Saturdays

There's a Tomorrow with You

It's a lazy Saturday morning where the temperature of the bedroom is just cold enough to whine about and stay tucked under the covers. Joonmyun grumbles as he stirs with the early morning Saturday light, rubbing the sleep from his eyes and letting out a drawled yawn. His mind is happily blank, free from patient charts, heart monitors, and hospital beds. Only the sunlight streams through his body and his toes curl under the white, down comforter.

Minseok is still asleep, so Joonmyun takes the time to relish in the silence while the house is dead quiet. Joonmyun can feel Minseok's soft, hot breath panning against his neck from how close they're curled together, legs intertwined and limbs tangled in the warming heat. Minseok's skin is soft in the morning light, hair a shade lighter than normal with the sun filtering through their room. Joonmyun allows himself to give in to the thumps in his chest, pressing a gentle kiss to his husband's forehead so the older wouldn't wake up.

Though Joonmyun and Minseok have nothing to do today, Joonmyun wants to treasure the time alone in the morning, just before Luhan wakes up and comes giggling into their room about breakfast. The bed is all too inviting just to stay and cuddle, to whisper silent 'I love you's and to press chaste kisses playfully.

Minseok stirs in his sleep, lifting his head and blinking rapidly to clear away the haze. He gazes at Joonmyun, entranced, pressing a gentle kiss to Joonmyun's forehead as well.

"Good morning to you too," he murmurs grinning cheekily as he pulls himself flush against the younger's warm body. He presses his cold toes just to the inside of Joonmyun's calf in a way he knows will get the younger whining childishly. His eyes crinkle with an incandescent smile.

Joonmyun grudgingly releases his hands from the warm confines of the bed to run his fingers alone the sides of Minseok's face, trailing the warm, soft skin until they land on his husband's lips. And Minseok smiles, pressing teasing kisses to the tips of Joonmyun's fingers.

Words are stuck in the back of Minseok's throat; Joonmyun can read it in his husband's face, but he simply smiles and searches for the shining silver ring on Minseok's hand. He fingers the silver band, feeling it between his fingers and lazily watching it spin. He compares it with his own; his is a bit lighter since he always has to take it off for surgeries. But Minseok's hands are warmer and softer and completely befitting of the small, inconspicuous silver band placed just where it belongs.

We should spend more mornings like this, Joonmyun thinks as he presses a kiss to Minseok's lips, slow and languid as his hand comes to cradle the base of Minseok's neck. The older sighs happily against their pressed lips, reveling in the feeling of their tongues dancing slowly together. His heart fills to the brim and spills warmth to the rest of his chest.

Joonmyun pulls back just enough to murmur 'I love you' right against Minseok's reddened lips, just as he hears a telltale pitter patter of slippered feet marching down the hallway. "Breakfast, breakfast, Appa, Daddy," Luhan sings sleepily, voice growing steadily louder as he nears his parents' bedroom. The squeaks of Luhan's slippers grow louder with each step and there's no use pretending they're asleep anymore because Luhan will just shout in their ears and demand to be fed.

The toddler fumbles with the doorknob for a bit until he finally grasps it and swings the door open with a creak. He hums the Pororo theme song as he tries to tiptoe quietly into the bedroom. Joonmyun peeks over Minseok's body to watch his son trying to stealthily sneak to their bed with squeaking slippers.

"Appa, Daddy, Appa, Daddy," he continues to chant softly, frowning when he reaches the bed and Minseok and Joonmyun have made no move to leave the comforting warmth and make him breakfast. Pouting, Luhan stomps his little feet and tugs on the bedcovers on Minseok's side of the bed.

Joonmyun glares at Minseok, hoping that he would get the message and ignore Luhan for a little, just so they could get a little more time together, but Minseok turns in bed to a frowning Luhan and ruffles his bed head.

"Little Lu is awake, huh?" he murmurs, running his fingers over Luhan's round cheeks. He scoots away from Joonmyun and sits up just enough to pick up the toddler and fit his small body in between theirs. Luhan giggles, spewing a mess of incomprehensible words as he rolls around on the bed and reaches his hand up for Joonmyun's face.

Minseok is starting to drift back to sleep, so Joonmyun keeps Luhan occupied as quietly as he can by play biting his fingers and stomach, pressing messy kisses to Luhan's cheeks, and telling a bedtime story (though Luhan whines because it's not bedtime and bedtime stories can only be told at bedtime).

He manages to give Minseok only another fifteen minutes of sleep before Luhan notices and starts to whine.

"Luhan," Joonmyun whispers, leaning in close and pressing a kiss to Luhan's cheek, "how about you give Appa a big kiss and see if that wakes him up."

So Luhan his lips for a good minute until he decides they're wet enough. He sits back on his knees and reaches his small hands forward until they're gripping at Minseok's jaw. He makes to his lips really well one last time before planting a huge, wet kiss on Minseok's cheek, smacking emphatically.

Blearily waking up for the second time, Minseok runs his hand under Luhan's Power Ranger shirt and caresses the soft stomach underneath. Luhan becomes ticklish and falls into hysterics, laughing until he's screaming for Appa to stop and it's so loud Joonmyun wishes Luhan had a mute button.

Once Minseok stops through, Luhan is back to babbling about breakfast. He sidles up to Joonmyun and plants a kiss right on his cheek, pleading for breakfast with his huge eyes and pouty lips. He tugs gently on the bed covers, pulling them back inch by inch until Joonmyun gives in, playfully tackling Luhan into the bed sheets before scooping him up and running into the kitchen.

Clapping excitedly for breakfast, Luhan kicks his feet around when he's set in his chair, singing every song he can off the top of his head while he waits- including the jumbled, incongruous version of "Happy Birthday" and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". Joonmyun is cooking eggs at the stove, watching from the corner of his eyes as Luhan draws little circles on the table, then suddenly hops out of the chair and squeaks all the way back to his bedroom to return with a Donald Duck plushie tucked safely in the crook of his arm. He hops back onto the chair and sets the stuffed animal on the table, smiling and petting Donald Duck and mumbling to feed Donald with the scraps on his plate.

Minseok pads into the kitchen, just as Joonmyun sets the eggs, bacon, and rice on the table, freshly washed and less drowsy. Joonmyun is still in a semiconscious state, yawning so widely that he has to rub the water from his eyes- his nerves suddenly fire ferociously as Minseok wraps his arms around his waist, hand slipping under his loose shirt to caress his flat stomach, and presses kisses to the crook of his neck. Joonmyun feels his breath hitch, feels everything inside flutter and he wonders if Minseok can feel it too.

Luhan, blissfully unaware, happily stabs at his eggs and rice with a plastic fork, occasionally trying to feed Donald sitting at the table and watching as the egg falls from his fork and onto the corner of his plate. He is the only one making sounds in the early Saturday morning.

Minseok's teeth tug at Joonmyun's ear, pulling playfully until Joonmyun turns around and another kiss pressed to his cheek. "Happy Saturday," he whispers, smiling against Joonmyun's cheek before leaving a void of cold air and attending to Luhan (who has managed to spill rice all over himself).

A smile tugs at the corner of his lips and warms up the void of space surrounding his body. It's only the morning and they still have the rest of the day and the night together on their day off.

Happy Saturday, indeed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: So in the end, I decided to add 3 more drabbles to this. This is one of them and all the drables are so fluffy you won't believe it. I believe this one is like 1400~ words. I hope you'll enjoy the additions! Let me know what you think~ I'll update the other two drabbles over the weekend ^^