Chapter 6

You left me, so I went to him. Don't take it personally. (Hiatus)

(Sol Na’s POV)

It was a cold winter’s day. We were expecting at least three inches of snow that day. And today just happened to be free dress day… So like every other Korean girl in the country, I decided to wear my minni-skirt to show off my legs because our uniforms do NOTHING for them, even if that meant freezing to death.

I pulled on a black sweatshirt as I walked out the door of my house to walk to school, and pulled the hood over my head, bundling up.

God, it was cold…

I walked next door and knocked on the door, Seung Hyun’s mom opening it up for me.

“Good morning, Sol Na,” she told me, a smile in her eyes.

“Good morning, Mrs. Choi.”

The woman let me in the house and I walked in. “Seung Hyun’s in his room. Go hurry him up, since I can’t ever seem to get him too.”

I laughed and nodded, walking into Seung Hyun’s room without knocking.

The boy was walking around in just his underpants, scavenging around for something to wear.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?!” he screamed.

“What? It’s not like I haven’t seen your boxers before,” I said, going over to his bed and laying down on it.

“ Well yeah, but that was before I went through puberty!” he yelled, shuffling on his school uniform pants.

I looked down at his junk and looked back up at his face. “It doesn’t look much different to me,” I smirked.

 “I hate you,” he sneered.

“The feeling is mutual,” I told him.

I laid my head down on his pillow and closed my eyes. Wow, his bed is so comfortable…

“You know, there is this party that I need to go to. It’s actually a wedding for my cousin, and my mom says that I need to get a date to it since I’m sixteen.”

My ears perked up. Is he asking me? “Why do you need a date? It’s just a wedding…”

“I know that! That’s what I told her… I mean, you know that I don’t have any problems with this stuff, but there is no girl that I can think of that will want to attend a boring wedding with me.” I would. “Like seriously, all the girls at school are stupid and self-centered anyway… I don’t know any good girl to take with me…” You could take me… “I mean, of course you aren’t like that, but it’d be weird to take you on a date… you’re like my sister.”

I felt like I ran into a brick wall. HIS SISTER?!

“Yeah definitely,” I lied. “Go find someone else. People wouldn’t think you had a girlfriend anyway; your entire family knows me.”

“Yeah. It would kinda defeat the purpose if you did go with me…”

I sat there for a few more minutes, listening to him getting dressed. After hearing him put on his belt, signaling he was done, I felt him jump on the bed with me.

I opened my eyes and saw him over me, arms on either side of my head and legs on either side of my waist.

I gulped.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” I finally asked.

He began to move his head closer to mine. My heart raced and I felt my cheeks heating up. Right before his lips hit mine, I turned my head to the side.

“It’s time to go to school,” he whispered in my ear, before jumping off of me.

“Yah! What the hell was that?! You couldn’t have told me that we needed to get going without nearly me?!” I yelled at him, as I jumped off the bed and grabbed my book bag as we ran out of the room together.

“I know you love stuff like that in the dramas, so I decided to do it myself,” he smirked.

I punched him hard on his shoulder.

“Ow! That hurt!”

“You’re such a child,” I mumbled.

I heard his mother laughing at us as we left the house. “Have a good day at school you two!” she yelled at us.

“We will!” I answered.

“Mom, it’s school. How much fun could we have?” he asked.

I punched him again and shut the door behind us.

“You need to stop punching people. Maybe that’s why you don’t have a boyfriend,” he smirked.

“I don’t have a boyfriend because I don’t want one,” I sneered.

“You could also get a new hoodie… you always look like a thug in this one,” he said, ripping the hood off my head.

“Would you stop it?” I asked, putting the hood back up. “It’s freaking cold outside and I’m trying to keep warm.”

“You would be warmer if you wore your uniform… Why aren’t you wearing your uniform, by the way?” he asked.

“Because it’s free dress today.”

“It is?! Why didn’t you tell me?! You freaking watched me get dressed…”

“Because I figured I should stop saving your every once in a while,” I replied.

“When did they announce it?”

“Yesterday during homeroom.”

“Gosh… maybe I should listen sometimes… I really don’t like sticking out…”

“You already do, Seung Hyun…” I smirked.

He laughed. “But it’s in a good way.”

“Sometimes.”

I sighed and we walked in silence for a little longer.

“Ooh, look at her…” Seung Hyun said, motioning up to the girl in front of me.

