New Year's Gift

Loving Again

[Jaejoong POV]

'HYUNG!!!'. A dolphin voice squealed loudly,its owner throwing himself at me.I gasped for air.

'Jun...su...go...can't..breathe!',I said,as he hugged me tightly.Junsu let me go,smiling from ear to ear.

'Happy New Year,hyung!',he squealed again.

'Su,new year is from tommorow',Yoochun said,coming in.

'I know!I just wanted to wish him earlier',Junsu said,pouting cutely.We laughed at him.

'How are you,Jae?',Yoochun said,sitting on the couch beside Junsu.I brought them hot tea and cookies,both of which I had just freshly made.

'I am good.How is work going on?',I asked my best friend.

'Fantastic!We are now planning to collaborate with the Jung Industries for an upcoming project',Yoochun said.I congratulated him and wished him all the best.

'What are you doing today,hyung?',Junsu asked.

'I was planning to visit the bakery now.It must be crowded there by now.And Sungmin is alone handling it',I said.

'Come with us,hyung.They are organizing fireworks at the bridge for New Year's eve',Junsu said

Fireworks at the bridge.

'They are going to arrange fireworks at the bridge!Let's go!Our little peanut can also enjoy!'

His voice rang in my head.Full of joy and love.

A searing pain shot through my heart.I doubled over,clutching at my chest,gasping in pain.

'Hyung!'

'Jae!'

Both Yoochun and Junsu rushed over,catching me before i fell.My breathing was becoming ragged and came in short bursts.The voice rang again.His  voice.His sweet voice.

'Our peanut can also enjoy!'

I whimpered,pain growing.Memories flowing.

'Don't go!Please!',I whispered softly.I felt someone lift me up,probably Yoochun and set me on bed.I curled up,shaking,willing the memories  to go away.

And like rain saving the parched earth,the voice came to save me.The chocolate-bronze voice.

'I am Jung Yunho.Thank you very much!'

It eased my pain as I drifted away.

                                                                             -x-x-x-

I woke up to find it dark outside.I rubbed my eyes,washed my face and stumbled out.I saw Yoochun and Junsu sitting on the couch.Junsu saw me and hugged me tightly,tears in his eyes.I rubbed his back.

'Jae,are you fine?Does it still hurt?What happened?',Yoochun asked.

'I am fine',I said,sitting in the armchair.

'Don't lie to me.I'm not your best friend for nothing',he said,looking at me intensely.I avoided his gaze.Junsu wrapped his arms around me.

'Was it 'his' memories again?'.Yoochun's words stabbed me and i curled up again in pain.Junsu held me tighter as he reprimanded Yoochun.I was still trembling when Yoochun gave a sigh and came on my other side.

'Jae,let him go now.Let them go.You will kill yourself like this',he said,patting my head.

'Then,that way I can be with with them',I whispered.Yoochun turned my head to look at him.

'Listen,Kim Jaejoong.You stop this right now.You are going to live.Ok?',he said.I dropped my gaze.

'Live for him,Jae.Live for them',he said,gentler now.I again curled up,shivering a bit.

'OK.That's it.Yoochun,shut up for a moment.Hyung,we are going out.You need fresh air',Junsu said,puuling me up.I didn't want to go,but seeing that Junsu was determined,I had no choice.

                                                                        -x-x-x-

It was crowded outside.All enjoying the last day of the year.Junsu was chattering away non-stop.We had dinner in a small,cosy restaurant and then went to the bakery to see how things were going on.We decided to close up around 11pm,rather late it was.I closed up evrything and went out,loking the shutter,to find only Junsu standing there.

'Where's Yoochun?',I asked.

'He's over there.Apparantly met someone he knows'.I saw Yoochun talking to a tall fellow whose back was to us.Yoochun spotted us and waved us over.Junsu took my hand as we started.

'Oh Junsu,Jaejoong.Meet this person.We are collaborating with him.Remember what I told you about our project?'

The tall person turned to look at us and I gasped slightly.He.too.seemed a bit surprised.

It was him.

Him.Whose voice I had been replaying from the last 6 days to calm myself down.His deep chocolate-bronze voice,which was music to my ears,as he spoke again.

'Hello,Kim-ssi.Nice to meet you again!',said Jung Yunho.

 

 

All right!!this is next chapter!!

Please comment/subscribe if u like!!It encourages me a lot!!

Kamsahamnida!!^^