomes hot.

I backward a little so I can let my back rest on the cold steel wall of this elevator, I grab my phone again inside my bag, to check if somehow a single signal bar might appear, that’s all I need to contact someone out there, the security I think are not behind those CCTV monitors because we are still stuck here.

Sigh, what time are we going to get out of this steel box?

TIFFANY POV

“Let’s just wait. Someone will fix this thing in and we’re going to go out in no time” she said, I just nodded and continue to stand at my place

I think we have been stuck inside this elevator for 10 minutes now, and still I and Ms. Jung are not talking.

I backward a little because my back is hurting from standing this long and the fact that I’m wearing heels is not helpful, I took a glance at Ms. Jung she’s also resting her back on the cold steel wall of this elevator, while she stares at her phone.

I looked at my watch it’s already 5:30 in the afternoon, I told Sooyoung and sunny to wait for me at the parking lot, they told me that they will give me a ride to the place where we three are going to have dinner.

I hope sunny and Sooyoung noticed that I’m still here, stuck inside the elevator. So they can call some help for me and Ms. Jung can get out of here.

“Ms. Hwang” I heard that same sweet soft voice, the same voice that I heard on my dream…The only difference is that she called me ms. Hwang not tiffany

Could she be the girl on my dreams?

“Ms. Hwang” she called out for me again, I pretended that I didn’t hear her called me the first time so that I can make sure that it’s Ms. Jung who appeared on my dream.

The second time she said Ms. Hwang that made me 100% sure that it’s Ms. Jung who appeared in my dream.

Now I know what got me so awkward to her, because of that dream. I slowly look at her and there she was looking at me her eyes showing some curiosity and also concern, I wonder why?

“Yes?” I said, I didn’t smile because my eyes are all focus on her eyes.

What am I doing?

“are you still okay?” she asked, I think what made her asked that is because I didn’t answer when she first called me, but it makes me happy to know that the tone of her voice shows concern

“Yes, I’m still okay” because you finally talk, I wouldn’t mind getting stuck inside the elevator as long as I’m stuck with you.

I know what I’m feeling towards Ms. Jung, I like her from the first time I saw her.

But I don’t know what she feels towards me, from what I can see at her behavior when she’s near me or when I caught her looking at me she walks away and disappear.

But right now she’s still looking at me, and she’s not walking away.

What if we are not stuck inside this elevator will she talk to me or is she going to ignore me?

Will it be us being all awkward to each other like earlier before this elevator arrived?

JESSICA POV

I’m staring at my phone; I don’t know what time we’re going to get out of this metal box.

I hope this girl who is also stuck with me is still okay, telling her a lie is not a good thing.

I divert my stare from my phone to the place where tiffany is standing earlier I was surprised when I didn’t found her there, I look at my right side and there I found her leaning her back on the wall and she’s standing a little close to me.

Okay this dead air around us, I don’t like it I have to talk to her now.

She looks like she’s not okay as I watch her face

Now I have the courage to look at her face, I examined every part of her side profile, starting from her lips to her nose, then moving to her cheeks that looks so smooth, I felt a little sad because I can’t see her eyes.

“Ms. Hwang” I said, I have this urge that I want her to look at me. I want to see her eyes; I want to stare at those eyes of her even for a while.

But she didn’t move, I think she didn’t hear me. Since I already started talking why not try calling out for her attention again, aside of me wanting to see her eyes, I also want to ask her if she’s alright.

“Ms. Hwang” I said for the second time, this time she looks at me “yes?”

Finally I have the clear close view of her eyes.

I’m starting to like you Ms. Hwang, I want to tell her that as I stare at her eyes, I wonder if she can read what my eyes are saying.

How I wish she can read what my eyes are saying.

I don’t know what I’m going to call her if I should call her Ms. Hwang or tiffany.

I’ll just stick to Ms. Hwang first.

Now that she’s looking at me “are you still okay?” I asked her, she didn’t answer and I notice that she too is looking at me, at my eyes to be exact. It’s like we’re in for a staring battle.

“I’m still okay, Ms. Jung” she finally answered, the last thing I want her to do is to smile, but then she seems to like smiling at people so as she answered she showed me a subtle smile.

I’m still glad that she didn’t do that eye-smile; I’m still safe of having a heart attack.

“Jessica, you can call me that” I said to her as I show her a small smile, I can’t look at her eyes anymore because my cheeks are starting to heat up again.

I diverted my stare to the elevator door; there it’s safe to look at her.

“Sooyoung and sunny doesn’t call me Ms. Jung, and I think you are now close to them so I think it’s okay for  you to call me Jessica”

“If that’s the case, I think you too should call me tiffany not Ms. Hwang” she said, I can tell from her reflection that she’s smiling.

“Okay, tiffany” I said as I nod

I have to tell her something, I think it’s already passed 20 minutes that we are still stuck inside this elevator.

“Tiffany, I told you earlier that this elevator hasn’t stopped ever since the company opened, right?” I started with my calm voice

“Yes”

“Well, I lied” I mumbled softly

“Oh”

Then the elevator suddenly move, finally we’re going to get out of here, I look at the floor number 2 floors to go and we are near to the ground floor.

But then it stops again, and all the lights went off.

-TBC-

 

A/N: I'M BACK..omo, I'm soooo sorry if I took a verrrrrrry long time to update..THANK YOU GUYS FOR STILL READING!!! :D