I knew her from school:  her name was Minji and she was three years younger than us…

“She’s tiny Seung Hyun. Don’t go after her…” I told him, hopefully.

“She’s tiny, but she’s beautiful…”

I sighed. “Fine, go for it,” I told him and sped up, walking faster.

I heard him mumbled ‘What’s her problem?’ as I walked away, and I tried to hold back my tears.

Would he like me if I was that pretty? Maybe he would even ask me to his cousin’s wedding…

 

“Why are you so blue?” I heard Chae Rin ask me as I walked into homeroom.

I went and sat down at the table by the window that over looked the front gate.

“Do I even have to answer that question?”

She chuckled. “Of course you don’t. You’re still after your y rapper friend and he doesn’t know that you like him.”

“You think Seung Hyun is y too?”

“Who doesn’t? Gosh… everyone wants to be Tempo’s* friend here.”

“I’ll make sure to get you free tickets to the next concert,” I mumbled, not amused at all.

“Don’t bother. I already have them,” she laughed.

The bell rung and I looked down, watching the school gates close and Seung Hyun and Minji running up, trying to convince them to let them in without punishment.

I scoffed. If he had stayed with me, then he wouldn’t be late.

“Suites him right…” I mumbled.

Chae Rin looked out the window. “He’s hanging out with Minji?!”

“Yeah… he needs a date for a wedding and he’s targeting her now.”

“What?! Has he forgotten you existed?!”

“Yeah, apparently. He told me that I was like his little sister this morning… Gosh, I hate him.”

She chuckled. “You mean you wish you could hate him?”

“Shut up, Chae Rin… Shouldn’t you be in class?” I asked her, really not wanting to talk to anyone right now.

The younger girl huffed. “Yeah, yeah. Who ever heard of being in class on time?” she said, as she stood up and walked toward the door.

 

After a few minutes of not paying attention to the lecture and watching Seung Hyun do push-ups as punishment for being late down below, he finally made his way up to the room and sat down next to me.

“Guess who has a date for the wedding?” he asked me, with a sly grin on his face, and smoothly threw his arm over my shoulder.

I shrugged it off. “Good for you.”

If only he knew…

 

Daesung and I walked up to the door of my house. “That’s Seung Hyun’s child hood home over there,” I said, motioning to the house next to mine.

Inside the window, I could see Seung Hyun’s mother in the kitchen cooking food, like she always does.

“So is that how you met Seung Hyun?”

I nodded. “He moved there when we were four. I’ve known him ever since,” I said, turning back to my front door and walking in my house.

“You still live with your parents?” Daesung asked.

“My parents died when I was thirteen,” I responded.

“Oh, I’m sorry…”

“Don’t be. Seung Hyun’s mother practically took me in and raised me after that. She made me stay with them for a couple of months, then I begged her to let me go back to my house,” I chuckled, remembering what happened the day I decided to leave. “She said the only way I could do that was if I came over every night for dinner.”

Daesung smiled. I couldn’t help but feel sad for him. He wants to know about my past, but Seung Hyun is in every memory I have…

“And did you?”

“Of course! I couldn’t stand saying no to excellent food!”

He chuckled. “Who wouldn’t say yes?”

I sauntered over to the couch and plopped down on it.

God, I miss him…

I felt tears bubble up in my eye and I let them fall down my cheek. Daesung walked over to me and sat down next to me, grabbing my face and wiping my tears away with his thumb. “Forget about him…” he told me. “You have me now.”

The younger boy pressed his lips on mine and I graciously accepted his request, kissing him earnestly.

After a minute, there was a knock on the door.

We parted. “I’m sorry,” I told him, getting up and walking toward the door.

I opened the door and saw Seung Hyun’s mother standing there. “Oh thank goodness it is you, Sol Na. I saw that car outside and thought someone was breaking in…” she said, smiling softly.

I smiled at the woman and nodded. “It’s just me. Would you like to come in?”

She hesitated then nodded. I opened the door further and let the woman in.

“Oh Daesung! I didn’t know you were in town today!” the woman said, scurrying up to Daesung and hugging him.

He laughed and hugged her back. “I’m just dropping Sol Na off at her home,” he said, getting up and walking to the door.

I followed him over there as he opened the door. “Good bye,” he said as he kissed my cheek and closed the door behind him.

“Well, I’m glad to see that you’ve moved on,” she said, sitting down on my couch.

