Sunggyu

I'm Sorry...

“When will you free?” He sighed upon hearing the voices from the other line on the phone. “I’m not sure.”

“Today, when you finish the works come to the hospital, even it’s midnight or 3a.m in the morning. Come.” Hoya gritted his teeth as he commanded the older man from the phone, one of his hand flipping the files on the desk, he had been telling Sunggyu to come and Sunggyu is not helping as he always dodging or maybe he really busy. Sunggyu on the other line keep quiet not answering him, “Are you afraid?”

Hoya questioned making him stiffened on his seat, “Is it?” He gulped nervously. “Just come, it’s better you know it earlier.” Sunggyu ended up agreed to him for coming to the hospital no matter how late is it.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

“Is it that bad?” He murmured at himself before looking up at the man in front of him who is now just looking at him with an unreadable face. “How bad is it?” He whispered, but loud enough for him to heard. Hoya shook his head slowly as he drifted his attention back to the files in front of him. “Cancer...?”

“It might take a long time to recover and since it’s already at the last stadium, but we still can doing for the therapy and doing the operation soon to remove your cancer. I prefer you—“

“Don’t tell anyone.” Sunggyu cut him short as Hoya  explained him the procedure for healing him. “Atleast your family have to know your condition, Sunggyu. “Then, don’t.” Sunggyu glared at him which making him shut right at the moment. Hoya faked a coughed before continuing himself after silence lingering them for a moment. about the operation and therapy you—“

“I won’t do it.” Hoya look up widened his eyes in horror as he saw Sunggyu who is now carelessly sit there looking at him in a forceful way. “Hyung.” He called him once, but Sunggyu ignoring him sighed. “As the prediction, how long I will last at least?”

“Hyung, it’s—“

“Just tell me.” Sunggyu cut him once again leaving the younger male had no choice to answer him. “I’m not sure, maybe 3 or 4 or 5 months. It depends your own body.” Sunggyu nodded as he leaned down at the chair. “Promise me. It’s just between us. Don’t tell anyone about this. Not even Sungyeol, nor my family.”

“Hyung, aren’t you gonna do the operation?” Sunggyu shook his head smiling at him as he asking why to himself, “I have no intentions to do it anyway.”

“But—“

“That’s it Hoya.” He stopped him from asking himself further question and get up immediately. He just dazed off from there quickly as he felt really broken inside hearing the information which making him thinking back all the way back. His chest felt so hurt as he thinking about his parents, especially

Han Sena

 

 

 

 3 or 4 or 5 months. Last stadium. Cancer. Liver.

 

He got into his car and drove away immediately with such a high speed. He couldn't thinking anything straight away as he kept drive his car speeding up the speed. When suddenly he push the breaks and going to the side of road, resting his head at the wheel and started to held his sob hardly. He ended looking up blankly at the road as the tears fall down to his cheeks. He wiped it off harshly but the tears can't just stop from flowing out from his eyes. "Why?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When finally the tears stop flowing down, suddenly he felt someone knocked the passenger window, he turn around and his heart ached more as he saw a girl who he loved the most standing there smiling up for him. She waved her hands to his and motion him to pull down the window as she wants to talk a with him but Sunggyu just opened up the door for her to coming in. "What are you doing in this late?" She asked when finally he sat down at the passenger seat. Sunggyu shook his head slow and quietly. "Sunggyu?" 

"Sunggyu?" She call him once again as he not responds to her either up to now. She tapped his shoulder trying to look at his face find some reason of his silence. "Sunggyu?" Sunggyu snapped out from his own little mind and stared blankly at the person beside him. "Something on your mind?" He shook his head as an answer and faking a smile at her. "Are you okay?" He nodded. She kind of frustrated as looking at him not answering one of her question properly. "You look pale. Are you okay?" He nodded once again. "Have you eaten yet?" He quiet.  

 

"What are you doing here in this kind late of night?" He finally spoke out after a long silence between the two. "And you are?" Sena asking  him back making Sunggyu stiffened on his seat as he look back straight up blankly to the road. "Sunggyu? Is there something wrong?" He look up meeting with her worried face, he felt ached at his chest just for seeing her. He shook his head smiling, " Let me drive you home."

"is there something wrong? You can tell me." She still worried looking at him who just kept quiet as he drove her home. "I'm fine, going in. It's getting late." She had no choice to go in after she bid him goodbye and tell him to drive carefully.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

You look terrible." 

"I know." Sungyeon finally agreed to meeting with him as he brought her to the amusement park leaving her confused and here they were enjoying all the fun in the afternoon now sitting at a restaurant inside the amusement park. "Sungyeon." He sighed. She stir uncomfortably at her seat as she heard him. She know where this conversation headed on. She look up meeting at his gaze, there is something strange after not meeting him a week. His eye bags become worst and his eyes become more lifeless as he look up right into her eyes. "I don't want to talk Sunggyu." She look away from his eyes. "I don't have much time anymore, Sungyeon." She look up surprised by his mark words, furrowed her eyebrows confused.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tell me it's a fake." She tried to hold all of her emotions. She look up beside her who now sitting lifeless behind the wheel "Sunggyu." She tried to hold herself for sobbing but her effort seem useless. They have been kept quiet until now Sunggyu send her home, she finally spoke out. "Sunggyu!" She yelled in frustration since he's not answering any of her questions. Sunggyu sighing as he leaned down to his seat looking up and close his eyes. "I wish it was a fake too."

"Mianhae Sungyeon. I should have know this coming when I kept feeling the pain everyday." He opened his eyes murmuring and turn to met with Sungyeon's teary eyes. "I always have this feeling since you refused to end this act." He continuing, "I don't know since when but, please... Don't like me." Sungyeon choked at her own tears as she heard him, she look up met with his gaze, "Then what are you go- gonna do with this?" She try to hold her sob. "How about Sena? Your family? Your friends? What will you plan after this? Are you not gonna getting the treatment or operation or-" She started to pump her fist at his chest which he caught her hand making she shut and sobbing. 

"I'm not gonna do the operation nor the therapy." He shook his head. "I'm tired living at this world."  

"Sung-." 

"I want to send you all one by one... Peacefully... Silently step out from each other life." Sungyeon's vision become more blurry as she heard him talking, she shook her head as in disbelief, "Even- Even though you didn't like me-." She sob, "Han Sena, Sena... What are-." He brought her into his embrace which making her crying even more hard.

"I don't think she likes me either, I will just left her from now on." Sungyeon surprised as he brought her into his embrace more over surprised at his statement after. She tried to got off from him but the next thing she know she found out he is shaken as well, it must be hard too for him as everything in these days going too smoothly for him before the reality hit him hard onto the earth.

 "Why?" She whispered but loud enough to be heard. "You have to live well."

 She shook her head slowly keep crying, "You are too good for me, so please... Live well, found another man who won't hurt you and live well with him." She kept shook her head refusing all of the fact.

Sunggyu broke the hug and cupped her face slowly looking at her teary eyes, "H- How about operation? Maybe you can-."  

"Ssshh... Let's not talk about it anymore. Now, live well and please don't have some tiny hope to me eo? I know you better than that" 

"No, I'm not." She shook her head slowly and choke on her tears. 

"I know you are." He kissed her forehead before apart themselves which Sungyeon refused to let him go. "Wipe your tears and live your life happily Sungyeon." He gave her a broken smile. The very first time she ever look him this hopeless. She wiped her tears harshly with her hands and tissue before got out from his car. She took a several steps and looking back to his car before she tear up once again she ran to her own house ignoring all of the weird looks her parents or the maid giving to her.