I sighed and fell down on the couch beside her, resting my head on her shoulder. “I’m trying, mother. I pretend to be angry with him, just like I was when we were little. I hope that if I keep up these false emotions that they would eventually be true,” I told her.

She patted my head. “I know. It’s hard… he’s an idiot, what can I say? He gets that from his father, I can tell you that.”

“I—I’m trying to forget him,” I said, my voice cracking. “I was thinking earlier, on the car ride back here, about that day we had free dress and he didn’t listen to the teachers so he didn’t know… we were so innocent then. What happened?”

“Life happened… And even though I imagined you walking down the aisle one day with my son, I will gladly cheer for you no matter what boy you take, alright?”

I smiled lightly. “Alright…”

“You know, your parents would be so proud of you…”

“Thank you…”

 

A WEEK LATER

“I hope that you all know why we are here today,” Ji Yong said, motioning for the waiter to come out.

The man came out with a cart, a cake sitting on top.

I blushed and folded my face into my hands. “Oh gosh, I should have known that you guys were going to do this…”

“Yes, our beautiful Sol Na is turning 25 today,” Ji Yong finished.

“Oh guys stop. I hate getting old… It makes me feel like a e dating Daesung…”

“You are,” Ji Yong said, and then continued. “It seems like only yesterday I first met noona… I remember knocking on the door of Seung Hyun’s home way back when he was sixteen, asking him to go audition for YG. She was sitting at the kitchen table, eating her kimchi, rather cutely I must say, when she flipped out, knocking her food on the ground, begging Seung Hyun to tell me yes, even though he had already agreed.”

“Oh my god! You remember that?!”

“Of course I do!”

I glanced up at Seung Hyun, who was laughing quietly, obviously remembering the day.

Daesung laughed. “You did what?”

“Yes… I thought that I had heard Seung Hyun say ‘no’ to auditioning… So I freaked out and begged him to say yes, when in actuality, he had already told Ji Yong that he would audition,” I said, blushing like crazy.

“Wait, hyung, you already knew noona?” Seungri asked Ji Yong.

“I had seen her once, but I didn’t actually meet her, if you know what I mean. Well anyway, happy birthday, Sol Na.”

We lit the candles and I blew all 25 of them out.

I’m so old…

Daesung and I had stayed after for a few drinks, after everyone else had left.

“How did you guys know it was my birthday? I had even forgotten…”

He laughed. “Seung Hyun told us. By the way, this is for you,” he said, pulling a small box out of his pocket.

I took the fancy box and opened it up, revealing a pretty opal necklace.

“I hope that Seung Hyun wasn’t pulling my chain when he told me that was your favorite stone…”

I smiled. “He wasn’t… It’s beautiful,” I said pulling it out of the box. “Would you help me put it on?”

He took the necklace from my hand and nodded. “Of course,” he said as he unclasped it and wrapped it around my neck, clasping it behind my head. I felt his lips kiss the back of my neck softly and put my hair back in place.

“Oh, and this is from Seung Hyun,” he said, pulling an envelope from his pocket.

I frowned and opened it up. It was a blank card with two words in it: I’m sorry. I quickly crumpled it up and tossed it in the trash can.

I’m not going to let your memories control my life when I have someone better sitting next to me on my birthday instead of you.

 

(Daesung’s POV)

I got home from a nice evening spent with Sol Na later that night.

I saw what was on that card. He is freaking trying to take her away from me… Well, I’ve got news for him: That. Is. Not. Happening.

I walked into his bedroom to find him reading a book.

“Have you ever heard of knocking?” he asked.

“Stop trying,” I told him.

“What are you talking about?”

“Stop trying to get her back. She’s mine right now… you left her and I took her. And I have news for you… I love her. Okay? So please, just stop trying to steal her from me,” I said.

“Daesung—I—”

“I don’t want to hear any excuses, Seung Hyun. You hurt her, and I’m not going to let you continue to hurt her. Okay?” I asked, before I left the room, leaving him speechless.

I sighed. I hate doing this to you, Seung Hyun, but I love her too much to care right now…


*Tempo was actually T.O.P.'s underground rapper name before he joined YG.

 

Yay Daesung! You got T.O.P. doing this now:

So, I probably won't be updating any more this week, so in advance: Happy Easter! ^.^ Go to church/spend time with your family/do whatever else you do on Easter.

I'll talk to y'all later then. ^.^

*comment, suggest, subscribe